Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 24!

Old 07-28-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Cold comfort for breakfast this morning. Didn't sleep because Mr. Ruby out tripping the light fantastic last night and I got angry. Too angry to sleep. Angry enough that I wanted to drink at the problem. But I didn't. I'm left with an anger hangover and 19 plus months of sobriety intact. Vacuuming Brynn? I would have been marching in the big brass band on top of the vacuum. And a herd of elephants.

My doorknob saved me last night. Showed me at a fork in the road and Gave me a good suggestion over the path I should take and want to be on.

Brain, it'll come together when you're ready. So long as you don't buy gilt hampers you'll be OK.

Nice lights, Sao.

Dad went for more antibiotics yesterday for what appears to be a sinus infection which is affecting upper lungs. That and inhaler is making him feel easier and less anxious even if it's not completely a cure.

See you all later. Long day ahead on a pittance of sleep. Maybe some yoga tonight. I need something. Anger hangovers are more soul eating than the booze induced ones
Old 07-28-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Oh Ruby that sucks. Yoga sounds like good idea. Something to center you. And Brynn - I agree with Ruby. Vacuuming isn't enough. More noise!!! I'm glad I don't live with a drinker. It's bad enough that the guy friend drinks. Those drunk texting sessions are no fun. But t least I can ignore the phone.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

tripping the light fantastic... ah yeah, you don't hear that expression often these days...

I spent a bit of time going over "retirement" scenarios. If I could add a few years to the record I could be taking home sweet money for nothing. But it looks like a job is in my future somewhere. I do do windows if anyone is interested. Wife discovered my contractors estimator book which I purchased a few months ago from amazon and yelled at me. Hey, it's an investment opportunity - have tools will work, and yes, I have tools!

Debating whether or not to roll over 401K or keep it pat.
Anywho... I did not get the tix for the zombies in seattle. Me, I would do it in a second, but I couldn't "justify it" or explain it in a manner to be understood by my partner.

Looks like a nice day outside.
RUBY! Sorry to hear of your angst me dear. Glad you are still with us sobriety many days in a row types.

here's a song to get you through a melancholy morning...
Old 07-28-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Ruby, I really feel for you - and brynn - but right now especially Ruby.

I was 36 when I said one day, "I'm done." (with relationships.) I only half believed I'd make it stick, but I have so far. I just hope and pray it never comes back to bite me. Like today! Today I need a plumber. I think I could do it myself, but if I can't - ugh!

However, I'd far rather pay a plumber than live with drunk guy.

So, I'll mop my kitchen floor so the plumber doesn't judge me.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Bim, I have to tools and the knowledge, I just need a rocket sled to come save you... or one of them fancy transporter devices.

Have a good day all.

Hang in there Ruby and brynn - and everyone.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

I wonder about future relationships. Can I live with someone who drinks? Yes, if he's not drinking to excess. Hard to find here in small town Wisconsin. Wonder if, among the myriad dating sites, there is one for sober people? But at 52 and two failed marriages, I might just be done. That's a sad thought but I'd survive.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Elton John was recording at Caribou Studios - West of Boulder CO - back when he knocked out the Autobiographical 'Captain Fantastic...'. See below some Pix of that spread; an old working Ranch. The WalMart_ian Family just bought Caribou Ranch for tens-of-Millions, and claim they'll leave it 'as is' for use as a Family Retreat. The Left-leaning Boulder County Commissioners will see to that; having rejected a bid for a full-size Walmart anywhere within City Limits.

The downside of me being able to do about everything House-related - including build one - is that I wind up doing about - well - everything. So, I'm cutting back on that Guano, and we'll be hiring local Talent on the cheap to take on things like a Fenced area for Da Pooch, and a nice, Solar Greenhouse next year. Trailer Time's a wastin'...

I designed and Tatt'ed on my Celtic-style Wedding Ring. This Marital go-round is the only one for me. Grabbed that Ring on the Horsey Carousel once already. As a Female Boss in the Satellite Dish Biz told me ~3 Decades ago: 'Stick a Fork in my Azz. I'm done'.-) The Designated Drunk in this Household has cut way back; given the Retirement of her Drinking Buddy, here. She's into 'uppy' Pot instead, since it genuinely helps with her occasional dual Knee Replacements pain. Pot's not my DOC, and her Sativa is the opposite of 'Cheech & Chong' downer Pot. So, how you say, I am not a schitte giving...

After a pending Soiree down at the Dog Park to beat the projected heat, the tasks of today are to put up some FancyAzz Drapes/Rods a talented Neighbor made for us on spec, and change out some Water Filters. The Well Water is a lil Particulate-laden, so this clear Plastic Filter Housing lets me see just how funk it is. It be kinda funk right now. And, speaking of Funk...

'Well my Mind [and Water Filter] is going through them changes'...

- 'Them Changes' ~ Buddy Miles -

- Elton John - Caribou Studio Pix -
Old 07-28-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

I'm back. Bimini, I'll come fix your leak. Don't need guys for that. I redid the toilet in my basement when I was still single. Who knew there were leather washers? I've also redone piping under sinks. Pretty easy provided you have water shut off valve.

I thought I would be done on relationships. This is my second marriage. If it never came to be, I'd accept that. Honestly, being single is less trouble than dealing with a drinking alcoholic.

Brain, I need screens fixed. Not quite windows bit close enough. That's a bit of a road trip though. Think I'll attempt it myself.

Mesa, have fun at the dog park soiree. Hot here, you've probably got it too.

Time to focus at work.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh Ruby! I do know that awful feeling.

Tattooed wedding ring....that's commitment. Nice.

My resident drunk thinks he can get away with anything. He's on probation...waiting a court date for new charges....yet he continues to drink (among other things) knowing full well he has random drug tests! He says his PO warns him ahead of time (?) really?? Whatever. He has this golden boy mentality and at 35 it's yet to be shattered. Like I've said before....there might be a cute geologist on the market soon.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Ruby, it's a bigger problem than I have tools or patience for.

The garbage disposal is rusted onto the flange. So I either need a tool to cut through the flange connection or I need to take out the sink. It's a 30 year old sink and 30 year old "economy" faucet and knobs. I'm not going to replace the disposal - I don't use it anyway, and it seems to be one more thing to break.

So I think it is in my best interest and serenity to hire someone to make one attempt at unsticking the thing, or if that doesn't work within a half hour, then I'm going for a new sink. It's not like I wouldn't enjoy having one - and a nice faucet assembly. I couldn't figure out the plumbing to convert the drain anyway. I figure $1500. Not happy about that, but I'm not going to buy the tools and figure it out - it's leaking and has to be done.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

..which is to say, $2000...because it seems like everything is $2K.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

brynn, are you the cute geologist, or is he?

Because I'm pretty sure no one on this site wants to adopt him.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

all bimini, all the time.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
...holds the key

He is, bim. And I wouldn't dare put him up for adoption here. I like y'all too much for that.

Yeah...2k always seems to be the magic number. Blah!
Old 07-28-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Yeah, Byrnn, knowing what we all know, doubtful you'd find any takers here.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

I want a funny, smart, caring, responsible adult male who tells me he loves me and makes decent money. I know, I know - pipe dream.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

You all crack me up and make me happy and sad at the same time. Bravery and humor. Maybe the sad is a bit much but I didn't have much sleep.

Mr. Ruby sent a text saying he's a piece of guano and doesn't deserve me or kids, job, etc. That he's thinking of moving out. I was thinking along those lines last night myself and now when I see it in black and white, it's scary and sad. It's easier to be all brave when you're angry. No. I don't want to be single in the long run but it may just be what is in the cards for me. I'm not as cute as I was at 40. I got ma'am-ed today.

So I'm sitting in my car at lunch, warming my cold bones and spilling my angst.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  
...holds the key

(((Ruby)))
Old 07-28-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's a tricky post to to follow. Dunno what to say, my teeth are in good shape

I hope your day is going OK now Ruby, at least you have a change of scenery and personnel.

Bimini - you could try a can of WD40 on the disposal unit/ flange. It works sometimes
Old 07-28-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Sao, I think bimini secretly wants a new sink. My day is going OK so far. It's only noon here. Entertaining myself at lunch. At least I can listen to music on the radio while on break. Heard Radiohead's Karma Police. Getting a lot of play lately.