Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 24!

Old 07-26-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Excellent film MLD.

Sounds like the car project is really progressing Sao - well done.

Sorry to hear about your father's health Ruby.

Congrats on hamper LB - ye cheapskate!

I hope your beef stew is delicious Ken.

Alcohol does seem to be connected to every social occasion Brynn. Decades of relentless advertising has played a part. I recall booze ads from childhood!

Just finished a wonderful HBO documentary called Going Clear.

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday so far.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

What to watch next....Daredevil perhaps...
Old 07-26-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry to hear about your dad Ruby, I hope he is OK for awhile yet

Sort of having second thoughts about moving the car to work. I am going to spend a weeks leave working on it soon which I don't want to spend at work. On the other hand at work it is completely secure and nearer to my flat. Decisions

Daredevil does look interesting Behan

I hope everyone has made it through the weekend OK, I know that those of your out west still have a way to go
Old 07-26-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

brynn, how do you make Butterfingers last three days?

Oh, never mind. Even if you told me, I
1.) would look at you like you were speaking Nepalese
2.) wouldn't believe you

Candy just doesn't make it in my house. Well, except dark chocolate. I can make that last. Or maybe you bought the Costco size of trail mix.

Whatever. Eat all the candies, I say. And yeah, those artsy get-togethers always meant wine and crackers and cheese.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your dad Ruby.

I'm in bed, I'm not feeling well today.

What made me feel even worse is that when I told my parents I wasn't well, I could see the suspicion in their eyes and I got "WHY aren't you feeling well?".

People get sick it's what people do. Not to mention that I work in a hospital.

My dad was annoyed and said "why didn't you tell me this morning that you don't feel well". I just looked at him and said "because I've done nothing wrong. I haven't been drinking".

Not much sympathy here and I feel like rubbish.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, Tetra. I still say the sooner you can move away from them, the better!

I'm sorry about your dad, Ruby.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Hey Enders!

Lazy Sunday afternoon here. I have no energy for even netflix surfing. Just watching what is on while every 10 minutes or so I pick something up, or put something away. Maybe this is why it has taken me all day to get two loads of laundry done.
Behan, I decided I didn't like Wayward Pines either. Just couldn't get it up to care about any of the characters. And the end just felt like a setup for another season with the exact same plot. I won't be watching.
Maybe it is time to break out the kindle and just read for the rest of the day.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hope you feel better soon, tetra.

Sao...wait til after you take your weeks leave to move the car maybe? I certainly see your dilemma.

Bimini....I'm a control freak who can ration anything but booze. I looked at the trail mix size....23 oz. there were 17 butterfingers bites.
Oh my gosh! I just realized My life has become ridiculously pathetic! I'm counting butterfingers in trail mix! Blah!
Old 07-26-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Brynn counting butter fingers made me laugh. Maby you should count cards in Vegas and cash in on your new hobby.
I've turned into what you might call a wannabe neat freak. Maby there is some kind of cleaning competition I could enter.

I'm winding down. Home safe. My man is making some thai beef salad
Old 07-26-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just got back from the El Salvador border on the Pacific. Rented a cheap, very, very remote little bungalo for me and the lady friend this weekend. The owner lives in Mexico City so it's pretty much empty most of the time, and I rented it for the weekend for a song. Local knowledge (and sobriety!) really came in handy in securing this little gem. Here's the front yard:

Old 07-26-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Wow, Big, that looks like heaven on earth. I have decided I'm moving to somewhere in Central America when (if) I retire. Not sure where yet. I'll have to dust off my Spanish.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping my dad feels better soon. He had pneumonia which put him in hospital for a few days. He is also a cardiac patient with a very bad heart and probably has COPD. He's only 71 but it's taking it's toll. Still getting over the pneumonia.

Tetra, I hope you feel better soon. Being sick in the summer is dreadful. Maybe with enough rest it'll pass quickly.

BigS, lovely pic as ever. Nice bit of the planet.

Daughter needs a bath.

Sao, I vote for after vacation move but if you've an inkling it's not secure, I'd move it now. Trust your gut.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. ..wow, what a nice weekend with family around here.
I guess I can't really catch up with the thread, but I read the last page or so.
But bigs the front yard of you rental looks beautiful.
Ruby...I hope your dad will be ok..that's a tough one.
I loved the movie Wild also.
tetra...I hope you feel better soon and it's a shame that your dad assumed you had drank. It will take them a while to get over those assumptions.
We had a major storm here tonight. It was exciting. ..torrential rain, hail, thunder and lighting. It has passed.
Time to see what's on tv.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Good night everyone. Thank you all for being being part of this safe sober place.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Wow, Big, that looks like heaven on earth. I have decided I'm moving to somewhere in Central America when (if) I retire. Not sure where yet. I'll have to dust off my Spanish.
Sorta like heaven on earth. Of course, it's a selective shot....you don't see the dirt roads and abject poverty one has to navigate through to get to such places. But hey, I like to try to keep my pics positive though - especially here on SR! If we can capture beauty in a moment, why not focus on the positives in our lives as opposed to the negatives? Us alcoholics often dwell to heavy on the negatives. Most ex-pats find Costa Rica's Pacific region to be their best starting points. I'd certainly at least recommend a vacation to CR or Guatemala to get the feel for it! C'mon down, the water's always warm and there are two coasts if one doesn't suit you.

Ruby, glad your dad is getting better, sorry to hear about his health issues. Never fun to have a family member in a crisis, big or small. You seem to be managing well as you juggle the kids as always, as many have said to you here: you're amazing!

Exhausted. Car blew up today on the way home and I spent 4 hours waiting for mechanic and then tow-truck. I'm out $100 and the fix hasn't even been assessed yet. But....in keeping with the positive theme, it's no big deal in the big picture. I have my sobriety, my job, my health and my positive relationships in place. The rest is window dressing and can be taken care of. Can't wait to hit the hay, which I will do promptly. Ciao, gang!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

The stew was amazing. Darn I think thats my bestest ever. Thats weasel. Finds something he can do and sticks with it. LOL I know my talents. Ha Ha and I know what I can't do... DRINK!

Back to lay and watch TV.

Nighty Night!

HUGE work week for me. Need to be fully rested every day.

Geez... 10:30 and there are kids screaming and crying loudly. On a sunday? ugghhh...

Really cool pic and place BigS!!!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

BigS, I'm a big believer in finding beauty wherever you look. Even if there's just a sliver of a scene, you can show what's impressive about it. I don't mean impressive as big, but what makes you think or appreciate what you see.

Time for bed for me. Bad drive to work as I'm being sent to another site next week to cover for a co worker on vacation. Maybe I'll get some of those slices of beauty I mentioned. It's just not going to be fun. And I haven't been there in a few years so I hope I don't get lost.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:11 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Bump!

Good morning! Have a great week all!

B
Old 07-27-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning!! Hope everyone that started with us has arrived safely at Monday morning hangover free! If you did not get back at it today.

See you all Thursday!
Old 07-27-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everyone!