Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 24!

Old 07-25-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. A decent night's sleep and I'm fine this morning. No hangover or regret.

I thought about things yesterday and have concluded that drinking isn't worth it. Niggling thoughts are just that. I drank evey single night without fail for years. Years! I just have to be patient with the process.

Brain, I started watching Supernatural when it first started but only a few episodes. I recently discovered my 14 year old niece enamored of it, along with her crew of friends. Teen girl crush as my brother phrased it.

MLD, having a stock portfolio sounds very interesting. I don't know the first thing about them either. One thing I regret. Have fun. It was lovely of your grandma to leave it to you.

Bernie, those mornings on the misty lake, quiet before it gets busy, cup of coffee and your thoughts, are awesome. Thanks.

Della, I'm curious about the Mennonite super store too. There was a Mennonite shop downtown here but I think it's closed. They sold all sorts of pickles and jams.

Saoutchik, I agree with your "just do it and be done with it" frustrations. Planning for the planning stages?

Time to get ready to take daughter to gymnastics. Breakfasts to be made. I'll check in later. HaF enjoy your day and Mec, hope your trip went well
Old 07-25-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

My thirteen year-old son is into Supernatural also. Must be a teen thing.

Yes, niggling thoughts do come up from time to time. But you're right, it's simply not worth it. Every so often I wish I could be a normal drinker and enjoy one or two. But years of experience have proven to me that I can't be that kind of drinker. So what's the point? One or two almost always turned into 4,5,6. Or more. No evidence in my world that it would not be like that again in an instant if I tried the moderate approach. And I've had enough trouble for one lifetime, thank you very much. I'm looking forward to a long, healthy and trouble- free rest of my life. Sobriety is the best thing I've ever done. I won't give it up for booze. Simply not worth it.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I don't keep track of days any more, but I just checked my sober app - 233 days.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

And so let the madness begin: Race Week in my town.

My mother drives me insane. I have kind of noticed that when I try to stick up for myself, she starts laughing at me. Today she was giving out about her sisters and she said to me "you do this and this". I just looked at her and told her "I am not getting involved. Sorry. Not my circus, not my monkeys". Okay, that was an unfortunate choice of words on my part that I read in one of my books, but she just starts sneering and laughing and asked me where I heard that....

Then she starts about my boyfriend and if he dumped me? I was like WTF? No actually. I'm sure we will see each other soon. I feel the urge to take a break and go off for a weekend.

Okay, rant over. I am off out for a driving lesson and for coffee and a large slice of cake.

Have a nice day peeps!
Attached Images
Old 07-25-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Mornin y'all!

There's a Mennonite community not far from me and they have the best baked goods! Also lovely handmade soaps from goats they milk themselves. Can't wait to hear about the superstore!

Nons...whatever will you do now that the everlasting tree project is finished?

The church down the street is having a rummage sale and there's an estate sale a few blocks over....looks like I'll be treasure hunting today!

Oh, GS...where do you get gourmet donuts? Have fun flying today!
Old 07-25-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Love love rummage sales!
Old 07-25-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Happy Sober Saturday, to all of my amazing SR peeps!!!

After a week with extended family building my sober muscles , it is good to get back to hanging with Mr. Dharma and kiddos.

Going to take a kayak paddle around the lake today- have to take advantage of the calm morning!

It is so amazing to wake up feeling good. Like Ruby says- no hangover, no regrets!
Old 07-25-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
... lovely handmade soaps from goats they milk themselves
And that is something you don't hear every day
Old 07-25-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Coffee Time, SoBaristas!

Not a Cloud in the Sky this Mo_nin', out here on the BigAzz Arts & Crafts-style covered Porch I designed onto this Joint. Makes sitting out in the Rain good fun. Da Pooch loves the Stamped Concrete; chilled down at night by the breeze off the ~11,000' Flattop Mountain in the Pic below. See Sunset last night below. A good 'un...

Who knows what today brings? Mebbe put up some Wahdadoodah Curtains our City House Neighbor whipped up; her Home Business.

No Bacon on the premises, but we do have Snausages. So, I might whip up one of my legendary Breakfast Burritos. To recycle a Music Pal's phrase: 'I'm a rumor in my own time'.

Been workin' on the Fridge Ice Maker. It decided to crap the Bed, so I've been watching a few YouTube Vids for Troubleshooting ideas. The challenge of Troubleshooting stuff to the Component level has lost it's charm over the Decades, so I might just order a new one, and slam it in. We'll see...

Da Wife is yappin' to one of her GFs in their 'scheduled' Saturday morning YapFests, so all are happy. Let's hear it for Unlimited Minutes Cellphone Plans.

We've got Mennonites all around us, and they build mighty sturdy Sheds. So, I got one some years ago. They're called 'Black Bumper Mennonites'. They drive only black Vehicles so as to not be ostentatious. If they can get only another color, they promptly paint it black. On even already-black Vehicles, some paint the Bumpers black. Hence, the term. Yah, wicked-good Pies; long-burning Candles; and Soaps for sale. They're allowed to marry their 1st Cousins - and some do - but to each, eh?

Someone is already blasting off Rounds at the Private Shooting Range down off our Mesa, but it's just shy of ~3 Miles away down in an Arroyo. Dirt Embankments all around it keep it perfectly safe.

Welp, time for mo Java! Gotta put that Tiger in my Tank! Those of a certain age might recall that Gasoline Ad of Decades ago; a Theme likely borrowed from this Muddy Waters Song. See Joe Bonamassa do this one justice at our famed Red Rocks Amphitheater outside Denver. No Double Entendres here. Nope...-) Turns out that the Manager of the RV Dealership where we just bought our new Trailer met Joe several times. A mutual Friend sold Joe a 1963 Fender Stratocaster for a measly $25k. They ain't makin' any more of them...

- 'Tiger In Your Tank' ~ Joe Bonamassa ~ Live -

Old 07-25-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I guess Joe was on vacation...the piano player was working.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Beautiful photo Mesa!

On porch sitting....one of my favorite pass times. I'm out on mine right now...ceiling fans on high. Another hour and it'll be too hot. Hummingbirds, woodpeckers, and chickadees galore. And just discovered a beautiful spiderweb attached from a corner post down to a caladium stem. Wasn't there yesterday....amazing!
Old 07-25-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

No Vacation time on this smoker...

- 'Spoonful' ~ Joe Bonamassa ~ Live -
Old 07-25-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Tetra, hang in there. I think "not my monkey, not my circus" is brilliant. Put some distance from your mother today and enjoy yourself driving. Visualize where you'd like to go and what you'd like to see when you're fully licensed.

I'm a rummage and estate sale fan too. Today though I'm going to my church to see what help they need on wrapping up the rummage sale we've got going on.

Trying to get the children away from the television and out the door is another story.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Cute pic, Tetra

And gorgeous sky, Mesa.

I'm just popping in for a minute. We've been busy today moving furniture around, cleaning, and selling the bike. We actually made a profit on the bike. Husband is happy. I am too. The dogs are play fighting, barking, snorting, and growling. That's always fun to watch
Old 07-25-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

A Saturday summation...

Old 07-25-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Am I from a different planet or something? shut up mesa...

Mrs LB wants a clothes hamper. Her requirement, "Beautiful". It's a language thing. When she doesn't like something it "Isn't beautiful."

After searching and searching I finally come across a beautiful clothes hamper for over 700 dollars! Yep, seven hundred, close to 8.

What I'm bitching about is my requirements. What are almost all clothes hampers only 24 inches tall? WTF? That's one set of clothes big. Am I delusional thinking a clothes hamper should be big enough to actually hold clothes?
Am I gonna have to build it myself? Need 20X20X30 would be useful. Oh, it has to fit in only one place. The 25" double hamper is too wide for the designated spot. Back to my search. I came in from working outside with a massive headache. I rarely get headaches. Took a shower and now the hamper headache...

A clothes hamper is what's bothering me. Silly eh? Like there aren't a million other things to pester my soul...

Hey, Lou Marini was in James Taylor's band...

WHOAH! Just saw the shrimp on the Barbie. There is something terribly wrong with that photo.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha! took me a minute to get the pic, Mesa! Pure corn!

Glad you're getting stuff done and making a little $$ hippo!

Good luckRuby!

And clothes hampers used to drive me nuts too Brain! Ugh! But This house has built in hampers in every bathroom! Genius!
Old 07-25-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Even with hampers, my kids still use the floor to store their dirty laundry.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Tetra - sometimes some parents (not just mums) seem unable to accept their children as grown ups. It's very strange but your mum is not the only one. I know that neither of my daughters would appreciate me commenting on their personal lives so I don't

Awesome sky Mesa. I could do with some more ice cubes but I forgot the recipe

Well done with the bike Soberpotamus

Old 07-25-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Just checking in to say hello as I might not follow the thread this weekend.

Best wishes to all!