Notices

You have the Power Sober Weekender Thread June 11....

Old 06-14-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Happy Birthday BIM!!!

Gym? naaaa.... Relaxing morning. Why should I get up and move.

birds chirping here and cool start to the day. Will be a nice day full of people watching and festival food.

This was always a drunk event for me but I can actually listen and enjoy the music this year.

Sausage and peppers and onions heaven here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Porshe 919 hybrid 1 and 2 Audi e-trinity 3,4&5 Porshe 919 hybrid 6 (and they are all owned by Volkswagen) nothing like a monopoly is there. 3 hours 20 mins to go
Old 06-14-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Feminism isn't at its strongest in the racing car fraternity. I can assure everyone that I was disgusted and appalled but I needed an energy drink so what was I to do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150614_121005.jpg (42.5 KB, 44 views)
Old 06-14-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Hell I would have taken a pic too.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday. It's a beautiful misty morning here, I'm on my porch listening to the birds and reminded of my darling 2 1/2 year old grandson's reaction to an unfamiliar or sudden sound. He stops, turns his head toward the noise and says, what's that sound? Being with him has made me more attentive to the sights and sounds of the day.

We all went out for dinner last night to celebrate DILs birthday -- June 13 seems to produce some wonderful people! As we said our good byes in the parking lot, Grandson started asking for Mr B to go to his house and read him his stories before bed. So sweet right? Mr B reading stories turns into Mr B and GS jumping on the bed, dancing and playing Bear until they are both sweaty and GS is overwrought. Mr B is still a child at heart. I find that endearing.

Have a great day! Go jump on your beds, it's cathartic!
Old 06-14-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

sao, where's the low angle stuff?
quick hello weekenders... yesterday I constructed a net over the blueberry bushes. LOTS of blueberries still green, ran to wally-world to get some foil and shiny strips for the cherry tree and for the netting to keep the birds away from net..

here is a pic of "church-hell'-ah", it is dried fruit and nuts etc on a string covered in dried fruit juice - I know there is more than just juice but couldn't convince wife.

If you pick the right ones they are tasty, if you choose wrong you get a "wtf am I eating" kind of sensation.

She bought a few for later but they never lasted till later. Oh, and the lamb fat kabobs we had - NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTEEEEEE! But the soup was good.
Attached Images
dried fruit.JPG (73.9 KB, 39 views)
Old 06-14-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Buenos dias, team. A mix of sun and dark clouds this morning, we are coming into the "winter" months down here. Means rain. The rain is either "ON" or "OFF" in these parts, and when it's ON the flowers and plants react in a beautiful way. Lush, green mountain landscapes, gardens exploding with color and life, birds chirping and plants growing everywhere. Very nice, I think.

I went for dinner with a lady friend and we stopped afterwards to get ice cream at this famous place that has crazy flavors. Enjoyed a stroll in the park and starting to re-acclimate after 2 weeks away. Glad to see everyone up and at 'em this Sunday. Still in recovery mode after my travel days, looking forward to resting today! Excited to watch baseball on the couch, nap, and get things in order for getting back to work tomorrow.

Saoutchick thanks for the LeMans updates. I just watched a documentary a few weeks ago on that big crash from many, many years ago and it included a lot of history and details on the race itself. Sounds like a very cool and unique experience that every racing fan would love to attend at some point. Congrats on doing so and enjoying it sober

LB - thanks for the pix, keep the travel stories coming!
Old 06-14-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good stuff Bernie, it's good to be enthusiastic

LB lucky dips can be fun

It has really clouded up here - quarter of an hour to go
Old 06-14-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

24 more. Onward enders!
Old 06-14-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
saoutchik

BigSomb 60 years ago that was - I have visited the plaque in previous years. I think I have seen the documentary you refer to. Pierre Leveigh took the blame for years because dead guys can't sue. Blame is the wrong word for driver error but it was probably down to Mike Hawthorn
Old 06-14-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

At the festival area. Having a coffee with Tommy. Watching as things get set up.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Good mornin'

This will wake you up!

Old 06-14-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Love love love Bruno.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Happy hangover free sunday.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone -
Another glorious Sunday morning with no hangover.
Gonna get some projects done around the house today.
Life is good -
Old 06-14-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Had a nice midnight storm last night. The old me is usually passed out and snores right through them. Not sure why but I'll always love a good thunderstorm.

Day 28 today and honestly, it doesn't feel as special as the first couple weeks. I've adjusted to my new reality and feel secure and comfortable in my skin. Sober days are becoming more normal now. I find myself thinking and worrying about alcohol less and less. I'm definitely not ready for a big test or anything (like a big backyard bbq party with all my friends or a wedding reception) but the regular day to day home life has definitely become normal without drinking.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

okay, one more before she yells at me again to get to work- up at 4 again this morning,
I still haven't reviewed the photos I took.
This is a photo of my knees. The one on the right can barely get me down steps at the moment because I think mr massage injured it trying to pry out my kneecap.
This is from Ai-Petri looking toward Yalta. See the shadow from the suspension walk bridge on the rock face. It's way high up - or way down if you fall. Photos don't do it justice of how amazing a feat it was to construct this little bridge. We took the cable car back down. Nothing special except it is the longest un-suspended leg of cable in Europe and is at a 45 deg. angle. As soon as the dust settles and it's 'safe' we are definitely going back to Crimea. This time by ourselves so we can actually enjoy the trip. Saw a lot but not nearly enough. Definitely put it on your places to visit list. Absolutely amazing place.

Ai-Petri in Crimea, Ukraine | 360° Aerial Panorama, 3D Virtual Tours Around the World, Photos of the Most Interesting Places on the Earth
Attached Images
ai-petri.1.JPG (57.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 06-14-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I would love to go there. My grandma came from the Ukraine.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Too funny. Evil villain parrot

Old 06-14-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Good morning! Rainy warm day here. Just returned from an 8 a.m. meeting and I'm glad I went. It's good to be reminded sometimes.

Bernie, it's fun watching babies discover the world around them. We can recapture that sense of discovery in reconnecting with the world while sober.

I read an article about that crash at LeMans just the other day. What an awful thing.

June is big for birthdays. It's Flag Day in the US but also a friend's bday and Paul McCartney's bday as the host of the Sunday weekly "breakfast with the Beatles" show pointed out. Happy birthday everyone!