Notices

You have the Power Sober Weekender Thread June 11....

Old 06-14-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Good sober morning.
Blessings <3
Old 06-14-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Misterchill, you sound good. I like what you wrote. I was listening at my meeting and one common thread emerged. Routine. A good routine is a very good thing for us. Get the routine down of being sober at home. Then expand horizons, with support. I'm not ready for a lit of stuff yet either.

For all you paper towel fanatics, just like Della swears by Gain, Viva paper towels does it for me. The plain white ones. Not the ones with print on them. Soft and strong. I use them as tissues, napkins, to wipe up. I keep a roll in my car. Just awesome.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Heard this on Breakfast with the Beatles. Paul McCartney and Lulu. Caught my fancy.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Second sausage sandwich down! Hot dog is next up!!!

Music starts in a few!
Old 06-14-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everybody has had a nice/ok weekend

Thank you as always Weasel
Old 06-14-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good Sunday morning y'all!

I'm sitting on the patio having breakfast...blueberries, strawberries and granola and strong coffee! Super muggy today on the verge of raining.

The pool party last night was fun! There were a few brief rain showers while the sun was shining (love that) but it didn't spoil anything. No drinking for me! And I didn't partake of any other substance either, even though it was abundant! I've come to the conclusion that most of our friends have too much money for their own good.

Ruby....Viva PT are great, but I like Bounty! I buy them in the biggest pack available! I'm like a Great Depression survivor hoarding them!!
Old 06-14-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ken...sounds like fun! What kind of music?
Old 06-14-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Bruno Mars paper towels!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bruno paper towels.jpg (85.0 KB, 35 views)
Old 06-14-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Although sometimes boringly predictable, a pretty rigid routine has been a huge help in these early months. I'll expand the horizons as it feels right.

Sounds like a nice day there Weasel. The humidity here is oppressive but expected. Hence it is pool time for me. Gotta keep the tan going.

Speaking of pool time, great going brynn, I was happy to see your report on that.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Art....that's the second reference to Bruno this morning.....what does this mean???

Mark...that kinda freaked me out ( your name change ) ha! I saw the duck but the name was wrong! . I generally do spray tans these days....at 37 I'm paranoid about wrinkles!!
Old 06-14-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

So my neighbor uses lipton onion soup mix and an egg mixed in with ground beef for burgers. I made the burgers yesterday using that recipe. I froze some too. So I just made a couple. Slow cooked in a pan with sliced baby bella mushrooms cooked on top, then a nice portion of smoked gouda. Toast bread and layer with banana pepper rings. Place patty on top and a vlasic dill on the side. Lunch was served.
If you're not into that, and with all the sausage talk... Grab a roll of Bruno paper towels and cooked up one of these... worth the ten minutes to watch it all. We has gots to adopt this as the weekender official sandwich. A pitcher of lemonade would go nicely with it.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

- Old Port Music Festival ~ Music -

In other News, sounds as if our 3 hour Open House yesterday went extremely well. 3 or 4 pending Offers, and more Showings scheduled for today. Our Realtor - a super-nice Dude I met at the Dog Park - sez some Folks brought their Realtor/Interior Designer to get ideas on how to redo our solid, clean, super-Insulated Time Warp Of A House that is a Flashback to 1987.

In a development I found much funnier than my Wife, this absolute 'Jersey Housewife' of a Beech a few Houses up barged in yesterday and asked - in her bellowing Voice - how our House Inspection came out. In front of other prospective Buyers. You look up 'Beech' in the Dictionary, and there's a Woodcut Image of this Gal's Face. I worked with her Husband eons ago, and he's as mellow as they come. He's reportedly fallen off the Wagon, and I can't blame him. I'd suck on my .357 if I were married to her.

DumbAzz me gave them first shot ~2 weeks to buy our Joint for her Daughter, since she's wanting to move back by Mom. I mentioned to her the unusual move of having the Joint inspected pre-Sale - on my Nickle - so that the Buyer would have no surprises. So, her Beech Drama of yesterday was all faked interest in our House. She's still P.O.ed that a nice Neighbor Gal asked Da Wife to join her on a last minute Cruise to Honduras, instead of asking this Beech Extraordinaire.

Water off this Duck's Back, thanks to livin' now in Sober_ville.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

I still tan full tilt lolol. Now I want a burger or sausage
Old 06-14-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Just looking at that Sandwich makes me feel bloated!

We've got a few Beech extraordinaires in my neighborhood.....gotta admit, it was much easier to tolerate their drama while drunk.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey Brynn.... MM has a link to today's Line up. Lots of people everywhere.

Hot dog sucked. I stop at a stand that all these signs about grillin... Two big grills going. Everything glistening In their juices.... She turns around and hands me a cold boiled hot dog. I said this isn't even cooked. She yeah we boiled it. I said with all these grills going you boiled it? She gave me a dumb stare. I promptly threw it away after a bite. If I am investing calories in it it damn well better be what I want. *sigh* weasel goes wienerless.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

itz stinkin hot here. I completed the - to the best of my desirability - blueberry net bird eradication and discouragement dealio.
Net made into 'cage' and added various aluminum foil and other shiny things to keep birds from wanting to land near it. Just on the three top plants I see a quart plus of berries. And they're all mine this year.
Neighbor removed a shade tree and I trimmed up another tree - SUN on my blueberry bushes!
Attached Images
bluberinet.JPG (72.7 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-14-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

I am Weinerless too at the moment Ken
Old 06-14-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

I also attempted to bird proof the cherry tree. Time will tell. Lunch beak over. Back out in the heat. Got me plenty of water and vitamin sugar free drinks to get me through the afternoon.
Attached Images
cherrytreefoiled.JPG (70.1 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-14-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I am Weinerless too at the moment Ken
A case of wiener envy?
Old 06-14-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Let's hope the hotdog is the roughest part of the day Weasel.
I'm in the theater waiting for Jerrasic Park in 3D. Hope it's good. After going to replace my lazy boys with a futon.