Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 2

Old 08-17-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Welcome. I just joined today as well. Good job on 26 days.

Originally Posted by DoubleFelix View Post
Hi all! I'm on day 26 - quit in July but didn't know about these threads then, so I hope it's cool if I join the August group? Hope everyone's doing well!
Old 08-17-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Day 1 done. I ate something and took a nap when I got home from work. About to meditate and early night. Thank you to those who took the time to comment on my bleak posts. It helped enormously and instead of beating myself up I dived into as many of the threads here as I could. Someday I hope to be the one passing on the support I so desperately need at this time. For now I am planning to get through day 2.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

This is my day 13. Haven't gone without an evening/afternoon drink for 2 weeks in... forever? Don't remember the last time wine wasn't part of my daily diet. Today is winding down at 3:15 already and I am struggling to stay on track. Spent most of the day working on some final touches for DS's bday party next weekend. Amazing what gets done when I don't have a drink in my hand.

Question is... what now? I'm bored... and that's not a good thing. I should probably take a walk to get my steps in for the fitt challenge I am doing today... meh, blah, and all that. I have to wait until next weekend to really start setting things up for the party... so now I am rambling...
Old 08-17-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hellurrrr everyone! Day 8 today. Glad to see Everyone supporting each other. woke up early today and actually went to a meeting with my sister (she has 3 years). It was nice to be out n about early. I've always liked going to some meetings to get out n around people like me.. I'm still AVRT to the core though. hahaa. Getting a hurrcut in an hour to get ready for the week and hopefully some job interviews. Then fam is bbqing I got my diet dr pepper ready. Night cap with the Kardashians Haha. Have a great day/night!
Old 08-17-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hang in there 080514! Two weeks is GREAT!!!! Go get ice cream!
Old 08-17-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Alright, got some painting done in DS's playroom. One wall at a time lol. I can't eat ice cream, unfortunately And we live in the boonies, so it'd have to be a grocery store trip - not that I wouldn't do that anyway Either way, Just ate dinner, had some ice water, and going to go finish up in the boy's room... hopefully get a walk in after that if DH isn't too into the football game. Have a good sober evening/morning/day (wherever you are ) everyone!

Oh - also, I was letting DH in on my feelings earlier and told him that the bottle of red in the wine rack was calling my name, and he helped me through it... um, and then we went and shot at the bottle with the bebe gun! haha! So, that's no longer a temptation, although once I got a shot into it and it started spouting wine, I told him I was going to pull a Homer and stick my mouth underneath the bottle I didn't, though.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

So I've realised that I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I've been reading everything you guys have written and felt everything you are going through with you. I really hope everyone is either staying strong or getting back on board. A special shout out to malenam - I really feel for you my friend; I hope this can be your first step and I think that especially someone who is a fighter like you can do this.

I feel I should write to check in - on myself as much as anything. I'm at day 29 now and this weekend survived going to a brewery haha.. wasn't planned, just ended up going with some friends, but still didn't drink. Was tempting, one of those situations that your AV tried to convince you it will just be a pleasant experience, and you obviously won't go too far - but I'm very glad I resisted. Weirdly I've been having dreams where I forget I'm sober and drink by accident, but immediately realise and stop.. not a clue what that's about, but not too much of an issue.

One thing though is that more people are coming to know now that I don't drink, which is okay, but interesting how different people react. A lot of people try and convince me to drink because "you can just moderate" haha - how wrong they are. Anyway, I have a team outing coming up: I work with 20 guys, all in their 20s, all drink. That'll be a test. But I'm starting to think I'm ready for these things.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Choobie NewLeaf Malenam DoubleFelix and Cristina

Congrats Carter, Grateful, Sonrisa, 080514, Cute.... and anyone whose milestones I missed

hey Chick and Sage - glad you guys made it back - do you have a plan to do something different this time?
Old 08-17-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hey Team August

Bit of a mixed day today. I have been so lonely today, so glad SR is here to read and post.

I have basically destroyed all friendships, my relationship and my family are 150 miles away....all through drinking. It's like I knew these people were disappearing one by one yet the booze was my number one priority and all consuming. I didn't give a bleep about any of them vs the bottle.

BUT : I will not end a successful weekend on a gloomy note. SR and my two AA meetings have kept me positive today. I have chatted to people who understand. I can see a solution. I have to work my ass off for this but maybe, just maybe I can get the tools to fix some of the above in the future.

Day 15 down!

#TeamAugust
Old 08-17-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by malenam View Post
I have been binge drinking for 15 years and since the terrible breakup with my fiance in May things got out of control. I tried to ease my pain with alcohol. Two nights ago they had to carry me to the car of a friend and everyone saw me really wasted. I am so ashamed and I think this was my rock bottom. My fiance whom I loved so much left me because of my binge drinking. I have no idea how to forgive myself and how to move on. The pain is excruciating.

I have a beautiful family, good life, nice job and few really good friends. And every bad thing that I did in life was under the influence. I am very honest, warm and loyal person and my drunk alter ego destroyed the relationship that meant a world to me. I can not look myself in the mirror and I feel terrible guilt.
Hey and welcome. I could have written that post myself and I feel your pain. You are making the best decision to stop. Nothing can be fixed if you don't fix yourself first. You can make a change and you can do this. The change starts with you.

Stay with us in teamaugust and keep posting.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Day 7 of being opiate free. .. then a guy I know swung by and repaid me the 3 pills I loaned him a few weeks ago. I haven't taken any of them... I don't plan to take any. .. but I Want to take 1... It was a long busy weekend and I hurt. .. I know I could get my house back in order so much easier if I took 1 pill. But then why would I stop at that 1? I would have 2 more. .. then it would be just 3 pills. ... then what? I need to keep thinking of the ultimate goal. .. it's not just 1 pill. .. It will never again just be one pill and I need to recognize that. I read a quote on a different forum that stood out to me. ...

We are all pickles. . We can never be cucumbers again.

I have to remember that I will never be able to go back to just 1... it's never just 1. I am a pickle. .. no matter how much I want to believe I am a cucumber I will always be a pickle.

Sorry to just drop in the middle of your group....
Old 08-17-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're very welcome purechaos. We're not just alcoholics here

I would get rid of those pills, no if ands or buts...the more you think about it the harder it will be to toss them.

D
Old 08-17-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Dee
Thanks. You are always around. Do you ever find time to sleep? Lol every time I log on to read or post you are around. Which is awesome because you have a lot to offer. .

So I gave in and took two pills. ..

Two extra strength Tylenol and I told my mind and body that was the best it was going to get today. I keep thinking about the early stages of withdrawal and I do not..I repeat..DO NOT... want to have any setbacks as far as the physical symptoms of wd'ing from narcotics. No thank you.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by purechaos View Post
Dee
Thanks. You are always around. Do you ever find time to sleep? Lol every time I log on to read or post you are around. Which is awesome because you have a lot to offer. .

So I gave in and took two pills. ..

Two extra strength Tylenol and I told my mind and body that was the best it was going to get today. I keep thinking about the early stages of withdrawal and I do not..I repeat..DO NOT... want to have any setbacks as far as the physical symptoms of wd'ing from narcotics. No thank you.
You scared me! And I don't even know you But, I am so glad that you abstained, hopefully you can get rid of the pills so that they aren't there in a weak moment. I had to get rid of my wine today because I've been having too many struggles with it being in the house. Part of me is ... annoyed... that it's gone, but the other part of me is glad to be rid of the temptation.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

Thank you for your support. I am so grateful I found this group. Today was good, tomorrow I am meeting friends and when I talked to one of them today she said - we'll get some beers. I have to tell them tomorrow I am
now living sober life. I can already hear them saying - it just beer, but I will be strong and say no. In two days I am going on a vacation to the seaside for the
first time in 15 years without alcohol. This will be a real test for me.

Wish you all a great upcoming week. Stay strong.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL PC - I won't be here for the rest of the day actually, but thankfully everyone else will

glad you resisted

D
Old 08-17-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

You can do it, malenam! This might sound silly, but I practiced saying what drink I would order last night in the mirror, made sure I had 3 options to rattle off if something wasn't available, and practiced out loud what I would say to anyone that asks why I'm not drinking~including a private answer to my AV when she starts whispering lies in my ear. Sounds silly, but it really helped me!
Old 08-17-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I don't know if it's the addict in me that wants to keep the pills or the chronic pain sufferer. I have known so much pain that I know a great deal how much great pain relief can be worth.

Anyways I will not take them today. . Hopefully tomorrow I will have the will power to get rid of them. .. today it took all I had to just say no.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

ok SR friends. im about to bomb day 12. another fight w husband. left the house. found myself on the way to the store for beer or wine. im sitting in my car pulled off in a park and am crying instead. are we fighting cuz im not drunk enough to blow him off? pr are we fighting cuz im sober enough to not blow him off. married a little over a year. wished we never got married. i miss my first husband so much. he was my true soulmate. i want to be numb and not feel any of this. help someone.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Oh penkins. The first year of marriage is so hard. Drinking won't help. Please stay strong and keep messaging here. I'm so sorry you're in a rough place.