Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 2

Old 08-20-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Good luck with everything Dee!

Had a good day on whole, stomachs playing up but was expecting that, spending time at my sisters with her and my mum whos over here til Friday.

Watched a film that had references to alcoholism in it tonight 'Non Stop' with Liam Neeson, cringed when he poured whiskey in his coffee.

Havent been to an AA meeting since Monday and my sponsor is away for a week so I need this site more than ever, Im getting there, day by day.

Welcome Ph7 can relate a lot, Im 33 and have drank since 15 using it rather than drinking it.

Past midnight here so off to bed now, keep going everyone, haven't had chance to catch up properly today but youre all in my hearts fighting the same fight, all of us knowing how hard this is.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Ok august warriors, end of day 3 for me and checking in for a day 4 commitment. Loved all the posts and welcome ph7. I remembered a quote I have used that is so true for a binge drinker like me - "first you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you" how true that is... Stay strong for another 24 team, we got this! Remember why we signed up here if that AV comes to whisper in your ear.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Evening, Team! I had a good day with the little ones. Busy! Sure they got grumpy at times and didn't nap but we made it through and they're asleep now. Time for some sparkling pomegranate juice and a hot bubble bath. It's felt a bit cooler lately here at times which is crazy for August. I feel like pumpkin spice coffee and toasty teas are just around the corner! I hope everyone has a great evening!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (23.2 KB, 77 views)
Old 08-20-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Hi all august people!

I haven an intro post I made in feb and updated last week (not to mention posts many years ago), nut I'd like to join your club

Day 4 here, down from 20-30/day and anxiety meds to keep the daily withdrawals at bay. (This isn't an 'eye opener', it's medicine! Ha AV)

But I want it to stick and am looking forward to getting to know many of you.

Rob
Old 08-20-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard rob!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

End of day 4 for me. Very tired again n having sugar cravings! Went to the gym before work @ 5am today. I'm very bloated and feel uncomfortable. Guess all that Ice cream last couple weeks when I first got here and tried to stop drinking was a mistake, many calories! My main focus (besides sobriety) is getting in shape and healthy.

I'm making myself have warm lemon water first thing in the morning. It is supposed to help the body become more alkaline and also help with detoxing the body.

Welcome all the new guys n gals!
@ JustMe- I'm jealous, I love horses and still want to own land do I can have some! Plus every other kind of animal! Huge animal lover.

No alcohol cravings yet this time around. I think the social aspect will be the hardest for me. Yet I mostly drank at home... Guess most of us did.

I'm rambling.. Happy Wednesday! Xo
Old 08-20-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Sage I hear you on the ice cream! I managed to get on the treadmill yesterday and today. Feels better to at least do something active right?! Even if it's sweaty and slow at the start

ChickChick I wanted to say hi!

I wondered also if anewpage had been around from earlier.

Alright, book reading then bed. Waking up to a new day. Sober.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Cute...got any gummies? Routing for you! Miss chatting!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Welcome Rob and ph7.

Ending this day 2. Feeling good and will finish off the day sober. Have a sober Friday already planned to keep AV at bay that day, and a sober weekend in the works.

Hope Team August is staying strong and that you post if needed. I'll be back in the morning to commit to another day!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Glad I found this area of SR. I try to look at the positives of not drinking as looking at the negative side effects are depressing. The first week was difficult mentally, having to look at how much booze was a part of my life, and wondering how on earth was I going to function and have any fun without drinking. I have two weeks under my belt now and am looking at how much more fun life can be without the monkey on my back.

My wife left today to go to our ranch and took one kid with her. Normally this was a time of excitement because I would drink beer all day and into the night. This time I decided she is out of town so I can play tennis all day and go golfing tomorrow. More importantly, I want to go play tennis and golf, because it is FUN. Tennis is a lot more fun when you are not buzzed or hammered. Golf is only a three hour commitment if you don't drink, because then you don't have to worry about driving home and spending the rest of the day drinking beer, and then waking up with a bad stomach, headache, and the ANXIETY of knowing you need to stop drinking!!!
I am new, but so far the second week was a hell of a lot easier than the first. I hope this continue to get better!
Good luck to all!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Goodnight friends.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and welcome ph7 and Rob!

I love that quote determined! It's very true.

At the end of day 2 for me as well and winding down for the night.

I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Thanks for all of the positive outlooks and words of wisdom.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Minion!! I was looking for you not too long ago Glad you're still doing well! I got plenty of gummies. Haribo, Lifesaver, and SourPatch lol
Old 08-20-2014, 11:56 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

Checking in for day 4. Off to work - have a good day all..
Old 08-21-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Good sober morning! Hera I get you on the looking forward to all day drinking, and the crippling anxiety the greets you. And then the AV saying the only way to get through it is a few beers before lunch, and on and on...

Good quote I read for today " most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine"

Keep the head high and smile on today team, starting day four strong with anxiety lifting a bit.

You know what I realized last night? That I spent last weekend drinking starting on Thursday night, and then Monday was terrible hangover and low productivity at work, Tuesday and Wednesday spent most of my thoughts worrying about drinking, now it is Thursday and I realize I gave a darn week of my life for alcohol. And what did it give me in return? Man, I absolutely hate it!

Do you know how much of our lives we can get back if we just beat this AV to the ground team? Check in and keep pushing on team, it is worth the fight!
Old 08-21-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Good Morning Day 5!
Yesterday was kind of tough for me though because I was just full of irritation and anger all day and normally I would've held that in and started drinking then let it out in blackout mode. I can't wait to get to my counseling appointment. Hope I don't screw up before then. It doesn't help my husband keeps drinking. I might have to get on here later and vent if nobody minds, lol.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissDee View Post
Good Morning Day 5!
Yesterday was kind of tough for me though because I was just full of irritation and anger all day and normally I would've held that in and started drinking then let it out in blackout mode. I can't wait to get to my counseling appointment. Hope I don't screw up before then. It doesn't help my husband keeps drinking. I might have to get on here later and vent if nobody minds, lol.
vent away Miss Dee. thats why we are here.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I am from the UK and I just joined an hour ago. I am thoroughly depressed today.

I have been battling with my drink addiction for nearly 13 years. I have had bouts of sober periods that lasted three days then back to binge drinking again. But most of the time I have been drinking every day.

I hate my addiction. Hate it.Last night I drank a bottle of wine, then opened another one. As I drank a glass I cried. I cried because I could see myself and I don't like the person I am. Somehow I managed to throw the rest of the wine down the drain and stumbled to bed. Someone out there is trying to save me :-(

So today I am trying 24 hours and I look forward to everyones support on here. I am feeling dowen, my stomach hurts, my head hurts. I feel so ill,. But I know that I will feel better so long as I stop drinking
Old 08-21-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

good morning!

day 16 for me. feels kinda like I'm dreaming that I'm on day 16. that its not real. the cravings are getting to be less. around 3:45 yesterday i realized i no longer had to tell my AV to shut up about enjoying a drink when i got home. 😄 it does get a bit easier folks. course the weekend is right around the corner and we have company planned for Saturday. working on a game plan for that little hick-up.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Hi everyone. I am from the UK and I just joined an hour ago. I am thoroughly depressed today.

I have been battling with my drink addiction for nearly 13 years. I have had bouts of sober periods that lasted three days then back to binge drinking again. But most of the time I have been drinking every day.

I hate my addiction. Hate it.Last night I drank a bottle of wine, then opened another one. As I drank a glass I cried. I cried because I could see myself and I don't like the person I am. Somehow I managed to throw the rest of the wine down the drain and stumbled to bed. Someone out there is trying to save me :-(

So today I am trying 24 hours and I look forward to everyones support on here. I am feeling dowen, my stomach hurts, my head hurts. I feel so ill,. But I know that I will feel better so long as I stop drinking
welcome knb. your in the right place. come here and read past post or post something new when you feel like caving. TONS of support woth TeamAugust!