View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
sthlondonab

Originally Posted by malenam View Post
I have been binge drinking for 15 years and since the terrible breakup with my fiance in May things got out of control. I tried to ease my pain with alcohol. Two nights ago they had to carry me to the car of a friend and everyone saw me really wasted. I am so ashamed and I think this was my rock bottom. My fiance whom I loved so much left me because of my binge drinking. I have no idea how to forgive myself and how to move on. The pain is excruciating.

I have a beautiful family, good life, nice job and few really good friends. And every bad thing that I did in life was under the influence. I am very honest, warm and loyal person and my drunk alter ego destroyed the relationship that meant a world to me. I can not look myself in the mirror and I feel terrible guilt.
Hey and welcome. I could have written that post myself and I feel your pain. You are making the best decision to stop. Nothing can be fixed if you don't fix yourself first. You can make a change and you can do this. The change starts with you.

Stay with us in teamaugust and keep posting.