View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
carter89

So I've realised that I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I've been reading everything you guys have written and felt everything you are going through with you. I really hope everyone is either staying strong or getting back on board. A special shout out to malenam - I really feel for you my friend; I hope this can be your first step and I think that especially someone who is a fighter like you can do this.

I feel I should write to check in - on myself as much as anything. I'm at day 29 now and this weekend survived going to a brewery haha.. wasn't planned, just ended up going with some friends, but still didn't drink. Was tempting, one of those situations that your AV tried to convince you it will just be a pleasant experience, and you obviously won't go too far - but I'm very glad I resisted. Weirdly I've been having dreams where I forget I'm sober and drink by accident, but immediately realise and stop.. not a clue what that's about, but not too much of an issue.

One thing though is that more people are coming to know now that I don't drink, which is okay, but interesting how different people react. A lot of people try and convince me to drink because "you can just moderate" haha - how wrong they are. Anyway, I have a team outing coming up: I work with 20 guys, all in their 20s, all drink. That'll be a test. But I'm starting to think I'm ready for these things.