Notices

Class of December 09

Old 01-06-2010, 07:34 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

Originally Posted by unbrokenchain View Post
I'm out. I have too many pressing issues right now to stop.
Just thought I'd share. But I'm looking at this site as a great chance to change.
Coincidentally, i'm listening to the 1st unbroken chain from philly 95(I was there!) It never fails to give me goosebumps. Sadly, our beloved Jerry died a young man because of this disease we have.

From one Jerry's kid to another, it's is my sincerest hope that you find your way to recovery safely and soon. May you find refuge from your suffering.

Keep coming back!

Unbroken chain of sorrow and pearls, unbroken chain of sky and sea.
Unbroken chain of the western wind, unbroken chain of you and me...
Old 01-06-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

liking that trend blackbirdsing! YEAH!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:09 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Trend? Twos? Oh boy, my brain is in no shape to go back to school.

I give up.

Still sober, just checking in for the night. Did the usual, got picked up, went to meeting, came home... I'm talking to my cousin (through bad connections...eek), about sober related stuff actually. He's surprisingly interested in all the tales I have to tell about my journeys into sobriety. Strange. Last year he swore he'd never change... who knows?

Take care of y'all selves, stay sober for one more day and see what happens...
TB.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Originally Posted by thirtybubba View Post
stay sober for one more day and see what happens...
TB.
I hear that! I hope all of you are doing well and staying strong. Day 23 here, in one week it'll be the big (big for me anyway lol) 30 days.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
On my path.

Hey blackbirdsing,

One of the Minnesotans checking in here. More snow! Love the stuff.

I don't really keep track of how many days sober so I checked my start date, 12/09/09. I am almost one month! It went fast. Sorry to say for the sleepyheads out there, I am still not able to sleep much, it is getting a little better. Honestly, that is harder for me than not drinking.

See you all out on the boards!

Old 01-07-2010, 06:24 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

congrats 55438 on almost a month! Day 11 drug & booze free for me. We're supposed to get a little snow down here in NC this evening. That's exciting! I totally feel you on the sleep thing. I'm getting no more than 6 hours a night so far, with frequent waking up. Oh well, it'll get better. I know this from prior experience in sobriety.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Congrats to us all... looking forward to watching the months add up together!

It has been snowing here for days 55, I'm loving it too! Level 1 now so the streets are empty... love looking out my window at the peacefulness tonight.

Spent the day w/ one of my dearest friends, walking in the snow, baking bread, even managed to (almost) recreate the most amazing soup I had this summer in Tuscany. I think they called it Peasant Bread Soup? Anyway... perfect in a blizzard

I'm still having a very hard time falling asleep too, no matter how exhausted I am; but once I do I sleep well, hoping this too shall pass.

Goodnight all.

Oh, 55! Notice I finally have a signature! (woohoo!) It's a Simon and Garfunkle tune... I'm sort of obsessed w/ anthropomorphic animal imagery in my artwork, so figured I'd carry the love to my siggy.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:43 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

sounds like everyone is staying strong and that in its self is very motivating for me

Augustwest- i too am ending day 11 today......and as far as snow.....if there is a flake in the sky everything here in nc shuts down.....just makes no sense to me....it will be a long day with staff callouts because of a few snowflakes...........ok done with the negativity

Congrats to everyone on all the milestones you are reaching. I am finding it rather easy this week and have not even really thought about "needing" a drink....... one thing i have in my favor is that i DO NOT want to face telling anyone i slipped.....so that folks will keep me heading in the right direction.....and my mom said being stubborn was a bad thing
Old 01-07-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

cingle- you're so right about NC shutting down over the least bit snow. Doesn't bother me though. I manage a small business and it's our slow season so if it snows i'm shutting the store down for the day. Doesn't look **** we're gonna get much if any though at this point. Where do you live?

Day 11 almost dunzo! A friend gave me his 1 year medallion at my home group today. How cool is that? I'm to give it back when i pick up my 1 year. They say the chips/keytags won't keep you clean, but holding his medallion and knowing that someone in the program with 4 years is pulling for me and believes in me, well, it's touching and motivating.

Feeling grateful and peaceful today. Hope i never go back out there. I'm sick and tired of life in addiction. One day at a time....
Old 01-07-2010, 07:56 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hey, December... checking in here. Still going strong on day 8. I feel very good about things this time. I feel as thought I have finally really given it over and made the decision to do what it takes to get this done.

Congratulations to all of you who are making this happen. We need each other, so let's keep going!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:50 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! You all are doing AWESOME!

Welcome augustwest!
cingle, yes, you keep being stubborn about this one. In fact, let's all be stubborn.

32 days. Cravings are almost gone. Only feel like having some around 5pm but it passes quickly. Tomorrow I'm going out to dinner with friends. I'll be the only one not drinking. It will be weird but I need to get over it because I love, love, love not having a hangover.

We can do this!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:02 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
On my path.

Hey Seeker - that late afternoon time is the most difficult for me too. Great job on the 32 days!!! Have fun tomorrow.

Laura - so good to see you here on day 8! We do need each other.

Augustwest - 'grateful and peaceful', so calm isn't it. I love the snow.

cinglenluvnit - stubborn, solid, sure - all words, you have a great spirit. On that note - unchained seems to have gone. We can always come back.

Blackbirdsing - you are an artist? I am interested, I dabble. Taking another drawing class, begins on Mon.

untox and tb - love reading your posts.

See you here tomorrow.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:14 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

Good night and sweet dreams to all.

Namaste
Old 01-08-2010, 12:03 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

bada bing!

just finished DJing a gig at a local night club...didnt enjoy myself at all. kept getting offered drinks, so when i finished my set i gapped it home...felt stink at the time but now its morning and i feel chippa im stoked

hope everyones feeling good
Old 01-08-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Originally Posted by noubledegative View Post
bada bing!

just finished DJing a gig at a local night club...didnt enjoy myself at all. kept getting offered drinks, so when i finished my set i gapped it home...felt stink at the time but now its morning and i feel chippa im stoked

hope everyones feeling good
That's awesome to hear...it's not easy to turn down free drinks - you know that saying, "the most expensive alcohol in the world...is free."

Feeling good here, did my AM workout and waiting for the gf to get home and go to the gym for the PM workout.

Rumor has it, I just might be taken out for a dinner at my favorite steak restaurant in celebration of my 30 days coming up. (She hates steak so this is a big deal dontchaknow.)
Old 01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
20/12/09

Checking back in, couldnt find the thread! Sleep doesnt work too well for me still, pretty emotional and have restlessness ALOT...its been 21 days today (Sat for us aussies)..I am going to meetings but havent found a sponsor yet, and want one. I have read about 4 chapters of the big book and thats about it...still trying to sleep..

Now I have found the thread will read back and catch up on things, hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

Sup Gang? Day 12 downrange here in cackalacky. Hope everyone is hanging in there. Met my grandsponsor at a meeting tonight. That was cool. My sponsor family gets breakfast together twice a month. I feel fortunate for that, and for the network i'm putting together.

All the best to everyone!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:40 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Still hanging in there... trying to stay on top of the hard stuff, like remembering to stay in a good state of mind--eat regular, and try to be peaceful (sleep regular would be nice but unrealistic so far).

Earlier today it occurred to me that I might not be done (just a random thought that turned squatter)--and the first speaker at the meeting tonight was telling everybody that if you're not done, go out and drink some more... Not helpful. The next one commented on that though, said she might could drink more, but all she's gained, she doesn't wanna give it up. Ugh. It's a battlefield in my mind...

I really don't wanna live like I was. But my body and my mind are playing tricks on me... and they're dang good ones too.

Take care y'all,
TB
Old 01-09-2010, 04:48 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

thirty- being honest about those "voices" that are telling you that you may not be done is a postive thing to admit. I had a couple moments yesterday where I was thinking it would be nice to have a beer since I got off work early and had not slipped in 12 days. BUT I reminded myself that it would mean that alcohol is stronger than me AND that I would end up having to go through the whole withdrawal period again. I am DEFINITELY not willing to do that.

Hang in there and stick to your guns.....you can do this
Old 01-09-2010, 07:48 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

What's up "Dirty" ThirtyBubba?

I'd say what you're going through is pretty normal. I've heard the first 90 days to 1 year is the hardest.

But my body and my mind are playing tricks on me... and they're dang good ones too.
I think you nailed it right there.
If my body could talk it'd probably say--no, scream, "you idiot, stick a fork in me I'm done I'm done I'm done!!!" But my brain's a bit of an a$$hole when it comes to doing what's right.

I'm not trying to suggest it's all mental by any means. I'm reading Under the Influence right now and wow did I have some concepts of alcohol/alcoholism backa$$wards!

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that your mind is the first and last line of defense against the drink. It's like your body is an unwilling female (no offense ladies) on the first date but the mind finds a way to talk the pants right off. During the "fun times", the body is thinking - you know - this ain't so bad!!! But the next day is one helluva walk of shame and then enters remorse, guilt, and feeling like crap...even the silver tongued brain isn't up to snuff.

Congrats on staying sober, keep it up!