Notices

Class of December 09

Old 12-08-2009, 02:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Class of December 09

Seeing as how I've kicked myself out of the class of July, I'm starting all over again in the class of December 09. Anyone else want to join me? I'm going to keep trying until I "get it right".
Old 12-08-2009, 02:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Red face

I will
Old 12-08-2009, 04:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Way to get right back on the horse, least. We know you can do it, 'cause you HAVE done it. Congratulations for coming here and planning a fresh start. We're with you all the way.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

One bit of hope I feel is that many others have shared that they too didn't "get it", even after many tries. I've been trying to stay sober for two years now. It was two years ago this month that I admitted to someone else that I was alcoholic and could not manage my own life.

I have another chance, today, to get it right. I'm going to use that new chance to remember where I come from and why I do'nt want to go back there. I'm going to take some very good advice, and turn my life over to my higher power, the God of my childhood. My alcoholism is too big for me to handle, I need His help to get thru each day sober.

I am so sick of myself today. I'm just taking it one minute at a time cause an hour is too long. My shrink called in a scrip for another (different) antianxiety med. It'll be ready soon and I'll go get it and start on it. Trying to nap but can't sleep. Was up half the night and am desperate for some sleep. I am so frustrated by my failure and so upset that I could do something so harmful to me - again. I take heart in knowing that others have had a rough ride to sobriety. I may be a dumbass, but at least I'm not alone.

(((hugs)))
Old 12-08-2009, 01:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

quit it with the dumbass talk LOL

D
Old 12-09-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Feeling a bit better on day two, but still shaky and anxious. Forcing myself to eat and drink a lot of water. Got a good sleep last night. Am determined to make it right this time. I can't keep doing this, I'm too old.

Anyone else quitting drinking or drugging this month? Come on and join the class of DEcember 09. We are stronger together.

(((hugs)))
Old 12-09-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Popping in from the Class of December '08 =) Wising you all the best in your journey to sobriety! Lean on each other, it makes a huge difference!!!!

Lots of Love, Stay Strong~
Old 12-09-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On my path.

I wanted to take an art class, but I need to join this class. Maybe I'll do them both.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome 55438! Together we are stronger. Glad you joined the class!

(((hugs)))
Old 12-09-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Okay. I've registered now and joined up. Tonight I am seven days sober and feeling good about that. The previous weekend I went a bit crazy and ended up messing up my Saturday and Sunday despite an early night and a milky drink on Friday. It hasn't been practical to go to any AA meetings this week, unfortunately. Anyway, this looks like a good place to make friends with people who may understand what I'm going through.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Another member of the class of Dec 09 here. Been sober for 3 days now. Not much time I know but I'm feeling good about it this time. I'm planning to go to my first NA meeting on Friday and maybe some more on Saturday and Sunday. If I can get past this first weekend without drinking/drugs I feel like I will have a lot more "momentum" behind me.

I don't really know much about recovery/addiction in general but one strategy I've learned to help with the anxiety and sleeplessness is to exercise as much as you can. It will help chill you out some during the day and keep your mind from racing as well as helping you sleep at night. I know it's hard to exercise when you're feeling like **** but trust me if you get out there and do it you will feel so much better after!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome Redlion and Skroomadoom! (((hugs)))

The more, the merrier - and, strength in numbers. Let's make this a sober month, start the coming new year off right - sober!

Last edited by least; 12-09-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

good show guys!

D
Old 12-09-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm in. Again. Good news - my GP agreed that it seems I have some bi-polar symptoms and is referring me to a pyschiatrist. (sp)
How come you don't want to get a referral in school, but desperately want one when you have insurance?
Old 12-09-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Least, thanks for pointing me here, I should fit in nice with 4 days sober.

This Sober tool box called SR has many tools that have helped me.

I relapsed three years ago on Christmas day after 86 days sober.

I think of the story about the little engine that could, after other engines could not complete the seemingly impossible task the little engine said I think I can, as it neared the top of the hill where things really got hard where most others gave up he kept on “I think I can - I think I can”, as he rolled over the he congratulated himself by saying “I thought I could”.

Just an inspiration of courage I guess but we too have to keep saying “I know I can - I know I can”.

I’ve seen Day 4 too many times to be shouting “I thought I could” but it does feel good to be moving forward again!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have been sober four days Ill feel better after the weekend BUT Ive been working out and started some vitamins it has helped with the anciety I feel confident but scared
Old 12-09-2009, 11:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

For me, a key to success in this is to eat properly. Especially breakfast. I'm really aware that if my diet is poor, I want to hit the bottle. That's why I've written out a menu for the week which includes plenty of fiber and fruit and vegetables. Cooking and preparing food is a relaxation and I feel energized. Setting off to work today, with no hangover! I'm sure I can get through this weekend without a problem provided I stick to the diet regime and avoid socializing in the bars.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
On my path.

Hi December Class,

Day two over here. Great day! Exercised, met a friend for lunch, talked with parents, plans tonight.

Somethingbetter - love the little engine who could - maybe we could say "today I can, today I can. Just a thought.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi 55438, yes you are exactly right, nicely put.

I had a little bump last night but fought through it, and today had some very strong feelings to drink. When it easy anyone can do it, we need a plan for when things get tough, that for me is the key and so far its working, books (Big Book and Under the influence for me right now) vitamins, eating right and not being selfish, keeping responsible promises no matter what to others like cooking dinner for the family something I hardly ever do because I am too busy drinking.

Day 5 is almost history, come on day 6, "Today I Can, Today I Can"!
Old 12-11-2009, 04:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Feeling a bit more human on day four. No cravings. Determined to make it right this time.

(((hugs))) to all