Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 8

Old 12-12-2018, 09:19 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
sry i am late. snitch like kgirl i was at AA ur sponsor is to help with ur higher power, not hers. I went to AA and wasnt a god person, i held my own higher power which ur sponsor should understand and recognize. it is also down to u if u stay. xx

sry me i am at a bad place with alochol just now thought work would work, but in past i have been here before. dee has heard this before. will sort it out.

hope ur all ok, daisy, blue, kgirl, strawberry and our guy viper. xx
Thanks Erratic for your reply . I do have my own HP and you made a good point... I think I will have a chat about this with my sponsor .

What's going on with the drink sweetie? How can we help you to get some sober time? We all care for you here and I hate seeing one of us struggling. I know full from my own experience that until I was ready to do something no one else could do anything but as one alcoholic to another, as hard as living sober can be it is 1000000 x better than living as an active alcoholic. Please dig deep and fight this with every bit of strength you possess. Work can wait. Everything else can wait. Getting sober needs to be top of your priorities above all us.

Wrapping you in strength love and hugs x x
Old 12-12-2018, 09:26 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post

Snitch I hear ya on the struggles. My higher power, if you will, is some force I feel that is just carrying me right now. I look to it to know what’s right and it tells me. I look to it to help me through a crisis and it comes to my aid in very powerful ways. It gives me presents for staying sober. I really don’t know what the hell it is. It’s powerful though. I think on my own, but when you’re in a dilemma, sometimes all you can do is put the energy out to the universe for an answer, or to provide help. The more in touch with yourself you are, the better it works. It sounds like hippy dippy crap, but it’s absolutely real. I don’t believe in God or a lot of other things, but this just is. I’m not the only one to think this way. My last therapist and my life coach are big into this kind of thing, and I was too before I met them. They told me how to channel it. That’s the best I can give.

Also screw going to a bar. I don’t even have 6 months. I’m lucky in a way that I’m the lone wolf viper, because Viper comes first. If ‘you’ don’t like it, don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Not you ladies, but people.

whooooaaaa. Vipe, I am literally blown away by your response. I was reading and just nodding like yep yep yep. You talk so much sense, seriously I LOVE this post! You have come such a long way I am so bloody proud of you and I want to just give you a big massive hug right now. You have no idea how much you have just helped me. And you really don't care what people think, if your recovery bothers then then that is their problem! I will learn from that today.

🤩🤩
Old 12-12-2018, 10:12 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
sry i am late. snitch like kgirl i was at AA ur sponsor is to help with ur higher power, not hers. I went to AA and wasnt a god person, i held my own higher power which ur sponsor should understand and recognize. it is also down to u if u stay. xx

sry me i am at a bad place with alochol just now thought work would work, but in past i have been here before. dee has heard this before. will sort it out.

hope ur all ok, daisy, blue, kgirl, strawberry and our guy viper. xx
I think it s really easy to work and then think gee I deserve a reward, or gee I'm stressed or gee, I need to sleep....

Alcohols anything but a reward tho Erratic.

Cut this off at the pass before it becomes too bad again.

You deserve a drink free life

D
Old 12-13-2018, 03:04 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all x

Thanks dee for your reply and everyone else, yup nip it in the bud thanks for u all caring and not getting sick of all my tries all the time.

well i have work this afo and evening which when i come back from being away we do have a new start going to be doing half of the hrs. So thats bit more of a breather for me. so it should be thursday and friday morn shift, sat afternoon and evening shift and sun morn shift. I was at my GP as they wanted to do a med review so we had a talk and she said if i find work to difficult they will sign me off anytime again. They want to see me next month to make sure my moods and drinking has settled and also i have to get bloods done next week. Usual works and also check to make sure the cyst i have hasnt changed and also to check my iron levels as my periods have totally changed for the past 6 months and more and i am having more periods in a month. I phoned the hospital to see about my appointment i am waiting for them and was told oh no i have another 8 wks to 10 to go! what last time i phoned it was that and that was why i phoned in dec about the appointment so i said so i am having to wait for 8 months to be seen? oh and the usual was oh the person i spoke to would never of said that grrrr nvm

good to hear your good news viper and hey u will have to tell us about this trip? good to hear also snitch that u have thought about things more. daisy thanks for ur help also x hope u and family is ok? i see ur photos of ur gson x kgirl hope u keep on keeping well xx and here thinking of you strawberry and bluesy. xx

better say bye for now and get ready for work. x
Old 12-13-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Morning Aprils
Hope you're all okay.It's a freezing cold day here, bright and sunny now but bitterly cold and windy with it. I'm just home from doing the school run and the mum run and I'm having a quick coffee whilst I post then I'm going to do some housework. I'm a bit in panic mode now,, I've realised how close Christmas is and how much I need to do, gulp! I could do with an extra couple of weeks. Never mind, I'm sure it will all be fine on the day, says she hopefully.

Thank goodness you've posted Viper, we were beginning to make plans to send a search party out. Glad you're okay and I'm glad your benefits got sorted, good for you. Have you much to do/get now for your adventure? Thanks for bequeathing me Bag End, forever the bag lady me. x

Morning Suze, I'm so happy that you're still her and also happy that you seem to have resolved your concerns. I'm glad that you're sticking with A.A and with your sponsor, both have been good for you even if at times you've been put in doubt. It's great that you can post on S.R and share your thoughts with people who understand, it's good to get the feedback and the support. xx

Hi Erratic, I agree with all Suze has said to you above, and Dee too of course. We really do care about you and there's nothing more we would like than to see you sober. It doesn't matter to us how many times you've tried and failed, goodness knows my attempts to stay sober are probably double yours. All I know is that my life is a million times better sober, just the not feeling guilty bit is worth it's weight in gold apart from anything else. You are so worth a sober life. It's good however that you are seeing your doctor and they are keeping an eye on you, it's a pain though that you have to wait so long for an appointment, ridiculous even.

Right, I'd better go and get something done. All my love and gratitude to each of you, I wouldn't have made it this far without you.

Thought for the day..... " Just breathe. You are strong enough to handle your challenges, wise enough to find solutions to your problems, and capable enough to do whatever needs to be done."
Old 12-13-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Afternoon all. Oh my it is sooooo cold today!

I went to see my daughter her school nativity yesterday. She played a star dancer lol. It was held in a beautiful church near me. I had never been inside the church before but I now really want to visit again. It was wonderful. My dad came down to watch her too and afterwards the 3 of us went for a meal and then bought cakes and went back to mine and watched christmas vacation. It was the perfect christmas afternoon that I always dream about but which never happened as I always ruined these sort of things by drinking too much. I believed I needed alcohol to make christmas magical. Yesterday I was shown that alcohol makes it anything but. It is the people you love, the twinkling lights, the delicious food, the giving of gifts, helping others and seeing what you can bring to the festivities rather than what you can get out of them yourself. I went to my AA meeting this morning and then for lunch with a fellow AA'er. We went for a Chinese meal. I haven't eaten chinese at lunch time for a long time. Washed down with diet coke. We had a lovely time and now I am home and have got into bed and am going to watch a film.

Sobriety really is a gift and alcohol just brings me misery, despair and heartache. It is a total illusion and I now see right through it. !

I hope you are all good and keeping either warm (or cold) wherever you all are now x x x
Old 12-13-2018, 04:06 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Hi again, just a quick bed time check in. Hope you've all had a good Thursday.

Freezing isn't it Suze, it's forecast possible snow tomorrow and Saturday here in the North West. I hope it doesn't, I only like snow on Christmas cards.
Your day sounds just wonderful, I love school nativities and you've proved to yourself that you don't need alcohol to enjoy yourself, honestly can you believe the lies we told ourselves and the time we've wasted. It grieves me a lot when I think about the time I've lost, but no point dwelling on what I can't change, I just have to keep looking forward.
I'm really glad you went to your A.A meeting and a Chinese for lunch sounds lovely, I love Chinese food. Anyway, I hope you also had a good evening and I hope you sleep well.

I'm going to bed now so nite nite all. xxx
Old 12-13-2018, 07:09 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that, Dee. It was very helpful!

Sounds like a really nice afternoon and BTW I am so proud of you for the whole pub deal. It took a lot of courage to analyze it and decide maybe pubs are not ok right now. Wow...you really flexed your sober muscles. You could have just as easily turned against your sponsor and dug your heels in on it. But you didn't. So, so proud and you taught me something, too. Thank you for sharing.

Good to hear from you again Vipe. You sound so good. Can't wait to hear about your adventure

Hi Daisy and Erratic. Hope everything is well with you.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:08 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Morning all.

I had a late night last night but still woke at 7am damn that internal clock lol. However I am lying in bed thinking thank God I am not hungover and feeling sick and guilty and shameful and suicidal. I don't think I will ever tire of waking up sober.

Thanks Daisy and Kgirl. It was nice to go and have lunch and a good chat and then just come home. I mean, that is what normal people do isnt it?! If I were drinking it would have been drinks before, during and after lunch and I would have rolled in drunk hours later. And to be honest I thought that WAS normal . insane!

Daisy, I see you are doing the old Elf on the Shelf hahaha. Your little grandsons face in the photos. Priceless, bless him! Seren hasn't ever got into that. My home is so chaotic at the moment I would probably either lose the Elf or forget where I'd put him and then there would be tears.....etc etc. But it's fun to look at others shenanigans! What are your christmas day plans? Is your grandson with you? Sorry if you have said already and I missed it.

Kgirl, I am definitely pausing more when agitated and also open to other people's suggestions now. I don't feel I have to be right anymore. Or get the last word in. Maybe, just maybe, someone else knows a bit more than me? Or someone else has a better idea than me? Lol. I was driving home the other week from work and I was on the motorway (freeway) and the traffic was at a standstill. I was bored. So I started looking at my phone. I told myself it was ok to do this as we were static (of course it wasn't). Then as we started moving along a bit I was still looking at my phone. A car went beside me and the passenger shouted out the window "get off your phone"!!! The old me would have screamed back. I would have shouted f@%k off. Mind your own business etc etc. I would have held a resentment all day but tbe bottom line is all of that would have been a cover for what I was really feeling. Which would be shame. I DID feel embarrassed to be shouted at but I thought, he is right. Of course I should not be looking at my phone. I could bloody kill someone. I put it down and took a few deep breaths and vowed never to look at my phone whilst driving again. That is NOT how I would have reacted before.

It says in the Big Book that us alcoholics must be free from resentments because they will kill us. I personally identify with that because I always drank on what someone said to me that I didn't like or what someone did to me that I didn't like. I don't need to do that today and I can remove that resentment by looking st my part or if I genuinley didn't do anything wrong by praying for the other person.

Haha sorry if that was a bit heavy!

what is everyone up to today? X x
Old 12-14-2018, 06:33 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all
I hope you're all happy, well and sober and warm, because it's absolutely freezing here, no snow, but my goodness it's a cold one. I had to scrape the ice off my car this morning even though I had the engine running and the blowers going at full belt. Have I told you I don't like winter?

Great to check in and see you posting Kelley, please continue doing it. I hope you're okay and I hope work is being kind to you. Enjoy your weekend. x

Morning Suze, I have one of those dratted body clocks too lol, I never get a sleep in. It truly is wonderful waking up sober and guilt free, it's the best feeling in the world.
Yes, I'm doing the 'elf on a shelf' though I think it will be the last year. I'm not totally convinced my g.son believes, he's a good little actor. Still it's good to keep the magic going as long as possible. As yet I don't know if my g.son will be with me or not on Christmas day, I'm hoping he is but it all depends on my son. My son won't come to my house as he doesn't like me ( his words) but I'm hoping my g.son will be staying with him Christmas Eve and then I can pick him up late morning. He went to his daddy's last night after school for a couple of hours and I picked him up about 7.15. There isn't a single Christmas decoration up in his house, not a tree, a sparkly light, nothing, it's soulless. I've bought him countless Christmas trees in the past, decorations, lights, the works and he's left them in whatever property he was in at that time so I refuse to buy him any more. He manages to put a damper on every Christmas/family celebration because of his bad attitude, it goes against my nature to leave someone on their own at Christmas but that's the way he's made it. Sad. I'm glad you wrote about the big books theory on resentments, I need to remember that over the next couple of weeks.

Erratic, Dee, Strawberry, Viper, I hope you'll all check in over the weekend.

Back later. xxx

Thought for the day....."What you deny or ignore, you delay. What you accept and face, you conquer."
Old 12-14-2018, 04:28 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Administrator

All good here DaisyBelle

D
Old 12-14-2018, 05:18 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Glad to know that Dee

Thought I'd just check in to post on the gratitude thread and to say goodnight to my friends here but I'm guessing you've all gone to bed , so sleep well and hopefully you'll post tomorrow.

xxx
Old 12-14-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Administrator

night DB
Old 12-15-2018, 01:55 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all xx

just a quick post as i have to work this afo and i will be working all day tomo so wont get time until maybe tomo night to check in.

daisy! what ur son said to u, but it seems your good enough to give his son a stable home! i do hope u have ur gson for xmas xxx

hey to snitch, viper, kgirl, bluesy, strawberry, nichole xxx hugs to all xxx
Old 12-15-2018, 01:53 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Good evening all and happy Saturday, I hope you're all okay and not posting because you're busy doing sober things. It's been the coldest day here, such awful weather, very bleak, grey, cold, freezing rain and icy wind. I've had a very quiet afternoon, just pottered round the house, had dinner, an early bath and I'm just sat here with my p.j's on, fire on full, watching the Saturday night rubbish on the t.v. I should have gone to a Christmas party tonight but I bailed out, just couldn't be bothered to get ready, it's too cold and I'm not keen on sitting in a large room with lots of drinking and drunk people slobbering all over each other, talking rubbish lol.

Lovely to see you posting Erratic and thank you re my son, to be honest a lot of what he says just goes over my head these days, when he insults me, which is often, he just gets my standard answer, which is 'I'm sorry you feel that way,' it's my non apology apology. I'm trying to not let him get to me, building up some boundaries, a big part of me feels sorry for him. I hope my g.son is with me Christmas day too, he usually is so fingers crossed. Thank goodness I have a loving daughter and son in law. How's your job going, are you enjoying it etc?

I'll leave it there till tomorrow. Take care all of you.

xxx
Old 12-15-2018, 09:47 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn check in and post x

it was freezing and high winds aswell as rain yesterday daisy, it was storm derdre lol dam it though we never got the snow!

sounds good to be in pjs daisy for the evening i got mine on by 9-15 and then went to bed. The shop was quiet last night with the storm and all so i just kept myself bz. On enjoying it? not sure really once i am there and if i am very bz yeah i like it. Once i get back from leeds we have a new lady starting so i may enjoy it more as i will be doing less hrs.
so fingers crossed then that u have ur gson xx this time next week i shall be with daughter and gson so wow so much to do this week in packing and getting everything sorted for going. On thur and fri this coming week i am doing both full days so i will be crashing when get home friday night and then waking up to be going on the xmas road trip lol

right will leave it there for now and i will be back tomo morn if not at end of my shift tonight.

have good sunday all xx
Old 12-16-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I just wanted to check in fast in case I don’t get around to it. All is well.

153 days today. I’m feeling pretty good. I’m want to switch benzodiazepine meds to something else. I took one low dose clonazapam the other day and the crushing back ache and headache vanished for 2 days now after the one tablet. As it is I’m on a much lighter med that I take far more tablets per day.

Getting little things together for travel. Med refills to come in the day before I leave (at the earliest), making me very nervous. I met with the psychiatrist and paid him $$$ to rectify this, and he’s lackadaisical at best on seeing me have my meds. It’s pissing me off. He can filll out an Early Pickup override.

It’s been rainy and 45 degrees which is fine by me. I hate it when it’s 15 in the morning and 23 all day. It just drains my energy brutally. Keep the rain and warmer temps going!!

Alrighty, check in soon.

Viper 🐍

Old 12-16-2018, 03:30 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like all you guys are doing OK

D
Old 12-16-2018, 09:09 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, hi Dee!

Quick check in to say hi from me as I am about to get up for work. Am off to Delhi today for a quick nightstop and get home wednesday for Christmas. Can't wait! All is good with me. I am really into AA and learning and changing so much. We went to a pantomime on Saturday night and it was hilarious. I had such a good time and didn't have any thoughts of drinking at all. Miracle!

I got home last night from being away for the weekend and my little flat was freezing so I left the heating on and had a bit water bottle plus 2 throws over me and I've woken up in a pool of sweat. Ugh nice! Haha sorry about that. But oh my, at least it isn't from detoxing of booze. How many times I woke up in the morning sweating alcohol from every pore. (I hope no one is eating their breakfast whilst reading this!) I am sooooo grateful I never have to wake up that way again and today was just because of the hear!

Have a good day everyone!

p.s I have disabled facebook at the moment. (I can still use messenger). There were too many drinking posts leafing up to christmas etc people putting pics up of them going on pub crawls and dinners with wine etc. Lovely for them but it wasn't good for me to see. My sponsor said well maybe you need to come off of there for a bit and I agree. So am having a fb break till the New Year. Recovery comes first!!!

xxx
Old 12-16-2018, 10:11 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Snitch, since I quit drinking my Facebook use has steadily declined. I could give F*** what those idiots are up to. The Facebook Narcissists. All of those people that are one point were friends, but really only fair weather friends. Except people I’ve known for many, many years that are actually cool. I don’t want to lose touch with them. I never even go on anymore. Everyone posts there vacations. I do the opposite. No one on there knows Im away.

There are so many people in that scene I was in, that everyone props up as some kind of genius or celebrity, artist/musician/whatevertheshttyoudo. Talk about a big fish in a small pond, those people are like a bloated great white in a swimming pool. Go to NYC and they’d be eaten alive.

The best part about about showing up all of the naysayers, the doubters and the haters, is you don’t have to show them up. Just live well and blast them out of the water without them ever knowing. Maybe let a rumor loose 😁.

Finally... I’m doing something with my life. The Viper in the Amazon, quite literally. A month to go. Then my life gets kicked into overdrive. I’m not screwing around. I’m going to push the throttle on this old F16, full afterburners, in a direct ascent, until it stalls and goes into free fall, and then fire 🔥 up the burners again before it hits the ground.

Later on peeps. WTF is Donny?? Nichole, check in luv.

V🔥🐍🔥