Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 8

Old 11-02-2018, 08:18 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

DEE! It’s on the bottom left of the iPhone page. There is a Pop Down Menu that changes the style. At the bottom it says Mobile 2. 🌈😁

Donny, The Dentist works for Penguin, on the show Gotham. He’s the last person you’re going to see if you make Penguin *really* ticked off. I didn’t make him up, and he’s far more gross than you could imagine.

I feel things moving for me. There a force pulling me. The life coach has no time! I’m going to have to go without it and move forward. I’m accelerating toward my goals. Excited and ready!

Its gerting late. I’m really tired of the news. 😫 This country is a disaster. It’s a damn nightmare.

🔥🐍🔥
Old 11-02-2018, 08:37 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got it Vipe

D
Old 11-03-2018, 01:55 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all xx

congrats on ur days viper hun xx

Nothing much to report, haven't been able to go too the gym last week but will make up for it next week i might even go tomo.

here thinking of you all xx donny, nichole, strawberry, kgirl, bluesy, snitch, rowlands, viper and daisy and even u dee xx group hug x
Old 11-03-2018, 02:58 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Erratic

D
Old 11-03-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Aprils
I hope you're all having the best sober Saturday, it's still very quiet here, we seem to go from one extreme to the other.
It's a horrible day here, dark, cold, damp and very windy. I haven't done much today other than help my g.son with his homework. He had to make something from Ancient Greece so we've made a theatre mask with modelling clay, I think I've had more fun making it than he has.

It's a pleasure to read your positive vibes Viper, you really have come on in leaps and bounds.

Hi Erratic, enjoy your day and if you do get to the gym don't over do it.
Hi Dee. Have a good rest of the day.

Got to go, back later

Love to all. x
Old 11-03-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Well, I have just changed format on my tablet and it has opened up a whole new world for me here wow! Now will try and work on an avatar!!!

I am home from work and have 2 weeks off woo hoo! Things are good for me at the moment. My new one day at a time approach to EVERYTHING seems to be working well for me. I also feel more clear headed and have motivation to do things. I know that can potentially change so I will stay vigilant. I definitely think eating healthy is the way forward for me. Candy has been a saviour the first 6 months in helping me to not pick up a drink but now it is time to say bye bye. And I am okay with that. I never used to have a huge sweet tooth anyway and I suspect the sugar highs and crashes were affecting me.

The only downside at the moment is that my cravings to drink alcohol are strong. Not when things go wrong, I am finding not picking up a drink when I am stressed or mad surprisingly easy to deal with. For this alcoholic my danger zone is when things are going GOOD. I start to to romanticise wine drinking, my mind goes to sharing a bottle with friends in a cosy pub or sparkling fizz at Christmas. It is okay though, I know that is a lie at least for me.yes the first couple of drinks would be like that but well, I don't to tell you lot what will happen after
So, I am just revisiting my step one on a daily basis. I am completely powerless over alcohol. One drink means a drunk, one drink means chaos and unmanageability, one drink could could mean jail or death. I have got it. It is okay. Today, I have the tools and the knowledge to not pick up that first drink and as we well know now, it is the FIRST drink that does the damage.

Blusey, thank you for the reminder. I rarely vomited (thank God) but would frequently pass out with a glass in my hand and had to change my lounge carpet twice!! I got wooden floor in the end. Red wine splashes up the wall,on the duvet,clothes, furniture, my daughter toys 😟 just awful.

Daisy am glad you are back !! Is your grandson back with you now?

Viper you are sound good great, the world is your oyster!! P.S I could be sober 10 years and you still wouldn't see me waxing my car 😂😂

Hi Kgirl , Donny, Dee, Strawberry, Erratic, Nichole, Rowlands I hope you are all well.

X X x
Old 11-03-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Daisy we crossed posts,. Sounds like the perfect day to me 😊😊😊
Old 11-03-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi guys

D
Old 11-03-2018, 05:12 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Just saying goodnight, it's very late and I'm very tired. I hope the fireworks stop soon, they've been going on for hours. I feel sorry for the animals.

Sleep well xxx
Old 11-04-2018, 01:18 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Morning all!

I would just like to say, I hate going to watch the fireworks! It's always cold and really crowded. You stand there cricking your neck for 10 minutes going oooh aaahhh at fireworks that small do the same thing and last seconds, it is expensive and yup, the obly reason I went was to drink alcohol so as I do not drink anymore I do not need to put myself through that anymore!

I do love a sparkler though 😁
Old 11-04-2018, 02:18 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

happy birthday erratic!!!!

💓🌹🎂🎈🎉🎁🎀
Old 11-04-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprils

Still quiet I see, I hope it's just because you've all been busy enjoying the weekend.

Hiya Suze, I hate fireworks too, I've never liked them and tomorrow evening there is a great big bonfire and firework display at the pub right by my house, it's just a stone's throw away. It's an absolute nuisance, people come from miles around, fireworks will be going all night, we wont be able to get in or out of our own street for all the cars and it's a school night! Other than that I don't mind a sparkler either.

Happy birthday Erratic, I hope you've had a lovely day and have been spoilt rotten. xx

I was really cross and annoyed earlier, my wayward son is up to his old tricks again. I picked my g.son up from him on Wednesday evening after we got home and today is the first time he's seen him since. He only has him for a couple of hours Tue and Thur evening and overnight on Saturdays, last night he stayed here with us as his other Grandad took him to a firework display nearby. I took him to his dad about 9.30 this morning and he was dropped off this evening at 7. His dad told me he was taking him on a bike ride to a local nature spot but when I asked my g,son if he'd had a nice time he told me that he'd spent the day at Daddy's new friend Emma's house! I was so angry, it's not even 6 weeks since the previous love interest threw him out and I asked him then if he met any other women to wait at least 6 mths before introducing his son. My g.son has had a very unstable life thanks to my son and the previous g.friend, who he moved in with in Feb after knowing her for about 4 weeks, told my g.son that she was going to be his forever mum. I'm sorry for rambling on, I need to get it off my chest, I was bloody fuming, now I'm just p'd off. This kind of thing is what usually sets me off drinking, anger, humiliation, being lied to, but I won't be drinking tonight, I've come too far now to go back.

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. Sleep well lovelies. xx
Old 11-04-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy bday erratic

D
Old 11-05-2018, 05:16 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Aprils, where the heck are you all. I hope Viper and his dentist 'friend' haven't commandeered you all to go hunting again for Donny boy, or any of our other 'missing in action' class mates.
All okay ish with me, I've done the school run, mum run, a bit of house work and now I'm having lunch. I need to phone the vet and make an appointment to have my kitten speyed, poor thing, but needs must.

See you all later... I hope.

Thought for the day....." Believe in yourself and you’ll be unstoppable."
Old 11-05-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hey, everyone has gone AWOL Daisy lol

I am sorry to hear that about your son. We truly are powerless over other people. Once again, I am just so glad your grandson has you and your hubby as his constants bless him. Well done, you are dealing with all of this sober!! You should be so proud of you, I Am 🤗🤗

I am in bed. Am shattered. I seemed to have turned a corner and have got my motivation back and with that I am starting to get the things that need doing, done. I am feeling really good actually. I am sleeping well, am clearer headed, am eating better, trying to fit exercise in when I can, getting chores done, am cultivating new sober friendships especially in AA, and when I laugh, it is a real proper belly laugh. I look better, my eyes are brighter and skin is clearer and I have lost weight. People are actually starting to comment now on my appearance. Most of all my attitude has completely changed. I am so much more tolerant now, I don't fly off the handle anymore but instead I pause when agitated before reacting, I am so grateful for what I have in my life instead of bemoaning what I don't have. Best of all I am a patient, fun, present, kind, caring SOBER mummy to my baby girl. I can't believe it really. I really am quite excited about the future now. Not bad for someone who just over 6 months ago wanted to die everyday!

I picked up a 6 month chip from a meeting recently and I thought I had lost it. My daughtet came in the kitchen last night holding it. She said "I found this for you mummy, what is that on it?" I said " it says 6 months, which means it has been 6 months since mummy last drank wine." She gave it to me and said " well done mummy". Aghhhhhh heart melt! Lol.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

A late check in from me before I go to bed. The pub, which is very close to where I live had a huge bonfire and display this evening and my daughter and her partner and my 2 gorgeous grandchildren came over this evening to watch from my garden. I don't like fireworks but I have to be honest, the display was really good, though the poor cat was terrified.

Well, it looks like it's just you and I Suze, do you think the others know something we don't? My son is just a nightmare Suze, it's just over a month ago that he was sending me suicide threats and crying over losing the love of his life and now he's back to the same old, same old. He has a pattern and I know almost immediately when he's up to his old tricks. Oh well, I've detached from him as much as I can and that's the way I need to try and keep it, I can't let him suck me in again. I must keep my barriers up.
My daughter is the complete opposite, she's hard working and an amazing mummy to my other 2 g.children, she never asks for anything, she started a new job today in the breast screening department at our local hospital and I'm very proud of her.
I'm glad that you are feeling so much better in yourself, you sound great. A.A is so right for you, you're turning your life round. You're doing better than me with the healthy eating, I don't know what's wrong with me lately but I just can't stop eating crap. I'm not even hungry, I'm just eating for eatings' sake. I need to get a grip.
Aww your daughter is a little sweetheart, I can just picture her telling you 'well done.' She's a credit to you.

Well, I'm really very tired so I'm going to bed now, I'll try and read a chapter of my book but I'm not holding out much hope of staying awake long enough.

I'll be back tomorrow and hopefully I won't be talking to myself.

Night night. xxxx
Old 11-05-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Administrator

Night DB

D
Old 11-05-2018, 05:22 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

April here. Just checking in. Hope everyone is doing well or even much better than well. Sober is as sober does.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:09 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

G. night Dee, have a good day, lol.

Good to see you posting Lessgravity, I hope you come and post some more. xx
Old 11-05-2018, 07:18 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

214 days=30 weeks=7 months=over half a year