Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 8

Old 10-30-2018, 09:42 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Hello all!

A quick check in before 💤 ‘s which I desperately need. I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night lately. My brain is so overloaded that I think it begins to spill over around 3am. Ugh ! At least I’m not spilling drinks. Oh, I was washing my mattress cover last weekend and had a nice reminder of those days. About 1/3 of my mattress is stained with red wine. Some from spills, most of it from vomiting up the wine. Gross. I know but that was the reality and I don’t ever want to forget it as painful as it is to see it.

Suze, sounds like you had a nice, relaxing time! You deserve it!! You’re doing so great and it seems you’re quite in touch with the nuances of your feelings and are ace at sorting each piece of the puzzle and putting it where it belongs. Transformation in full effect ! Now maybe slap a bright color on those fingers eh? Haha!! 💅

Daisy - how was your day on Rhodes? I’ve never been to Greece or the islands there. What’s the food like?? Hope you are having a blast 😘

Donny Boy, glad you jumped right back into action!! 🙏🏼

Helllooooo Strawberry, Dee, Rowland’s (welcome back!!!), Erratic, Vipe, Kgirl!!! ❤️🌟🦋
Old 10-31-2018, 03:51 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Donny, thank god! I just reached my man they call “The Dentist” on his cell phone and called it off. His men were on standby to put you in a black panel van and bring you to an abandoned meat packing plant. Unfortunately The Dentist gets 50% cash up front, so I’m going to need $15,000 from you. 😁

Checking in on Day 108. I’m fine folks.

Sleep time!

🔥🐍🔥
lmao! Vipe Thank God, the last thing I want is a visit from “The Dentist”!! I heard he does horrible things with his drill😂 108 days is awesome Vipe! It’s inspiring for us single digit people 👍🏼
Old 10-31-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Today is 200 DAYS of being sober for me!!!
Old 10-31-2018, 07:17 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

It’s Halloween. 🎃 I wasn’t sure if the rest of you did Halloween, but after a Google, I guess it originated in Ireland, so go figure!! Many ladies put on black nail polish, dark eye shadow, black heels, a set of sparkle devil horns, etc., even for work, so Viper is very distracted today. 😍 I need to live in NYC or LA where that’s a regular thing. Probably London too. Too bad I can’t go to the bars tonight... OMG.

So I’m in Puritanical New England. More witches hanged in Connecticut than any other State. Idiot Puritans. The English should have eradicated them and sent someone else. It’s still uptight here because of them. That’s why friendly California is considered basically another country. However, the Fall and the gloomy skies, and orange and reds in the trees, the pumpkins and everything else are pretty nice. In contrast, if you’re in Arizona, Halloween rings pretty hollow compared the the Northeast. Like Christmas in Florida.

I feel I’m at the point of putting my foot down and just making some moves. Bite the bullet. No one ever knows if they’re choice is the right one or how things will work out. Even with the most conservative approach, there’s no guaranties. People play buy the rules (what a horrible idea), their entire lives and then get brain cancer, or hit by a bus at 45 or 50. I’ve seen it.

Wether or not that spot in Brazil is perfect, or doesn’t fulfill all of my needs, it is way better than staying here. I guess this is where ‘higher power’ comes in for the A.A. folks. I call it Universe. You’ve got to put your trust in something, and just go with the flow. You may get delivered somewhere that is far better than what you aimed for. Or maybe far worse, but there is no real control. It’s an illusion. There is no sense in worrying about it.

The last time I quit, I think it took me 60 days this frame of mind. This time it’s almost twice as long, if it’s even happened yet. And physically I’m not back like I was a couple of years ago.

Ok that’s enough out of me.

🔥🐍🔥
Old 10-31-2018, 03:44 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats KGirl

D
Old 10-31-2018, 06:40 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Goodnight you lovely people. Was a quiet day on here it looks like so hope all is well and sending love far and wide💜😴
Old 10-31-2018, 06:40 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgirl41 View Post
Today is 200 DAYS of being sober for me!!!
Awesome Kgirl!!! 💜💜
Old 10-31-2018, 11:06 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Yes Kgirl!! What an accomplishment ! You’re doing amazing !!
🎉🌟💫🦋🙏🏼❤️
Old 11-01-2018, 01:23 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all still here x just in one of my quiet moods.

great job kgirl x

hugs to everyone x
Old 11-01-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Afernoon Aprils

I'm home, back to the cold and the rain and the dark mornings and dark evenings. Big sigh. Actually I am a bit glad to be home, I missed my g,son and I missed my little kitty cat. I face timed my g.son every day whilst I was away, but couldn't do that with the cat lol. Now I'm up to the eyeballs in washing laundry and getting it dry. So much fun.. not

Suze, you sound like you have it all planned out, I like the idea of 30 minutes exercise per day, I wouldn't mind having a go at that myself, I could manage to find 30 minutes I'm sure.
I bet your nails look lovely really, I like the natural look, good on you anyway for looking after yourself.

Thanks Erratic for your funny pics, they never fail to make me smile.

I'm always losing posts Kelley, it's so frustrating. Big hugs right back at you.

Right, I'm going to have to leave it there until later. The Internet went on strike for a while and now I'm going to go and pick the g.kids up from school. I'll be back.

Love to you all xxx
Old 11-01-2018, 08:21 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

I feel like garbage. I woke up at about 6, after 6 hours of sleep. I went back to sleep and woke up with a total sleep hangover. 2 hours of nightmares and awful sleep, led to me waking up with a brutal headache and just totally exhausted. I hate that.

I know I’ve got stress problems again because my headache is back and my neck and back are killing me. I’m glad I pinned that down to stress. Exhaustion, with headache and harsh neck tightness = stress issues.

Yesterday and today have been pretty good weather wise. The prized autumn days. 65 and sunny.

I waxed my car by hand the other day. Go figure. You get some sobriety and you’re waxing your car.

Viper
Old 11-01-2018, 03:12 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Administrator

whats stressing you out Vipe?

D
Old 11-01-2018, 04:50 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Just checking in before bed and I lost my post grrr.

Kelley, I lost it whilst I was looking for something for you. Massive well done on 200 days, I'm so proud of you. xxxxx [IMG][/IMG]

Donny, what Viper didn't tell you about that dentist is that he doesn't only use his drill for teeth!!

I hope you're okay Viper and not stressing about anything to serious.

Bluesey, I hope you're okay too, I have spells of waking up in the early hours, usually when I'm worrying about something and my mind is on overdrive. I wouldn't mind but what can you do about anything at stupid o clock in the morning?
Rhodes was stunning, especially the old town which is encased within the walls of a castle, I will try and download some pics over the weekend.The food was amazing but I did try and stick to salads, though I probably overdid it a bit with the feta cheese and the local Greek olives.
Erratic, I hope all is okay with you, what's going on with the gym etc. Has your little dog settled down?

Rowlands, if you're just reading in the background, please come and post, don't struggle alone.

I need to go to bed now, I'm very tired. I'll post more tomorrow.

Goodnight all with lots of love from me. xxx
Old 11-02-2018, 01:29 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-02-2018, 04:32 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Good morning Peeps! Fell asleep early last night so just wanted to check in and say happy Friday !! Long day today as we start playoffs tonight for football so won’t be home till late but will check in and catch up regardless. Love to you all and stay well today💜💜💜
Old 11-02-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Grrrrr just lost my post too as the hotel Internet dropped out,

will post later

kgirl huge congrats am really proud of you

​​​​​​​love to all X X
Old 11-02-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I’m not stressed about anything too serious. Everything is fine. It’s general life stress. Plus I had to prepare a bunch of paperwork, fill out forms, get copies and new documents, etc. Always annoying. It’s like doing taxes. After finishing something like that, I’d go drink to decompress. So it’s only natural that my headache and stress symptoms would come on.

Speaking of which, I’m dealing with more and more without drinking. If it’s a stressful day, my car needs $600 in repairs, I make a large purchase, I’m nervous about the outcome of something, or I’ve just finished something great, I don’t drink.

111 DAYS ✅.

Things are going along well. Stuff just keeps getting better.

������
Old 11-02-2018, 08:07 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Why can’t I get my iPhone back to the Mobile Site???? This is bogus
Old 11-02-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

On my PC its down at the lower left of the page.
Can you see three dots anywhere Vipe - that's the menu

D
Old 11-02-2018, 05:22 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprils, it's bedtime and the first chance I've had to check in today.
It's been a freezing cold day, I had to scrape the ice off the windscreen of my car this morning, but it's been sunny too and dry, can't complain.
Had to take my husband to the hospital this morn, it was his turn for an endoscopy, he has an ongoing throat & stomach condition that needs to be checked annually , unfortunately they couldn't complete the procedure as he has a cold, and was struggling to breath through his nose, so he has to go back again. He's a proper wimp though, he's not stop moaning about about it all, don't know how he thinks I coped with mine, lol.
I heard some sad news too, a lady I used to work with lost her first baby grandson on Saturday, he was only 19 days old, bless him. Things like that make me realise how lucky I am, I'm blessed.
Anyway, it's been very quiet here today, I hope you're all okay. x

Erratic, that cat could be me! We even have the same colour eyes, lol.

Happy Friday to you too Donny boy, I hope you had a good day. How did the football go? I hope your team did well.

Argh Suze, it's so annoying when you lose a post, mine was a long one last night and I was just too tired to do it all again, so I just did a quick, short version.

Viper, I'm glad you're not stressing about anything major. You are doing really well, sobriety suits you. Many congrats on 111 days, excellent stuff.

Hope all is good with you Dee.

Anna Rowlands, where are you? Strawberry too, we're missing you.

I'm off to bed now, sleep well chaps. Much love to you all. xxx