Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 02-28-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
This class is the greatest. "We'll get it done, then live in fun!" Keep the messages coming. They are a great help.
Hiya Mel

glad you like the thread

What day are you are?
Old 02-28-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Oh yea .
I made a (( 7)) today !!!!!
First week in over a year.
My life's a mess to be sure, but not the mess it was a week ago.
I'm waking up this this morning hungry for life !
Old 02-28-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Morning all! 4 am here Day 9. Slept in fits. Might make a visit to a walk in urgent care, my lungs hurt badly. Blerch. I usually don't catch the stuff going around.

Going to try coffee and healthy breakfast and see how that goes. It doesn't help to have concerned cats glued to my face all night .

JL, I am very proud of you! Flaco, back on the horse, don't beat yourself up.

I am very sorry to those of you struggling with family. It is very hard because the default should be nurturing parents, and when that isn't the case the children certainly pay the price. If Dee recommends a book, then it's worth reading for sure. Dee our wise man!

Take care all
Hi Sadie, burning lungs doesn't sound great. I would definitely make a visit to the walk in urgent care to get checked out.

Youre right about the book Dee suggested. Ive written it down and will get it out from the library if they have it, if not, I'll buy it if its not too expensive.

Take care of yourself.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Oh yea .
I made a (( 7)) today !!!!!
First week in over a year.
My life's a mess to be sure, but not the mess it was a week ago.
I'm waking up this this morning hungry for life !
Its been a year since you were sober this long - that's so wonderful. Well done for reaching day 7!

Old 02-28-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Sadie - Hope you feel better soon. Bless your cats! My cats are just concerned about whether or not they'll get fed!!

Coco - Thanks, I know it'll get better. I came very close to losing everything with my drinking, I managed to keep hold of it all on the condition of my sobriety. That one drink would be the downfall of me. I need to remember that rather than thinking how great it'll feel. Like I've told other people countless times on this thread, it's never as good as you think it's gonna be.
I believe I'm on Day 12! Almost at the 2 week mark, time sure does fly!
It's a difficult situation when people turn up drunk to meetings. On the one hand I'd rather they were at the meeting than sitting in a pub, they're at least trying to get themselves back onto the road to recovery. But we have newcomers in these meetings trying to listen to these shares, and they keep getting interrupted. If there had been someone like that at my first AA meeting I don't know if I'd have wanted to go back!!

JL - Congrats on one week! I hope things start looking up for you in life, sobriety will help you achieve that!
Old 02-28-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Day 12 youre doing amazing! Not long before its 2 weeks.

Please be careful if youre feeling a bit flat. As you say it only takes 1 drink, well 1 sip with me! Don't go there! Remember what you keep telling all of us!

Yeah I understand what you mean about the meetings. Its got to be a place for everyone at every stage.

I might PM Oroszlan. Havent heard from him for 4 days. Was it him that went to the big work do on Thursday or Friday night? I hope he was careful, I really do. I miss having him around :-)
Old 02-28-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Starting day 13. Pulled out my literature on living sober and will do some reading today. Still cannot sleep much, but that has always been a problem, and worse when I drink. So I will start my day nice and early and enjoy each moment! Nervous about going out to dinner tonight - it's a restaurant where they have my wine poured before I even get to the table. Will need to educate them that things are different now. Will also have a friend present who is not supportive at all, so luckily my husband can help me stay strong and kick his ass :-)
Old 02-28-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Sober Sunday here. I had an alcohol dream last night. I'm able to analyze it easy enough. Being lost and feeling trapped even while I was engaging with the people and things I love most. It woke me at 2:30 AM and I wasn't able to return to sleep until almost 5:00. After that I was able to sleep in. I'm glad it's Sunday. I'm mostly, cleaning and organizing today. Plus, I can put in a couple hours of work to get a jump start on the work week! It's rare that would have happened while I was drinking. Have a beautiful day, all.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Coco - It's crazy to think that not long ago I'd given up on getting past one day without a drink. I'd make a promise to myself in the morning and then be drunk by early afternoon, and now here I am at almost 2 weeks!! I'm past the craving now and I hope it stays away for a little while. I need to tip away the rest of my vodka, I have about 5 bottles still stashed away. I can't bring myself to do it!

amyrose - Congrats on reaching day 13! Have you mentioned to your doctor about sleeping problems? You're right, drinking most definitely makes it worse. Stay strong at dinner tonight, is it something you HAVE to go and do? I wouldn't want to be around someone who's not supportive. I'm glad you'll have your husband there with you.

Auggie - Man, I hate those crazy dreams. It makes me happy to see you planning out your sober day. Doesn't it feel so much better? Keep going!
Old 02-28-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Have a successful sober day everyone
Old 02-28-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Can you go to a new restaurant amyrose? Just until you get the not-drinking down pat?

Day 18! Woo hoo! Feeling good today!

I hope all those that have slipped keep coming back, and can figure out how to stay strong when it gets tough. It will get tough no doubt, we all have to figure out a plan for handling it.

Rainy day today, I foresee a lot of relaxing
Old 02-28-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hi Class,
Just checking in before I make a traditional Sunday roast. Roast chicken is the plan.
Got a bit twitchy for about half an hour.. Thought to myself hmmm wouldn't it be nice to have a glass of wine. But there was no point dwelling on it cause we all know it won't be a glass. It will be two bottles later and a stinking hangover the next day, followed by more drinking to kill the hangover. And so forth...as I have done for so many flipping years.. Groan. It gets tiresome to even hear myself sometimes

So a cup of tea it is. Cause I want this new me and will hold onto it one day at a time. Still...I feel a bit miserable at the moment

But Cococo is right. My cravings became less intense after 21 days. Not to say that I don't have cravings now because I still do. But they are not those white knuckle nail biting ones I had at the beginning.

Oldtomato I attend AA meetings as well as a weekly meeting held by an addictions group called Swanswell. The Swanswell meetings are similar in concept but a lot more chilled. The group can talk amongst each other and there is no format to the meeting. I like attending both. But, the past three weeks have been uncomfortable for me. There is a woman who attends and she is still drinking heavily. She thinks she is making profound statements and she thinks she is interesting and she thinks she sounds sincere and genuine . She interrupts when other people share and turns the topic around to her, then becomes apologetic for hogging the conversation but carries on talking. All the typical behaviour of a self centred drunk basically. Just talking rubbish. The last time she was there she said " I don't know if there is any point in giving up cause I can't be assed. I think I am happy to die drinking". My god. I really didn't need to hear that.The therapist in charge focuses too much on this woman too.

Infact I am going to say something if she turns up drunk again. If she is happy to drink herself to death then stay at home
Old 02-28-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Rant over
Old 02-28-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Coco - It's crazy to think that not long ago I'd given up on getting past one day without a drink. I'd make a promise to myself in the morning and then be drunk by early afternoon, and now here I am at almost 2 weeks!! I'm past the craving now and I hope it stays away for a little while. I need to tip away the rest of my vodka, I have about 5 bottles still stashed away. I can't bring myself to do it!
Hey OT if you can't bring yourself to tip them then give them away. It will be the most liberating feeling you can imagine. Do it for yourself, a gift.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Knb02 I've seen ppl just use group sessions as a social outlet because no one else will listen to them, people that don't really want to stop. They are seeking attention. I suppose it's a thin line though, where does the desire to stop start? If she's disruptive to the point that the meeting isn't working she shouldn't be there... otherwise try to think about how that's not you! YOU are doing what needs to be done and for that I commend you. You know the cycle and where it leads and you've found enough love for yourself to stop. Be proud of what you've accomplished, relish it! It will only get better.

Also the roast sounds amazing I bet you're a great cook.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

Day four is starting off pretty well. After a few false starts, I got some sleep last night. And in a few hours, I pick my wife up at the airport. Another beautiful sunny day in Colorado.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Checking in. Day 25
Old 02-28-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

22 days and my house has never been this clean
Old 02-28-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Wow very impressive everyone it makes me really happy and hopeful to hear your success.

Sweatyhands I'm just about to start day 6 I'm happy you're on the move with me if you need to vent beyond this thread please pm me. I used to live in CO too, in the mountains west of Boulder. Such a wonderful place I miss it!
Old 02-28-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Wow very impressive everyone it makes me really happy and hopeful to hear your success.

Sweatyhands I'm just about to start day 6 I'm happy you're on the move with me if you need to vent beyond this thread please pm me. I used to live in CO too, in the mountains west of Boulder. Such a wonderful place I miss it!
We actually just moved out here last summer. I started grad school in the fall and started drinking again after 3 1/2 years sober. I had a few rough patches and quit periodically, but this last relapse got messy and could have been messier. So, this time, I am putting every ounce of energy into my recovery.