Old 02-28-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
opalblue

Hi Class,
Just checking in before I make a traditional Sunday roast. Roast chicken is the plan.
Got a bit twitchy for about half an hour.. Thought to myself hmmm wouldn't it be nice to have a glass of wine. But there was no point dwelling on it cause we all know it won't be a glass. It will be two bottles later and a stinking hangover the next day, followed by more drinking to kill the hangover. And so forth...as I have done for so many flipping years.. Groan. It gets tiresome to even hear myself sometimes

So a cup of tea it is. Cause I want this new me and will hold onto it one day at a time. Still...I feel a bit miserable at the moment

But Cococo is right. My cravings became less intense after 21 days. Not to say that I don't have cravings now because I still do. But they are not those white knuckle nail biting ones I had at the beginning.

Oldtomato I attend AA meetings as well as a weekly meeting held by an addictions group called Swanswell. The Swanswell meetings are similar in concept but a lot more chilled. The group can talk amongst each other and there is no format to the meeting. I like attending both. But, the past three weeks have been uncomfortable for me. There is a woman who attends and she is still drinking heavily. She thinks she is making profound statements and she thinks she is interesting and she thinks she sounds sincere and genuine . She interrupts when other people share and turns the topic around to her, then becomes apologetic for hogging the conversation but carries on talking. All the typical behaviour of a self centred drunk basically. Just talking rubbish. The last time she was there she said " I don't know if there is any point in giving up cause I can't be assed. I think I am happy to die drinking". My god. I really didn't need to hear that.The therapist in charge focuses too much on this woman too.

Infact I am going to say something if she turns up drunk again. If she is happy to drink herself to death then stay at home