Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 02-29-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Outonthe i usually am never sick but I've had a cold since I stopped my binge 9 days ago .. Lovely pic knb. I may go back to using my pic too. I just didn't want a small chance of anyone from my employer seeing it. But now that I'm unemployed shooooot why not? Lol
Old 02-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Cococo are you doing ok?
Old 02-29-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

C x 3 seems to be missing in action.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

I know people float forward in classes, I have repeatedly. I'm holding on to each day now like it's gold. I'm realizing I've been killing my life, and I know it'll take a long time to get better. I'm not switching groups as long as there's still ppl here.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Hey guys, back from the gig - I'm glad I went I had a good time! Just checking in to say goodnight and that I am now 2 weeks sober!!

Hope you're all doing alright and I'll catch you in the morning.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Telling on myself... randomly went into trance mode and going through the motions in my head of pouring a drink.
Shame on you AV. I thought we were coming to an understanding.
Meeting tonight! weehoo!

Hope Coco is doing ok...

JL, I think most of us do ok in long term recovery, head-wise. I know I feel drastically different at the 2 week mark than I did at one week. I think some of the neurological pathways are altered through addiction that can't be repaired, hence why we are forever prone to relapse. Some of the articles I read that have been posted on here spoke about how alcoholism affects our brains in the short and long term, and how some things possibly can't be fixed, and other things we have to either relearn or learn new ways of doing.

I know for me, my brain works a hell of a lot differently than it did before I really hit the bottle hard. I also mixed booze and psych meds more than once and I am missing big chunks of memories. From times when I was sober and drunk. I am missing all of January and half of Feb pretty well. And I was sober most of february.
Because I was maxed out on Effexor after my son was born, and eventually started to mix booze in when it didn't work, I don't remember any of the first year of my son's life. I have some recollections of the first week home and his birth. And all of his pregnancy. But his first year is just, *poof* gone. I have snatches of memories here and there but they are like trying to remember a dream... reaching, grasping, fleeting images.
The effexor withdrawal was terrible too. Worse in a lot of ways than alcohol. It took a year for the drug withdrawals to ease off. And you guessed it, I medicated those as much as possible with alcohol. *eye roll*
Old 02-29-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

On a side note, I have zero motivation today. None. I have sat in front of the computer all day. I must leave this cold and lonely basement. This is no life for me and my daughter. I so badly want to be back at the farm.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
C x 3 seems to be missing in action.
Time zone, people, time zone! She's in New Zealand, on the other side of the world. And what a lovely place it is!

Ok, I've just been to Australia, but it's not all hot and dry there! Did y'all know they have a rainforest? Yep, I went there [= Queensland]. And it rained. And it rained. And it was SO far away from Sydney, we flew there rather than drive.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
I know people float forward in classes, I have repeatedly. I'm holding on to each day now like it's gold. I'm realizing I've been killing my life, and I know it'll take a long time to get better. I'm not switching groups as long as there's still ppl here.
I will be here.

[Well, mostly because I'm not very forum savvy, lol]
Old 02-29-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Hey guys, back from the gig - I'm glad I went I had a good time! Just checking in to say goodnight and that I am now 2 weeks sober!!

Hope you're all doing alright and I'll catch you in the morning.
Great job!! The discussion today at my AA mtg was how to have a good time sober. Most people were older than I am, so I heard a lot about the Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, and all the other bands that attracted a lot of substance abuse.

Though I'm 50, I've been to my share of such concerts [RIP, David Bowie].

Maybe it's a good topic for discussion here? ready, set, go
Old 02-29-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Del
I don't feel good at all, about the time I've lost cause I was blacked out and will never get it back.
Thank you for replying.
Thanks everyone today !!
I'm gonna try to goto sleep and get rested up for 4 long days at work.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

D