Old 02-28-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
OldTomato

Sadie - Hope you feel better soon. Bless your cats! My cats are just concerned about whether or not they'll get fed!!

Coco - Thanks, I know it'll get better. I came very close to losing everything with my drinking, I managed to keep hold of it all on the condition of my sobriety. That one drink would be the downfall of me. I need to remember that rather than thinking how great it'll feel. Like I've told other people countless times on this thread, it's never as good as you think it's gonna be.
I believe I'm on Day 12! Almost at the 2 week mark, time sure does fly!
It's a difficult situation when people turn up drunk to meetings. On the one hand I'd rather they were at the meeting than sitting in a pub, they're at least trying to get themselves back onto the road to recovery. But we have newcomers in these meetings trying to listen to these shares, and they keep getting interrupted. If there had been someone like that at my first AA meeting I don't know if I'd have wanted to go back!!

JL - Congrats on one week! I hope things start looking up for you in life, sobriety will help you achieve that!