Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 02-28-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Thank you Coco
Youre welcome sweetheart

You are doing so well, youre positive and supportive and you post in here every day!

Keep it up! There are 100's of others on SR that prove it can be done! And we are going to do it!

Old 02-28-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to all you guys

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
CONGRATULATIONS TO:-

Soberjim – 4 WEEKS SOBER (on day 29 today)

Mia83 – 4 WEEKS SOBER (on day 29 today)

SansaS – 3 WEEKS SOBER (on day 22 today)

Emandm – 3 WEEKS SOBER (on day 22 today)

Sadsadgirl – 2 WEEKS SOBER (last posted on 17/2/16 – day 3)

Ladybug2 – 2 WEEKS SOBER (last posted on 26/2/16 – day 12)

CuteNGayYay – 1 WEEK SOBER (on day 8 today)

Forabetterlife – 1 WEEK SOBER (last posted on 25/2/16 – day 4)

for those who don't know - A new March thread will start later today and this class thread will soon graduate to the Daily Support forum.

Nothing else changes, and we all continue on

I'll leave plenty of redirection links

D
Old 02-28-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
Hi Cococo,

Love your posts! Counting days freaked me out. (Almost everything stresses me out, actually.) So I keep it real simple.

I keep in mind four things: (1) I did not drink yesterday. (2) I do not want to drink today so I won't. (3) I have a plan for not drinking tomorrow that worked yesterday. (4) If all goes well, tomorrow I will have the same four things to say.

I believe these four things keep life good. And life is good these days! Thanks for being here Cococo.

Mel
Hi Mel

I understand. You do what works for you.

I like your basic 4 points!

All the best and we all look forward to hearing from you soon (in March!!!).
Old 02-28-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I can't believe February's almost over already!
Old 02-28-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

to all of you on your milestones!
Old 02-28-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats to all you guys

for those who don't know - A new March thread will start later today and this class thread will soon graduate to the Daily Support forum.

Nothing else changes, and we all continue on

I'll leave plenty of redirection links

D
Yay almost March!

Ive requested THE SHACK be sent to my local library branch, its at another branch, I should have it a 2 - 3 days. Im looking forward to reading it! Thanks for caring enough to suggest it :-)
Old 02-28-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Its about midday on day 10 for me.

The weather is warm and calmly raining today. I don't mind the rain when its not blowing a gale. I like the sound of it. We have had some hot and dry days this summer and really need the rain. My grass lawn is brown. Im grateful for the rain.

Love, peace and success to you all.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Day 26
Old 02-28-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Leap year. I didn't know that.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries Cococo. As much as I hope you get something from it, I hope you enjoy it as well

D
Old 02-28-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Day 7 here for me! How the heck did this happen? Its the longest stretch I've had this year and I'm feeling good.
Have a great day all.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Delizadee - It's great to see you in such high spirits! At the end of this day you'll be two weeks sober, well done!! Don't feel too guilty about missing those meetings, it's not always practical to attend them - life keeps on going. Just don't get into the habit of not attending them at all if they're helping you!
Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
I did a bit of step 1 work earlier because I felt like I needed a bit of reflection on what my drinking life was like. It took me back to how truly hopeless I felt towards the end, something I had blocked out. I honestly felt like life wasn't worth living, I was making myself ill and I couldn't stop! It makes me realise that I need to stop worrying so much about all these life decisions and whether I'm capable of doing things. I've already achieved the impossible, I'm still here today, so now the world is my oyster!!

I also looked at the adverse effects of my drinking. I'd drink to stop the withdrawal symptoms... caused by my drinking. I'd drink to cope with problems... caused by my drinking and made worse by my drinking. I'd drink to become more confident at work or an event, etc. and then pass out and end up not turning up at all because of my drinking. As soon as we break the cycle life starts looking up. Just thought I'd share, I found it quite interesting.

CuteNGay - Congrats on Day 8, and well done for realising you're not ready for that and not doing it. Your sobriety comes first. Also, I love J-Law as well.

Auggie - Is that a result of your drinking? I was doing terrible work but I thought I was doing fine because alcohol made me over confident. Sober me cringes.
Omg I could have written your post. I keep thinking that I am unique and NOONE else has it as bad as me. I have the exact same thoughts. Oldtomato it took me nearly ten years to accept step one. I kept thinking that I could control my drinking...even now my devious AV is still telling me it wasn't that bad...when is sooooooo was!!!
Old 02-28-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Cococo

It is about 5:30(central standard time U.S.) Thanks for all the great post and being so active on the forum. It really helps everyone...
Old 02-28-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
I edited my post because I read yours incorrectly. I thought you said "We DONT have one more day of February", that's why I said "Huh"

I need to learn to read lol

I get it, youre on the 28th and Im on the 29th

How far away from midnight are you?

Have a lovely Sunday SH
You are always the first one to start the day Cococo. Thanks for your list. I haven't heard of Drama in a while...
Old 02-28-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

It's been pouring rain in Seattle, so it's been a quiet day. I'm still getting over being sick, so I didn't bike or run today.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Knb02 I want to be clear I was sober for one year but that was three years ago. Currently I have 6 days. I've thought a lot about what got me back drinking and I'm working hard to not make the same mistakes. I'm trying to listen to what other sober people have done successfully and learn from it. I'm fighting day by day.
Just one day at a time for me too. Even the ones who have years of sobriety say one day at a time. I know why I always go back to drinking...cause I like the buzz. I like zoning out. But I can't control my intake. Others drink a bottle over the weekend..I drink 14 bottles a week. Big difference . I tried moderating for years and it would work for a few months or so but something would happen, I freak out and I am back to drinking on a daily basis.

I finally accept that I am powerless over alcohol and I hope this will be enough to stop me from drinking that first one. But it's hard.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

I have had urges all day for some reason. Need to go to bed.
When I wake up tomorrow I know that I will be glad that I didn't drink tonight.

Night class. A big hug to each and everyone of you. Well done for not drinking today
Old 02-28-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Heading toward the close of one whole week sober! What a week it's been! I have been so busy at work. Maybe this is my Higher Power's way of keeping me too busy to get into trouble. It's odd the time differences we all have, I tried to figure it out but it makes my head hurt. For me, it's a week, so it's a week, regardless of what time it is anywhere else on earth.
I hope everyone is doing well. I read all your posts and am pulling for all of you, I just can't remember who to say what to when I get to the end. Hugs to all of you, and thanks for posting, it means a lot to me. I hope as the fog keeps lifting I'll be able to keep track of who said what all the way to the end!
Today was so beautiful here. Everything is trying to turn green and flower. In Georgia, we usually have a short spring, then a blast of winter, then it just goes straight to summer. That's what makes our peaches so good, they need that cold snap after they start to bud.
Happy sober night everyone! I am working from home tonight. Always working.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
Heading toward the close of one whole week sober! What a week it's been! I have been so busy at work. Maybe this is my Higher Power's way of keeping me too busy to get into trouble. It's odd the time differences we all have, I tried to figure it out but it makes my head hurt. For me, it's a week, so it's a week, regardless of what time it is anywhere else on earth.
I hope everyone is doing well. I read all your posts and am pulling for all of you, I just can't remember who to say what to when I get to the end. Hugs to all of you, and thanks for posting, it means a lot to me. I hope as the fog keeps lifting I'll be able to keep track of who said what all the way to the end!
Today was so beautiful here. Everything is trying to turn green and flower. In Georgia, we usually have a short spring, then a blast of winter, then it just goes straight to summer. That's what makes our peaches so good, they need that cold snap after they start to bud.
Happy sober night everyone! I am working from home tonight. Always working.
Well done Karen
Old 02-28-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Administrator

I craved the buzz too knb...but somewhere along the way I rediscovered how good it is to live in reality.

A lot of my drinking was about escape...nothing to escape from if you love your life

D