Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 10

Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thinking of you and kia today NapsteR...

you too BF - sounds like silly child's games to me - let your work be above reproach and beyond criticism

D
Old 01-03-2013, 04:11 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

My thoughts are with you Napster, but you have to do what's right for Kia as painful as it is, that's what makes you a good doggy parent. You've given her a good life full of happy memories so let those memories keep you going. ((( ))) Big hugs, be strong. xxx
Old 01-03-2013, 04:51 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Grace thanks, your totally right. I have to somehow get they this. After all I worked at this current job before this other person did and I know I am a good person. There's things I could bring up about her if I get written up or something but I feel like I shouldn't bring myself to her level yet at the same time feel like I need to stand up for myself.

Napster that's very brave to sit there when Kia goes thru that. It's hard to do but it's so neat that you can be comforting her in her last minutes. Quality of life plays a huge role of deciding when it's time and having her head down and shaking doesn't sound too good. Know that she will be comfortable and at peace again.

Well not gonna lie, dreading going back to work aka the battlefield. I will try and hold my own best I can. I feel so hurt. I prayed a lot about it and I have to let it go somehow. The end result and how everything turns out is outa my hands. Have to just put on a smile and continue on. I have worked to hard for my sobriety to give in and drink again bc of some person.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

I feel for you Napster, I had to go through this 2 weeks ago.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I'm sending lots of loving thoughts out to our Undies going through difficult times this week. Each day we now feel everything, no hiding behind the bottle.

Warm hugs for Napster and pet, Kia.
BoozeFree, you will rise above the persons criticism.
Take care,
Bloss
Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hi gang. On day 34 here and thought I would add another great thread to my routine. It will take me awhile to catch up here but I look forward to it. I already know some of you from other ongoing threads and look forward to learning more about everybody.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Thurs 8pm

Hi Undies

Warm welcome to you TTBABP. Look forward to getting to know you also. Great bunch here.

Boozefree Nothing worse when you dread going into work, rise above this situation and you'll come out best. Thinking of you.

Napster I'm so sorry you're having to make this painful decision, thank heavens your sober and there for Kia. Hugs

Hi Duane How you doing?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Grace Hope you get a better sleep tonight. Maybe I should just leave the fags until Easter and tackle the weight issue first.

Exhausted tonight after a great day out. It was lovely to spend time with hubby hangover free and with a clear head. Hope he sticks with the no drinking but if he doesn't we'll be fine.

Maybe catch you all later
x
Old 01-03-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Afternoon Undies

Nicky: 8:00 p.m., already evening in your part of the world. I hope the day treated you well. Take care

TTBABP: Hello, 34 days is really great, glad you're here with the group

Duane: hope you are doing well this week

Critica: Hows it going in the New Year for you?

See you all later
Bloss
Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies. Just a quick check-in for me today.

NapsteR - My heart goes out to you. I had to make the same decision about my dog. It's hurtful. Stay strong and sober.

Boozefree - this situation at work sucks, but you know, they say about such people "Those Who Throw Dirt at others, Lose Ground". Don't let be emotionally involved in this, though it''s not easy. It's just not worth it. Hold on.

Nicky - glad you had a good time)

And my best wishes to all.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

MidNight: Just saying hi back to you!
Bloss
Old 01-03-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Good evening my lovely Undies

I'm so tired I'm not going to write much this evening, manic day with the three g.children all tired, ratty and squabbling, they were even arguing about who had the most bubbles in the bath! Oh the joys!

Boozefree, rise above it, be a bigger person than your colleague. I'm loaning you one of my daily 'mantra's' to think about in work
'' Just for today: I will exercise my soul in three ways: I will do somebody a good turn
and not get found out; if anybody know of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don’t want to do– just for exercise. I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt: they may be hurt but today I will not show it.''

Hi Duane, I hope you've had a peaceful day, stick with us and stay strong.

Hi Bloss I hope all is well.

TTABPT welcome to the Undies, that's what we call ourselves. Haven't we met somewhere before? Day 34 is fabulous, well done you. There's a great bunch of people here and we talk about all kinds of day to day things as well as our addictions.

Thanks Nicky, I'll do my best, sounds like you had a really good day with your family, I'm glad, you deserve it.xx

Midnight, hi to you too. (( )) /tanja and you too! (( ))

Sleep well Undies
Old 01-03-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Good Evening Undies,

The situation blew over and my husband was remorseful and embarassed about his behavior. It really isn't my sponsor's place to tell me what do with my animals. I think Bloss said it well when she said "Stay strong to your beliefs and values". Peyton has his issues and for the time being I intend upon doing everything I can to help him overcome them. I did tell my sponsor that at 5 months sober that I am still very fragile and that this is certainly not a decision that I need to make right now. I've seen far too many animals returned for a lot less transgressions that were euthanized.

Napster - My heart goes out to you and Kia. I think that the only thing that would help me in that situation is viewing it through a different lense. My mother (who is the end stage of alzheimers) used to always say "we can put animals to sleep, but we can't do that for people". Which is so true. To be able to alleviate Kia's pain and have the financial resources to do so is a blessing. God bless you for being with her and holding her. You and Kia will be in my prayers.

Boozefree - It sounds like you are in a good place today. Do not let this envious and disagreeable person endanger your hard-fought sobriety! I think time will tell and this persons true colors will be obvious to the owners wife.

Welcome TTBABP!

Nicky - So glad to hear that you had a lovely day!

Grace - I hope you get a good night's sleep.

Wishing everyone a lovely evening!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Big thanks to everyone for their support with my work situation! The support here is awesome! And it really helped. If I didn't post about it here I'm certain I would've let my emotions get the best of me and gone out n drank. I prayed thru out the day for my negative thoughts to be removed and to stay positive. I felt like giving up yesterday but I will not. Tomorrow I will have 89 days sober and that is my record for longest sobriety. I've been trying to stay sober since Jan 2010. I can't believe I have together almost 3 months! Time has flown by and I am so happy to be on this great journey.

Tanja glad to hear your not giving up on your dog. Best of luck with training ect.

Grace I love that just for today quote you posted! Thank you.

And everyone else I hope your having a good evening.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Administrator

woo hoo BF

D
Old 01-04-2013, 02:40 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

10.30 Fri

Good morning Friday F'undies

It's a bit quiet here yet. I've got my usual Friday shannanigins with the g.children, we have our fun day on a Friday, so it's off to the soft play area we go. I managed to get some sleep last night too, which is always a bonus.

Tanja, I'm so pleased that that situation has blown over, I thought it might, I bet you're relieved, those doggies are so lucky to have you. You have a good day.

Glad we could help B.F, the good people here have saved me on many an occasion. You have the right attitude, stay focused and don't let anyone or anything get you down, you've done amazingly well and come so far, too far to let it slip now. Be proud of yourself, I'm proud of you.

See you all later.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will make a conscious effort to be aggreable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I'll not speak ill of others. I will improve my appearance, speak softly, and not interrupt when someone else is talking.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

What a great post Grace.
Well, things are just flowing along here. Sometimes I find myself waiting for something bad to happen. I think this might be from many years of being in chaos and now I can see and think mostly clearly (I still suffer from anxiety)... This fear of waiting for bad things to happen is almost crippling sometimes. So I take a deep breath, sign on to this site and see that I am not only not alone, but in a good place.
Happy Friday everyone!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Critica, I can absolutely relate to your post! Things get so nice that I kinda wait for someone to rip the carpet out from under me, ya know?
Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Back from the soft play area and the children are having a quiet 10 mins watching Peppa Pig for the umpteenth time! You can't imagine how sick I am of that pig!!!

Aww thank you Critica, I used to wake up every morning with a sense of foreboding, but it does happen less and less as time goes on and I hardly ever get it now. You're definitely not alone here, you have us and we have you. xxx

Hi Kevah, really it does get better by the day, you'll see.

Catch up with you later.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Hello all!
So I haven't been on this thread (One year and under) for very long and I was wondering what methods people here use to keep themselves sober? I've never gone to an AA meeting. When I quit, I gave myself one more chance to do it without AA. Basically, I couldn't afford not to quit w/ the pain my liver was giving me every time I drank. It made drinking pretty unenjoyable. The thoughts of drinking have never really left me though. However, that same thought terrifies the heck out of me. I can't afford a relapse because I know my AV wants nothing more than to drink till drunk every night. I am not one that thinks I can have one drink and go about my day. Maybe it is just the holidays that got me romanticizing about alcohol again. So I guess I was wondering where everyone is at w/ their recovery? I don't think I am in great danger right now of a relapse, but it troubles me that I can't shake the thought of alcohol. Sometimes I also think that coming to SR constantly brings up alcohol and it would be so nice if I could put it as something in my past and not think about it anymore. Any thoughts?