Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 10

Old 12-31-2012, 06:12 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey Tanja does tht me that you and I both have to address *smoking* AND *diet* in the New Year, phewwwww.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

10:20a.m.

Morning Undies

The last morning here in CA of 2012, looking forward to an entirely sober 2012.

Nicky: it's probably getting near evening in your part of the world, sounds like you're ready to enjoy a nice Time, do take care and post everything fun, not so fun, or feelings about the party. Looking forward to a sober 2013!

Tanja: hope sleep improves, this is a struggle, it seems for quite a few of us. Really knocks the joy of life out some days. Take care and hug the fur kids too.

MB: good for you, thank goodness he didn't just show up at your door or leave it there. You didn't go on too long, AV got the big knockout! Thank you for the lovely poem.

Grace: Did it stay quiet at work today? Sounds like your dad is holding his own, big hug to you. Stay strong, you punched the AV right in the nose. Might not come back too often!

To all of you posting or just reading, warm wishes for a healthy, happy NewYear
Bloss
Old 12-31-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

What better way is there to spend New Years Eve than being with my virtual family.
Dad's not too bad, all p'j'd and dressing gowned up for the night but very confused.com he thought there was a bus behind the curtains in the living room today! Bless him.

Midnight, phew, that was a lucky escape, thank God your ex didn't just turn up with that champagne or just leave it on your doorstep, someone was looking out for you! These ex's have a lot to answer for! Good for you declining the gift, what a great start to the New Year.
Thank you for your kind words, I've been called some things in my life but never a gem! Lol. Your poem is fabulous, I hope you keep a record of them.

Tanja, it's really good to see you back posting, I missed you and I'm sorry to hear you've had a black cloud time. I can appreciate how you feel with the insomnia, I have bouts of it too, very often, then I get so tired I feel like a zombie on auto pilot. We can cope with things so much better when we've had some sleep.
Re your nephew, a litre of strong liquor is a huge amount and unfortunately like most young people his age, he has to learn from his own mistakes but he is lucky to have you for support and to help pick up the pieces when it all goes pear shaped, which it will. It's so sad to hear of someone so young with a bad addiction, such a waste, I hope he realises this before he is much older. Sometimes I could shake them!
As from tomorrow, I am going to be eating healthy, I never had a sweet tooth until I stopped drinking and now I'm a monkey for sweet stuff, not good, I'm too short to carry loads of weight, so it all stops tonight.
Thank you too for being here on this journey with me. Give the furbabies a big sloppy New Years kiss from me.

Nicky, what a lovely thing to say. Enjoy your sober party tonight and stay focused though I have no doubts that you will.

My dear Bloss, thank you for your support and yes my Dad is quite a strong person, to look at him he looks well, good colour, well dressed and he's fed well, such a shame his body and mind are failing him. Age is cruel.
Yes it stayed quiet in work and I finished at 14.00, yay, off tomorrow and then back in on Wednesday.
That was probably my worst attack of the A.V's since I came here, but it's gone now, phew, thank goodness, I can't give in to it, I just wont.

Anyway, thank you all for being here with me, for your love, kindness and understanding. I feel blessed to know you all and I'll see you in 2013.

Sleep well.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Midnight awesome poem!

Tanja I totally can relate to your nephew. I'm 26. For years I drank 20plus beers a day and up until the age 23 when I first tried getting sober I didn't think much of it since I surrounded my self with the few friends I had left that drank just as much if not more. So by being around those people I actually thought there was nothing wrong with drinking that much and I also didn't care about life at all. I hope he can choose sobriety too sooner than later.

At work today I heard all about everyone's crazy party plans while I stood there quite. One co worker is even having a big party. All the party talk made me think about drinking and feel sorry for myself. Good thing I only have a couple dollars to my name so I can't buy any beer. Even tho I feel kinda down I won't drink. Just watch tv and go to sleep early.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 12-31-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

What's this one all about? Can I post in here? Im about 6 weeks off drugs and not even one day off alcohol.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're welcome here too MLC

D
Old 12-31-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Yay
Old 12-31-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE SPECIAL UNDIES

Just a quick check in . Had a great sober night. Talk more tomorrow
x
Old 12-31-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
EFC

Happy New Year everybody! I hope everybody has a safe, fun, and sober night. Very non-eventful evening for me as my girlfriend is coming over later and we're just going to spend the night in. Looking forward to a happy and healthy 2013!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good one guys

D
Old 12-31-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

03.20 and I can't sleep!

Boozefree, you have such fortitude, be proud of yourself, I'm proud of you.

MlC, a massive welcome to 'The Undies' as we call ourselves. 6 weeks ish off drugs is huge, new year, new start now so have you made plans to stop drinking. I'm going into my 5th month now and honestly though I have had some trying times my life is so much better and I am so much more productive. There's a lovely bunch of people here so stick with us. xx

Nicky that is great, I was thinking about you, can't wait to hear all about it.

Efc, happy new year to you too, Have a good night with your g.friend and be good
Old 12-31-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome grace.

Yep, I'm just stopping. I'm going I try and remember this awful hangover and how it feels!!

I've told my husband that's what I want to do so he will keep me accountable and naturally he is very happy.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

happy new year undies,

and best of wishes in the new year ahead for you all
Old 01-01-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

New Years Day 11am

Warm welcome MLC and what a great start to 2013 awaits you. Congratulations on your 6weeks drugs free that's superb.

EFC Your evening sounds lovely and peaceful. Hope it was a good one.

Well Undies I survived the Hogmannay Party alot easier than I thought. Hubby and I agreed before we went that when I had enough we would go and he stuck to his word but by tht time it was 2.30am I can't believe how much I enjoyed it without booze.

The start of the evening was very loud and irritating but I soon got used to it and got into the swing of things.

Scary moment when my friend wanted me to try her new Alcoholic drink, said no, no again and she kept on at me. There it was right in front of me and not even the slightest inclination to drink.

So I spent a lovely, sober evening with my kids and hubby and remember everything. Feeling fresh, no guilty drink feelings this morning. On the downside my friend was supposed to take her cousin to the airport this morning and obviously was way too drunk this morning so muggins here got the privilage of getting up at 6.30 to do the airport run........lol

Back home again, PJ's back on and chilling n the sofa and I'll be fit to eat my big Streak-Pie dinner later.

All in all a fantastic sober and happy start to 2013.

Happy New Year Undies and may all your dreams come true for a happy, healthy year ahead.

Thank you all so much for being here when I needed you.
x
Old 01-01-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Rusty! x
Old 01-01-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Welcome MLC and congrats on the 6 weeks drug free.

Happy New Years everyone!

Up super early watching Law and Order SVU. Glad to wake up sober and not hungover. I have to swing by work for a but this morning. Hopefully hang around the house and relax for a few hours later.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 01-01-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi Boozefree I'm so happy you had a good sober New Year. I must commend you on your attitude to your sober journey, at such a young age too. I wish I had the strength to realise my problem when I was your age. Very diificult but what a life you have to look forward too, Take care and enjoy your day.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Happy sober New Year's Day All,

Nicky - I am trying to focus on more healthy eating in the New Year. Smoking can wait I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself at the party and had a great time. That's amazing that your friend was trying to push alcohol on you and you didn't have the slightest urge. You should be so incredibly proud of yourself! You are such an inspiration. It sounds like you have a really nice New Year's Day planned.

Grace - I too have a horrible sweet tooth since I stopped drinking. I think the insomnia makes it worse because it makes me fly to the sugary foods. It gives me a lift and comforts me at the same time. I hope you got an opportunity to sleep in today!

Boozefree - You are such an inspiration to recognize that you have a drinking problem and tackling it at such a young age. I believe you are one strong young woman! You didn't miss anything at those parties except a massive hangover I do hope that you get an opportunity to enjoy New Year's Day. You really deserve to treat yourself to something nice today. Perhaps, a nice, warm bath? Are you trying AA as well? I believe we can't have enough support systems in place.

Welcome Midlifecrises!

My New Year's Eve consisted of going with my sponsor and friend to an AA meeting. I picked up another pink 5 month chip. We all then went out to dinner. It was a very nice evening and a fary cry from when I would be using New Year's Eve as an excuse to get drunk. It is such a blessing to wake up and not be horribly hungover. I plan on attending another AA meeting tonight with my nephew.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and happy New Year's Day.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I had a long discussion with my wife about why I need to be sober. I have a few days under my belt as I enter 2013. We had another couple over last night with their kids and just played. I was in bed by 10pm. I will be hear more often as it keeps accountable.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Tanja Your evening sounded lovely, very calming. bet you felt great this morning. I;m so happy you enoyed your evening and got anothe shiny pink coin. Very few meetings here give out *chips* coins here. I've got all mine taking pride of place in my cabinet.

Enjoy your meeting this evening.

WWG Good to hear from you. Stay strong.