Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 10

Old 01-02-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Well, back to work! I did indeed have a good holiday all in all. A few tearful moments, but for the most part I appreciate being sober through it all.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! It's been a whirlwind of a week and I don't think I'm ever going to catch up on posts at SR. lol I feel so out of the loop!

Tanja, I did read about your New Year's I don't really have any advice, I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. I wish I could make things better!

I hope everyone had a good 31st/1st. We watched movies and played games. It was just the 4 of us. At midnight we drank grape juice in our plastic champagne flutes and took pictures of the beginning of our new year. I had such a nice time, and I remember every moment. I don't remember anything from last new year, and that's ok now. I don't really want to remember it. This year, surrounded by my sons, my silly pup, and the man who is the love of my life, is the best I've ever had.

I have to admit, being off of work has spoiled me. I really don't look foward to going back Monday! I'm loving being home!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Good Wednesday Morning @ 8:30 a.m.

I've been reading everyone's posts. I feel like I'm at a meeting and all the "sharing" is just wonderful. I'm just planning on getting things in order here, we just returned from the coast after being away almost a week. Of course better eating, more exercise is on my list, like most everyone else. I'll see how that goes!

Tanja: your post really touched me, I so hope a way will be found for your pets to be safe and happy. I will pray for you and your spouse. Stay strong, be true to your beliefs and values. Sending caring thoughts your way.

Grace: really glad to hear you're getting a few days away from work, enjoy the time with the children!

Nicky: I am so happy to hear about your husband giving up the drink. Finding sober activities to do together will be an adventure.

Napster: welcome to the group, glad you are here!

Midnight Blue: 80 days, big congrats to you! Hope the week is treating you well, stay warm

Bloss
Old 01-02-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Hello All,
Made it through the holidays sober. There was one time I went out w/ my neighbor that made me miss being able to drink w/ everyone else, but I got through it. Hit 7 months on Jan 1st. Took almost the whole holiday week and a half off. W/ a 3 and 5 year old, I wanted to be home with them. Things haven't exactly been going so well with my wife. I thought quitting drinking would help our situation, but it really hasn't. My wife used to be a huge trigger for my drinking when she would yell at me. I avoid the drinking now, but the yelling really has put me into a shell in my own home. I feel like everything I say is thrown back in my face and it really makes me avoid talking to her. 5 minutes later, she expects me to bounce right back and ignore the way she talks to me. Unfortunately, I can't just bounce back like that.
Anyway, Tanja I am so sorry for the situation you are going though. Being a dog lover it would pain me to return a dog. I had to do it many years ago and I can imagine how hard it is. My thoughts are with you.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Nicky: hope the headache lifts soon, karting like in little cars on a track? Sounds interesting and fun.

Napster: so sorry to hear about your much loved dog, whatever happens, I'm sure you will be doing the most kind, loving thing for your pet that you are able to do.
Take care everyone
Bloss
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Duane: 7 months is really great! Take care of yourself, hope things get easier on the home front
Bloss
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi Critica, Duane and Kevah great to have you all posting again.

Kevah you'll always fit into this loop.

Duane You did brilliantly whilst out with your neighbour. Congratulations on your 7 months, fabby! You should be very rpoud of yourself.

bloss It's kind of like small racing cars, they call it Extreme Karting. Just a pity my youngest can't join in as the kids need to be over 10.
Glad to have you back from the coast. Missed ya!

Catch you all later
x
Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Oh Damnation, I just got half way through posting and lost it all, I did that somewhere last night too. Poo!

Welcome back Critica, I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Kevah, you'll soon get back into the swing of things I'm sure. Sounds like you had the perfect New Years eve, sober and surrounded by your loved ones, what more could you ask for? I like being at home too, I just never get bored of it.

Bloss, it's good to have you back, you were missed. I hope you enjoyed your break at the coast and the cobwebs got blown away. Yes, I've got a few days off now with the children, I may make biscuits with them tomorrow if it's still raining, it's easy enough to do and it keeps them occupied.

Duane, congratulations on 7 months and what a brilliant date to to celebrate that landmark. You're just awesome.
I'm sorry to here you're going through a rocky patch with your lady wife, we all get them and we've certainly had our share of black times, very often caused by me and my evil ex friends, called Savignon Blanc and co.
I know it's easier said than done but try and rise above it, don't bite the bait, keep cool and hopefully it will pass, the main concern is that your children are happy and well balanced. Feel free to vent if it helps, we're all here for you. Actions speak louder than words as I've learnt from experience. Stay strong.

See you all later.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Lets see more healthy eating until next month maybe? Then it will be Valentines Day...I was in a store yesterday and already saw signs of hearts and flowers, alongside the discounted holiday things. It seems like there is always a holiday coming up. Kind of funny.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post

Kevah, I like being at home too, I just never get bored of it.

Neither do I! A quote that I didn't truly understand until I started this journey is: "A grateful heart is one that finds the countless blessings of God in the seemingly mundane everyday life"

Boredom just doesn't really exist for me anymore. I am amazed at the peace that flows through my life most days.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Kevah: Very nicely put, each sober day is a gift
Bloss
Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

It is so good to hear from all the well wishes from everyone....too many to count. You all have been a great inspiration to read about and truly give me something to shoot for. I thought it would be nuts to talk to strangers online about my downfalls, but after a few days, I feel like I can finally let loose and, like stated above, surround myself with people who get me! I feel sometimes that I am alone in a packed room, but with support from my wife and people around me, it is getting easier. Hope and prayers to all of you!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
Kevah: Very nicely put, each sober day is a gift
Bloss
Couldn't have put it better.

I'm with you on the healthy eating Bloss, well after the birthday cake tomorrow....lol I need to cut down on my caffeine intake also.

rPdopd It's so much easier to share with likeminded people. This forum has been a tremendous help for me too. Glad your feeling positive.

Grace I'm forever losing posts

Well that's everything done and prepared for tomorrow. My mum popped in earlier, she's been away over New Year and she was actually our First Foot so had to offer her a drink. It was great that hubby resisted and had only sparkling lemon juice as too did I.

So nice to relax at last in the evenings and not worry about hubby drinking too much. I must have been a nightmare when I was drinking.

Catch you all tomorrow.
x
Old 01-02-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

End of Day 32 - just been for my first run in about 2 years - also threw the rest of my tobacco in the bin this morning. Just about made 2 and a half miles, coughing and wheezing like a goodun right now, will do a run a week and see how it goes, have dug out an old rowing machine I bought off ebay a while back and will give that a go aswell.

*off to collapse on the sofa*

have a good night all!

A
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Duane congrats on the 7 months!

Tanja I really hope everything works out for the best with your dog. If you do rehome maybe try breed specific rescue or a rescue that could foster rather than end up in a shelter.

Napster sorry to hear about the tough decision of putting your dog down. It's never an easy thing.

I am having a horrible day at work. A co worker never really has gotten a long with me and now making it her mission to like get rid of me. Trying to stay positive and thankfully only 3 more hours to go. In the past when this al happened about a yr ago it upset me to the point if constantly running home and drinking. Now that, that is no longer an option I thought venting here would help. Other people have told me this certain person feels threatened by me as far as my skill level goes. This is my first person I haven't gotten a long with in the work environment. I typically can get a long with just about anyone. Ok enough ranting. Back to work.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hey Boozefree It's good to share your feelings. It helps me heaps. Hope the work situation eases up soon.

Napster I'm not brave enough yet to give up the ciggies, so good for you. Hope you're not trying to tackle too much at once. I'm starting my health kick straight after my daughter's party tomorrow.......lol honestly I am.

Nighty night folks
x
Old 01-02-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

BoozeFree: hope situation at your work eases up a bit, venting does help when tension mounts up. Much better than letting it build up too long.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

So grateful for SR today. This has to be the worst day I've had in awhile. After posting earlier the day only got worse to the point where I was in tears and left an hour early. My work situation is so complicated with my boss passing away Dec 4th and then this co worker telling lies to my boss' wife who is now always stopping by. Turns out she told on me for saying f*#%* the other day and then who knows what else was said about me. Ugh. It's so hard when your an honest hard working person and someone is constantly trying to get you down. I went thru this for months last yr and it made me dread going to work and now she's at it again! This is going to be a real struggle getting thru sober.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

04.05 and I've got insomnia!!

Bloss, we had Easter Eggs in the supermarkets here between Christmas and the New Year!!
I'm going to give it my best shot with the healthy eating now, I'm joining a slimming group tomorrow/today. Maybe I can lose my bingo wings and love handles for the summer!

Kevah, yes it's a feel good kind of a feeling!

Hi RPDopn, good to see you again and I'm really glad to hear you're getting some support, you're part of our virtual family now and we're all here for you. The more support we get from each other the better it is, it really helps me to know that I'm not the only one with a wine allergy and that I can talk and be open about it here without being looked down upon.
You're so lucky to have a supportive wife too, treasure her. Hope and prayers to you too.

Nicky enjoy your day with your girls, happy birthday to the birthday girl. All good news with your husband. Yay.
Enjoy the birthday cake, then onto the healthy eating, lol, you could think about giving the cigs up after Easter, one thing at a time.

Napster, well good for you, I'm going to remove the garments hanging on my exercise bike in the spare room and give it a go of what it is supposed to be used for! ha ha,

Boozefree, breathe, one, two, three, breath, one, two, three, okay now rise above it. It sounds like a bit of the old green eyed monster to me, she's jealous of you. Rise above it and don't bite the bait. Don't play into her hands by letting her upset you and turning you back to the booze, can't you see that's what she would love, don't give her the satisfaction, stay cool, keep your head down and keep focused, she's not worth it, she'll soon give up if she sees she's not getting to you. Be strong, stronger than the booze, stronger than her, you can do this. Vent here all you like, do whatever it takes.

Be good, see you later.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

bugger, booked Kia (the dog) in for her last appointment tomorrow at 18:15, previously the booze kept me insulated from emotion when not actually completely blasted. Now emotions are all abit raw and all over the place, going to have to face this uncut so to speak. Going to sit with her while she goes, least I can do... it's a very tough call, she's still happy 10% of the time but 90% of the time she's either asleep or sitting with her head hung and shaking... this sucks