Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 10

Old 12-29-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Are you getting a break form us guys at New Year Dee? You do a smashing job, thank you
Old 12-29-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Grace hope the rain lightens up for you!

Bloss a hike sounds fun.

Germanos the gym sounds like a good way to beat those cravings

Tanja I think that's really neat that you took your nephew to a meeting!

On a lil break right now trying to catch up on SR. I've been. A lil distant the past few days and the cravings are kicking in today. I got in an argument with my sister earlier over my concern for her drinking and driving since she already has 1 DUI and she ended it by saying " we'll atleast I can have fun when I drink and know how to stop" that really upset me. But hey it is true. After all I chose sobriety bc I am powerless over alcohol.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!
Old 12-29-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Hope your day is faring well. I have had a quiet day and enjoy them while I can. School starts back up Friday, and my work week as well!

Love the snowman, MB

Tanja, enjoy your chip! I just traded out my pink one for a blue 6mo, but I loved that pink one. I think I am going to treasure that 7month one coming up, cause it will mean I made it through my first holiday!

Heading out for a meeting in a few...hoping the snow stays faaaarrrrr away. At least till I get home. I am a southernor at heart and don't drive well in this traffic, let alone when there is snow or ice falling.

Have a blessed evening, all!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Boozefree I feel your pain with what your sis said. We may know it's true but it sure does hurt anyway. Not surprised you guard was down a little Well done in resisting the temptations. Stay strong.

Kevah Enjoy your meeting and I'm desperate for some snow, a real big heavy fall would be lovely.........lol Safe driving!

x
Old 12-29-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Caledonia1 View Post
Are you getting a break form us guys at New Year Dee? You do a smashing job, thank you
LOL NYE is not big for me - and I'm not very mobile at the moment anyway - so I'll be around Nicky...

D
Old 12-29-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

00.30 Bedtime

Quick one before bed ( that isn't an offer by the way!!!)

Bloss it's miraculous to me that I can post hang over free on a Saturday morning, let alone be posting sober now at this time! It feels so good.I hope you managed to get your hike.
I can never sleep in the day, no matter how tired I am sleep just won't come, it's like I can't relax enough, or maybe it's because my Mother used to say people who slept in the day are lazy!! Who knows.

Germanos, it's really good to see you back. I hope you had a good Christmas too. Stay strong and keep fighting those demons.

Midnight, sleep well, the rain is okay when you're sat inside round a nice fire all cosy warm, as is snow, but it just doesn't know when to stop. The snowman is fab.

Nicky, it's really good that your brother is going to get some professional help, lets hope it gets him on the right track. He's very lucky that he can confide in you too. I would love someone to be able to confide in without the fear of being gossiped about or condemned, but there is no one I would trust, other than my friends here who know how it is!
The baby, I'll call him O from now on slept for two hours! Yay and he still went to bed early. We played with Chuggington before he went down!
No reason why you can't have fun staying sober at Hogmanay, just think of all the people watching you'll be able to do and all the things you'll be able to remember that the others won't. Go for it, you sound as if you've planned it wisely.

Boozefree, no, it's still raining and forecast to do so for the next couple of days the go very cold! What fun!
Rise above the comments, one of my daily mantra's is
'Just for today: I will exercise my soul in three ways: I will do somebody a good turn
and not get found out; if anybody know of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don't want to do-- just for exercise. I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt: they may be hurt but today I will not show it.'

Kevah a quiet day is not a bad thing, I'm quite happy with quiet. Hope you made it safely to your meeting.

Dee take it easy and get some rest, look after yourself. We need you to keep well to look after us. xx

See you all tomorrow

Sleep well
Old 12-29-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good evening/ Night Undies

The rain held off, we had a pleasant afternoon, walk on beach, garden centre, art gallery. Then a patio lunch, Blossom had her own burger patty and she was one happy dog.

Grace: isn't it interesting how babies can take a long nap and still go to bed fairly early, guess they just wear themselves out. At least you got a break.

Nicky: you'll probably have a great time, I want to hear all the details of the party the next day. I'm staying home, maybe I'll talk my hubby into a game of scrabble.

BoozeFree: sounds like you are concerned for your sister. It takes courage to admit our inability to drink. By admitting we are powerless over drinking, we give ourselves power.

MB: Yes, the rain held off, just barely. Thanks for the snowman

Kevah, Germanos, Dee and everyone posting or taking a break from posting
Have a great night
Bloss
Old 12-30-2012, 03:30 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Sorry Dee, I've copied and pasted this from my August class, just to save time. I hope you understand.

Morning. Very quick post from me. I've been up half the night, my Dad got rushed into hospital during the early hours. Another T.I.A. He seems stable now though very, very confused. I've nipped home for a couple of hours to get some clothes and sort a few things out. I've had to come here on S.R as on the way home, I really, really, really wanted to go and get a bottle of wine. I didn't, I can't, I mustn't and I won't. I thought H.A.L.T and I'm two out of the four, hungry and tired, I've made a quick bacon sandwich, a cup of tea and the urge is subsiding.
Thank you all for helping me.

I'll post later if I can.

Just for today: I will be un-afraid.
Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what
is beautiful,and to believe that as I give to the
world, so the world will give back to me.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies. I feel fine, off to the gym now.

Grace, hold on. It takes a lot to deal with this situation and maintain sobriety. Take care of youself. My thoughts are with you and your Dad. You are always positive, and vibrant, and inspire any of us. We are here for you to give as mush support as we can. I wish I could help more than with just soothing words. I hope everything will be better soon.

Thinking of you.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thank you Midnight, I'm holding on and your soothing words help me more than you know. Thank you for being there for me.

Brought Dad home this afternoon as he had stabilized and there is not really anything they can do for him. He's home, he's warm and safe but he's very, very confused. He doesn't remember a thing about the hospital, which is probably for the best.
I'm in work tomorrow, though I really don't feel up to it, I'm only in until 14.00 though, so I'll cope with it. I'll probably post while I'm there as I think it will be quiet.

See you tomorrow Undies, sleep well.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Dearest Grace
You did well to jump on SR and I'm so sorry I wasn't on earlier but you seemed to cope great. I'm glad your Dad has stabilised as TIA's can be very distressing indeed. Can't you just take a sicky tomorrow, you have a perfectly good reason and you would benefit from the rest at home.
Tomorrow is going to be hard enough without the added strain and worry.
Use all your defenses, stay strong and post as much as you can. Chin up and take care.x
Old 12-30-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Evening Undies almost midnight here.

bloss I laughed when you mentioned the Scrabble. My hubby and I spent the evening building Lego City........haha Rock n' Roll lifestyle now but happy, sober and no hangover or guilty feelings tomorrow.
Every detail will be remembered from the party just hope I can last the pace. Drink aleays kept me going so tomorrow I plan to stay at home.

Midnight Wish I could get an ounce of your gym enthusiasm. I've just no motivation when it comes to exercise. I do wish for some though.

Grace I find it difficult to share honestly with friends and family at times that's why I too love you guys here. A safe place. Look after yourself.

Tanja How's your nephew fairing? I just keep thinking how horrible this illness must seem to a 24 year old.

Boozefree How you feeling today? Hope you and your sis have made up.

To you all here have a happy healthy evening and keep strong.
Thinking of you all and hope your sober journey is being kind to you.
x
Old 12-30-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Grace hope you and your dad are ok.must be tough especially with work tomorrow. Maybe skip it?

I'm gettin ready to go back to work. Been listening to music relaxing. No cravings today. Feeling happy about being sober. The longest stretch I've had since first attempting to get sober back in Jan 2010 is 89 days. I have 84 today so I'm approaching that time soon. I have to remind myself constantly to take it a day at a time and not to worry about tomorrow. I have so much to learn still with this new sober life and have already seen a lot of small changes. Still need to work on sticking to a healthier diet though.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 12-30-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

4:15 p.m. Sunday

Hello to all:

Grace: so sorry to hear about your dad, I'm so glad to hear he is holding his own. Way to go, the wine voice did not win, so good you recognized you were hungry, tired and just plain worried about your dad. Getting on SR has kept me sober a few times in the past months when things got tough. Take good care, I wish you could take the day off like Nicky mentioned. But, if not be extra careful and keep us posted.

BoozeFree: You made a great point, take it one day at a time and there is always more to learn in our sober journey.

M.B. The gym, sounds like a plan for the New Year

Nicky: I love it Lego City! Are you going to dress up for the party or go casual? Either way have a great time and take good care.

Everyone have a pleasant evening, night and take it easy tomorrow
Bloss
Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

bloss My daughter was gobsmacked I finished it as I've never had the patience before (due to foggy drink head) and yip going to get dressed up. Any excuse does me......lol

Have a good one.x
Old 12-31-2012, 03:45 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

11.15 Mon

Good morning Monday F'Undies

I'm in work and it's pretty quiet, I phoned Mum earlier and Dad had a good nights sleep, the first in a long while, which is good because it gave my Mum chance to catch up on some too. She said his speach is very jumbled this morning, but he is dressed and has eaten his porridge. I'll call round on the way home from work.
I went to bed early, but it took me ages to get to sleep, I couldn't relax for listening out for the phone to ring.

Thanks Nicky and thank goodness for S.R. The urge has well passed now, honestly! I won't give in to it. I did think about ringing in sick, but although my company is not very compassionate where sickness is concerned, in my Dad case they have been good to me, probably because I don't abuse the system, and I have had quite a few 'dependancy' days over the last twelve months. As we are closing at 14.00 I thought, all being well, that I would come in because goodness knows what the next twelve months may throw my way!
Enjoy the party tonight and I look forward to reading a sober report tomorrow.

Nicky and Bloss I love both scrabble and lego.

Thanks Boozefree. 84 days is pretty damn good and I know you will beat your previous record hands down, just stay focused and stick close. We can do this together.
I'm joining a slimming class on Thursday evening with my friend, fingers crossed and I'm going to make a big effort to lose weight and get slim in 2013.

Bloss, thank you as always for your wise words. I've never used H.A.L.T before and it just popped into my head as I was driving home! Someone was obviously looking after me, thank goodness. Don't worry, I am being careful.

Again, thank you all for helping me through the difficult times.

Tanja, I've missed you, is everything okay?

Better go and do a bit of work now but no doubt I'll be back later.

Stay safe and sober
Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appal me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime
Old 12-31-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I escaped a bomb in my fridge)))

Hi, my dear Undies. I decided that New Year Eve isn't an excuse to skip my swimming workout, so I had a great one. And when I was in the changing room after workout, my ex called me and asked if I was at home. He was heading to his folks for New Year, and on his way wanted to drop by and give a NY gift. I said that I won't be at home for another hour. "Ok, it will be gift for Xmas, then". I asked, what was the gift. A bottle of Dom Perignon! My, shoot me out of misery. I was lucky that I wasn't at home because if he showed up with this staff, I really don't know what would I do. I don't want Champaigne, I mean it. But if this staff was in front of me it would be too much of temptation. I had it just a couple of times, but remember that it has fantastic taste and even doesn't smell alco. So I said: "Fine. I don't drink alco any more. Keep it and share it with your folks". I resisted Dom Perignon on the New Year Eve! Sorry that I dwelled upon this for so long, but I feel like I won a big battle with my AV.

Grace - Glad to hear that your Dad had a good sleep and you have take some rest as well. Maybe, take some herbs for better sleeping, something that works for you? I remember when my Mom was in hospital I couldn't fall asleep either and just jumped almost up to the ceiling at every phone call. It was a torture. Take care of yourself. You are our SR gem)

Nicky - I could share a tonne of my gym enthusiasm with you) You know it has a lot in common with sobriety - it's hard to start, but it's getting better every day. The trick is to "entice" you into a gym even though your common sense keeps telling you that you are too tired, busy, etc, to exercise. It's wrong. I remember after absolutely hectic long days at work I dragged myself there and after workout I felt like I had "second breath". Give it a try) And your lego sounds such a fun!

Bloss - I hope there will be no rain for you on New Year Eve)

Boozefree - congrats on 84 days! And great decision about healthy diet)

New Year is just about 7 hours away my time, so I want to wish you Happy New Year. And that's my little NY poem to all the Undies)

I want to thank you, special folks,
For all support that you are sharing,
For warm, sincere, hearty talks,
And open-minded understanding.

I love this place, I love this thread,
And its fantastic atmosphere,
That wipes away every regret
The moment when I log in here.

Where everyone is just a person
Without social pretense,
Where hearts are kind and minds are open,
And all we live in present tense.

New Year's just around the corner,
Threshold, milestone, and new date,
Let's make it special being sober,
And holding reins of better fate.

I wish you Happiest New Year,
With light of souls shining bright.
Enjoy your life, get rid of fear!
I am with you this sober night.

Have great Holidays!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Grace - Great job on ignoring the urge to drink. Two of the four halt really puts us in the danger zone. Thank you for your selfless concern for me when dealing with the illness of your Dad. I am so happy to hear that he got a good night's sleep. I had been very down the past few days due to lack of sleep. I am still dealing with insomnia and may very well have to deal with it the rest of my life. Please take care of yourself and try and get some good rest tonight. You truly are an inspiration to us all

MidnightBlue - You are one strong lady! Potentially getting a surprise gift of champaigne on New Year's Eve, no less and turning it down. Kudos to you on remaining steadfast in your sobriety Your poem was just beautiful. You are so very talented!

Nicky - I am not so sure that my nephew is ready for sobriety. I sense a lot of ambivalence, which I suppose is understandable when you are just 24. I did ask him if he didn't notice that bad things happen when he drinks. He did acknowledge that. I also told him that when I was his age - I never bought into the progression of alcoholism and I couldn't have been more wrong. He admitted that he has already experienced that and can drink up to a litre of hard liquor. I was a beer drinker, so I don't know how much a litre of alcohol is, but it sounds like a lot. I need to give him a call today and find out what his plans for New Year's are.

Boozefree - Congratulations on 85 days That is a huge accomplishment. I too need to adopt a healthier diet. I have become addicted to sugar and basically eat whatever I want. I have put on some weight and I don't like it a bit. So, my goal is to slowly improve my diet. I really do hope that this helps me feel better physically.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences, love and support. It is truly amazing and inspiring to see the ability to overcome the cravings to drink. It gives me such hope and a feeling that I am not alone in this life and death struggle against alcoholism.

Wishing everyone a wonderful New Year's Eve and a sober New Year
Old 12-31-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Mon 2pm
Well that's the house all ready for the New Year, well everything except the kids rooms, defo not tackling that today.

Grace Be proud of yourself! Your're a star. It sure can be *cunning and baffling* when the urge strikes. No thanks required I'm just glad you we are all here for each other in our times of need.

Midnight What a lovely heartfelt peom. I'm so glad your ex managed to get you on the phone first and you were strong minded enough to resist. Yet another huge step overcome. Brilliant. Thank you for the New Year wishes about another 10hours for us here until the bells ring.

I'm not sure if I'' be back on here until the early hours of New Years Day so I'd like to wish you all a peaceful, Happy New Year and pray all your wishes come true.

I have to thank each and every one of you for all your support during 2012. You have been a godsend.

Catch you all in the New year, if not before.
xx
Old 12-31-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Tanja We must have been posting at the same time there. Sorry you've been feeling in a blue mood. I know how awful that can be ((hugs)) Lack of sleep makes life so difficult at times. Hope youget a decent sleep soon. Yeah kinda thought that at 24 years it may be difficult for your nephew. All you can do is be there for him, which you are. He's fortunate to have an Aunty like yourself.

Take Care and I pray your low mood lifts soon.
x