View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
duane1
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Hello all!
So I haven't been on this thread (One year and under) for very long and I was wondering what methods people here use to keep themselves sober? I've never gone to an AA meeting. When I quit, I gave myself one more chance to do it without AA. Basically, I couldn't afford not to quit w/ the pain my liver was giving me every time I drank. It made drinking pretty unenjoyable. The thoughts of drinking have never really left me though. However, that same thought terrifies the heck out of me. I can't afford a relapse because I know my AV wants nothing more than to drink till drunk every night. I am not one that thinks I can have one drink and go about my day. Maybe it is just the holidays that got me romanticizing about alcohol again. So I guess I was wondering where everyone is at w/ their recovery? I don't think I am in great danger right now of a relapse, but it troubles me that I can't shake the thought of alcohol. Sometimes I also think that coming to SR constantly brings up alcohol and it would be so nice if I could put it as something in my past and not think about it anymore. Any thoughts?