SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Under Club Part 10 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/278739-one-year-under-club-part-10-a.html)

Dee74 12-26-2012 12:54 PM

One Year & Under Club Part 10

continues from here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-20.html

D

bloss 12-26-2012 12:57 PM

Just afternoon check in. Relaxing and reading a good book. Catch you all later.
Bloss

Caledonia1 12-26-2012 02:21 PM

Me too, only evening check in and relaxing with some trash tv (back in the living room now) haha and everyone asleep. Peace at last. Love my wee family but sometimes it's just nice to be alone. :)

Grace2 12-26-2012 03:46 PM

23.10 Boxing day.

Hi everyone, it's been another soggy day here in North West U.K but at least I can say it's been a sober one. The A.V has got the message, no sign of him today. We went to my step daughters for a couple of hours today then came home about 15.00 and had a buffet here for my family. All nice and relaxed, partly because my son had a 'better offer' and didn't visit, so all went well. My daughter and her boyfriend and there two gorgeous children came and we just had a pleasant time.

Bloss, you're lucky to be able to take a break away to the coast and all couples get snappy when tired and stressed, we do anyway. I know you can't get away from your own thoughts, they are always there regardless, but a change of scenery sometimes help sort things our in your head, somehow.
And thanks, the A.V had definitely done a runner.

Tanja, congratulations on five months, that is huge, well done and what a shame you couldn't share it at a meeting after making the effort to go. What a bummer! It's still raining here, but mild. I can picture the samoyeds in the snow. Lol.
I'm really glad you've found a kind and caring sponsor, you deserve it.

Nicky, happy birthday to your daughter today and what a truly wonderful birthday present you've given her, a day to remember for such happy reasons. You did her and yourself proud. xxxx We've got Christmas out of the way now, just need to get next week over with too and we've cracked it, if we can get through the whole of the festive season we can get through anything!
Yes, it's sad about my Dad and it's really sad for my Mum, she looked rough yesterday I thought. I'm taking her out into town tomorrow for a couple of hours and my brother is going to babysit my Dad. It will do her good to get out for a while.
Oh and by the way, my other half plays the guitar too when he is in party mode. Not good!

Boozefree, you're not on your own with that rain. Don't work too hard. What do you do that you have to work on Boxing day?

Duane, that was a very scary moment and you did so well in how you managed it. Good stuff. That was a real test of your strength and you passed with flying colours.

June, you're doing really well, but just be careful. I found it easy to give up drinking when I did it previously, I don't know if it was because I didn't drink every night, I was a wine drinking binger who didn't drink on the nights before I was working, but made up for it on the other days. I didn't get withdrawals or bad cravings and therefore I became complacent. I didn't drink last Christmas, then went on holiday in the February, thought I could have a few as I obviously wasn't a wino, but wam bam, before I knew it I was back to square one and worst. I just want you to be aware, that's all. XXX

Anyway, with that, I'd better call it a day and go to bed.

Night night, sleep well.

Grace2 12-26-2012 04:34 PM

Tanja, look who's here, just for you! They were going to do a balloon dance, but it's not allowed here, they did a-peel, but were told to zip up!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Kevah 12-26-2012 06:03 PM

Hi friends! Visiting family in pA and checking in on my iPhone app, so I will make this brief. I read all posts but hate typing on this phone so I will just tell you all Hi!!! Heading home tomorrow. I will be so glad to get out of here and I will expound on that tomorrow! Still sober ONLY by the grace of God. I haven't had the desire to drink in a long time, but could have seen it happen today. Called my sponsor and got out for a bit! If we weren't in the middle of a sleet storm I would have gone to a meeting. *sigh* see y'all tomorrow :) Have a blessed night!

BoozeFree 12-26-2012 08:05 PM

Grace I am a veterinary technician.

Early night tonight. I've been feeling really tired lately. More than usual. I've only made it this long sober one other time in the 3 yrs of attempted sobriety and I kinda remember going thru the same thing in the past. Weird. Oh well, just means I'll go to sleep a little earlier tonight.

tanja 12-27-2012 03:45 AM

Good Morning Undies,

Grace - It sounds like you had a really good day yesterday. A buffet sounds lovely. Thank you so much for the dancing bananas! They are so cute and made me laugh.

Kevah - I am so sorry that your trip obviously didn't go as well as planned. Relieved to hear that you are still sober and that your faith is strong.

Boozefree - A vet tech! I could use on of those with 8 animals:) I had considered doing something along those lines, but realized it would probably be pretty stressful. Seeing scared pets, ill pets and terminal pets. God bless you for helping the animals!

I still haven't picked up my five month chip yet. Tonight is my service position and it is a speakers meeting so that they don't give out chips. My goal for tomorrow is definitely get to a meeting and pick up a pretty pink chip.

Wishing everyone a great day.

MidnightBlue 12-27-2012 06:16 AM

Hi, Undies!

I seem to finally shake off this "freeze stupor" and done with work.

Tanja - congrats on five months! :bday6

Kevah - have a safe trip home)

BoozeFree - hope you'lle get some rest and the days at work won't be stressful for you.

Grace - your AV surely knows who is the master in your head) Glad to hear you had a pleasent day today.

Bloss - Every time I read your posts I imagine the soothing image of the ocean. Glad you can enjoy it)

Nicky - Great you had some time to relax. Alone-time is just necessary to recharge our batteries.

My best wishes to you.

See you later)

duane1 12-27-2012 07:52 AM

About to snowblow a foot of snow from the driveway. Took today and tomorrow off to be w/ the family, so it should be a day filled with sledding once I get this done.
Have a great Thursday.
Congratulations on 5 months Tanja!

Grace2 12-27-2012 08:22 AM

16.05 Thursday

Hi Thursday F'undies

Took my Mum into town this morning and she got herself a coat half price in the sales and a couple of bits and bobs,so she was happy. Dad stayed with my brother and watched a Bee Gee's concert on dvd which he really enjoyed, so all is good.

Kevah, I can't type on my phone, it's takes me ages just to send a text, everyone laughs at me! Your trip sounds very ominous but as long as your okay that's all that matters.

Boozefree, I bet that can be very interesting, no two days the same.
It's very usual to be exhausted in early recovery, I don't know why, but it seems to be part of the recovery process.

Tanja, I really hope you get that pink chip tomorrow, at this rate you'll be getting your 6 month one with it.Lol.

Hi Midnight, glad you've got shut of the brain freeze, what's happened to those lovely poems lately? Get composing.

Duane, a sledding day sounds like a lot of fun, though I don't envy you the snow.

My son has just phoned and told me he's coming for his tea! Hmm, I'll bite my tongue while it's still the festive season!

Stay safe and sober

JUST FOR TODAY, I will refrain from improving anybody but myself.

bloss 12-27-2012 10:46 AM

Morning Undies

All is well enough in my little part of the world.

Grace: oh, I'd have said something I was sorry for! Sounds like you and mum had a fun time, good bargains too!

Duane: sledding sounds awesome, not so sure about snow shoveling...

MB: I'd be frozen permanently! How long does it stay super cold there?

Tanja: yes a vet tech or a vet would be helpful in my family too! Hope you get the chip soon.

Nicky: how are you this fine Thursday?

Kevah: those little phones, ahhh. I can't hit the right keys. Safe trip home.

BoozeFree: sleep is a huge issue for me too, it really is a pain, to feel so tired. Hang in there, maybe tonight will be a good sleep!

All of you Undies, those posting or taking a break
Stay safe and sober
Bloss

Caledonia1 12-27-2012 01:27 PM

Hi Undies

Lovely to read all the posts today.

Kevah So glad you had all your defenses fully charged and were able to deal with your AV.

Bloss Had a busy day today. We all went to Glasgow so the girls could spend some of their Christmas money. Only went to *Build-a-bear Factory* so the kids are over the moon with their furry bears with it's own little heart.
How's your day been?

Grace Re your son. I'd have to say something to him, keeping things to myself tends to make me angry and upset even more now. *better out than in* Your day with your mum sounds lovely. :)

Duane I'd love some snow, lucky you. Glad you're sounding happy. :)

Tanja We now have some additional members to our furry family. 2 x Furbabies who never stop talking and 2 x Furry Bears with a beating heart, one rors and the other sings........haha It's so noisy in here at the moment even my Tommy cat is hiding in the kitchen to escape.
Looking forward to you getting your shiny 5 month coin.

Boozefree I wish you all the strength to carry on your sober journey. Well done so far. I can sometimes get really tired when I'm in a low mood or something may be bothering me that's where I find the fellowship of AA helps. Hope you get back to full strength soon. Have a good early night.

Midnightblue Think you've sent your coldfront here, snowing the afternoon but just light flurries. Very very cccccc.........ooooo.....ld tonight. ;)

I'm finding my days over the holiday period happy and fun but the evenings are a bit of a strain. Hubby is drinking quite heavy. This makes me feel uneasy and unable to relax. I don't feel like joining him for a minute I just don't care for the mood change.

Think I'll try and broach the subject tomorrow.

Night night
x

EFC 12-27-2012 11:36 PM

Good evening all! I am now successfully into my second month off alcohol. Time to get some sleep... just wanted to say hello.

Caledonia1 12-28-2012 06:40 AM

EFC Congratulations on getting through that first difficult month. Lack of sleep was a hard thing for me too and alot here as well.

Fabby!:nyb

Caledonia1 12-28-2012 06:47 AM

Hi Undies
Friday 3pm

Stressful morning due to family phone calls, nothing to do with me but unfortunately I was getting all their tales of woe. Really needing to toughen up a little and let them all get on with it, it's so hard though. It all centres around my brother who has his own addiction to deal with. I think I'm more tolerant due to the fact of my alcoholism and feel I can understand where he's coming from at times. We have such a large, strong family and everyone likes their opinions.

Phew I feel better already just by typing this out, thank to you guys.

On the plus side my hubby and I have discussed his Christmas binge, and tonight is going to be better. Let's hope so.

I have been leaning quite heavily on all of you here lately and can't thank you all enough for listening and sharing over the festive period, really does help.

Catch you all Later
cx

Kevah 12-28-2012 07:28 AM

Hi everyone! Happily home (Though, a 3 hour trip took 5 with the traffic on 95!) since last night and enjoying a quiet day today. Thanks for the encouragement from Wed night. I read everything, just didn't reply. :) As frustrated as I was on the trip, I really didn't respond like I would have in the past and it threw me for a loop. I did think about drinking...because every adult in the house took a couple of shots to honor my late father in law. My SIL pulled me aside and warned me ahead of time that it was going to happen and she was willing to go to the store in a sleet storm and get me something sparkly so I could be included, safely. That was so thoughtful but I declined and had diet Mtn dew while everyone else had whiskey. My drink of choice. Hmmm. I called my sponsor and shared that I felt angry/resentful....I have said in the past that I'm glad I am where I am today...that being an alcoholic and finally realizing it made me work on ME and my mind. I am better for it today..but I felt so angry that I HAVE to be this way. It just doesn't seem fair, ya know? It really wasn't about needing the taste of alcohol in my mouth or the buzz in my head. It was me realizing that, yep. This is it. I'm never going to drink again. Even in a situation where there is no way I'll get drunk. Cause, we all know where that ends up. *sigh*

That wasn't even the worst of it. His Mother pissed me off royally earlier in the day. (thankfully, we were staying with his step mother. Wonderful, lovely woman. I adore her!) Probably why my spiritual condition wasn't where it needed to be when I had whiskey a foot away from my hand later that day. lol But, it's all good now. I thank God I had a reprieve and hope it will continue.

Thank you for listening to me ramble!

BoozeFree 12-28-2012 07:49 AM

EFC congrats on the month sober!

Cale sorry to hear about all the family stress. Hope it gets better soon!

Just checkin in, off to work I go!

rPdopn 12-28-2012 08:02 AM

I can honestly say I love hearing all the nicknames and all the phrases used to describe sobriety. I will hit 3 months tomorrow and the holidays are harder than I thought! The family and I came back from a vacation in Florida and I did some soul searching, finding no reason whatsoever to get a drink, even though there were 4 bars and 3 liquor stores just a block away from where we were staying. I know I am stronger than this, but I can't hold it down alone! I am currently learning how to not just distract myself from drinking and just let the pure thoughts of loving everything else but drinking come into play. Props to everyone above making it through this! It's awesome hearing so many positive things rising from the ashes of alcohol.

Kevah 12-28-2012 08:08 AM

rPdopn, Happy early 3 months!!!:c011:
It sounds like your thoughts were in a good place, even if your physical body was surrounded with "not so good" places ;) I'm glad for you that you made it through! Staying sober has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. There are days I feel strong enough to do it and days that I don't. The good thing is that on the strong days, I fill up with the tools that get me through the weak days. My connection with other alcoholics is most important, second only to my higher power. You guys "get" me. You understand and have the same stories! I appreciate that so much. Have a great day!