# 203 (permalink)  

Good morning Undies. (There I did it)
Old 01-08-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Woo hoo TTABP. You're now an official Undie
Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies) Suffered from insomnia again, so going to call it a day soon.

You won't believe but today I got "Bottle of Champaige. Episod II". My ex called and said that by some magic a bottle of great champaige survived both NY and Christmas, and his is willing to give it to me. It took me some guts to keep rejecting it again. Actually when I hang up, I was wanting it already, imagining myself in a hot bath with a glass of champaigne. Period. Milk and honey for me instead)

Nicky - you never eat in the morning? I'd suggest then to make it number one priority in developing healthy habits. Seriously. When we skip breakfast metabolism slows down significantly, and it's much more difficult to lose weight. The best choice for breakfast is complex carbs+some protein. I love oats which I use as main ingredient and add something different to it every day - blueberries, strawberries, banana, raisins, honey, cinnamon, etc. THe list is long. If you have no appetite in the morning, then first just develop a habit of eating breakfast. Choose something you like. Plain yougurt with a teaspoon of jam or honey, or chopped banana is delicious. Some fruit you like. After a while your body will demand breakfast)

Tanja - sorry to hear about the situation with your nephew. What a difficult for all of you. I wish I knew some wise words to say, but I just can say you "hold on", we are here for you support. :ghug3
What do I do in the gym? I am big fan of weightlifting, it's ultimate and great way for me to deal with stress, plus it has a lot of other advantages like toning muscles and preventing osteoporosis. Plus in the long-term in has better fat-burning effect if compared to cardio. It's not necessary to "play with serious weights", like me, moderate weights are working great as well. Then after I usually have 45-60 minutes of cardio on treadmill or elliptical trainer)

Boozefree - glad to hear that you are coping with your stress at work. I'm a little bit jealous of your "ocean walks", should be great. I'm digging out my car our of snow again)

Napster - congrats on 37 days)

OneLessLonely - your working on being happy but not working on not trying too hard makes perfiect sense. Happiness doesn't tolereate 'hard approach", it has delicate nature.

Grace - my heart goes out for you when I read about your Dad. It should be quite a stress for you. Take care of yourself.

WWG - my goodness, you cleaned the house to beat the urge? For me cleaningn the house can only bring me urge)

And my very best wishes to all the Undies.

Have a great day)
Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Wow, WWG, cleaning the house is great, that's the key for when you get an urge, keep yourself busy until it passes. Feel free to come and clean mine any time you like.

Midnight, you're as bad as me for getting gifts of alcohol but a messive well done on declining the offer, got to be harder declining champagne than it is wine.
Thank you for your kind words re my parents.
Now go and get some sleep will you?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Tuesday morning @ 9:45 a.m.

Yesterday I had the January Blues, just cold and grey here. I got down on my knees a few times and gave thanks for the basics, still blasted cold. This coming from a person used to mostly warm weather. Today there is a bit of sunshine, so my mood should reflect the warmth.

Grace: Taking the children to see your dad on his 81st was a very loving thing to do. My thoughts are with you and your dad regarding his health/memory issues. Just think if the drink were still a part of your life, you would not be as likely to handle the situation as well as you are. Stay strong, my friend.

Nicky: I am reading a book by Terence Gorski, he has several dating back many years. I have a few, the one I am interested in at this time is "Passages Through Recovery" An Action Plan for Preventing Relapse. Another book of his I read is "Understanding the Twelve Steps". Each have been helpful to me in my recovery.

MB: Strength shining brightly in handling the second bottle of wine/champagne issue. Milk and honey, sounds very blissful. Great eating and workout advice.

TTBABP: Morning back to you, "Undie"

Tanja: Your share is very uplifting, better sleep plus a ride to a meeting with a person you are fond of. Take care

OLL: I have officially dusted off my treadmill too, I'm going to try to commit to a daily 20 to 30 minute walk. Heres to both of us getting healthier and fitter in the New Year.

All of you who post or taking a break have a pleasant, positive Tuesday
Bloss
Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

MB great job with that relentless champagne offer! Although fantasies about it are not ideal, it's just most important to not act on them. I try to treat fantasies like that as similar to reminiscing about childhood things or times. Things or times that are impossible to go back to. I much prefer the things I treat myself to now much better. Like teas, ice cream, warm blankets. I had to tell myself that at first but I really feel it now too.
Bloss I'm so happy to happy to hear about your treadmill! I'm aiming, with my cold, to get on it one weeknight this week. Then again or some exercise outside if its nice this weekend. Then three times a week once I'm well. I also have the January blues. Sometimes I'm too cold to even get off the couch! I hate going out in the cold. My skin is so dry. There are no colors out in the world! I am spring's biggest cheerleader right now!
Otherwise, I'm doing fine. Just making it through another work day. I'm happy a lot d the shows I watch are coming back with new episodes. Hopefully that'll carry me through! Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Day 38 wrapped up, blown the dust off the rowing machine and getting back into it, got the Runkeeper app for my mobile (cell) which has been depressingly accurate recording my run times! Suffice to say I won't be linking it to Facebook anytime soon!

Been a week without the ciggies now too, cough's slowly going, off to walk the dogs and then bed.

Night all, safe dreaming!!

I dreamt i was in Egypt and my dad was trying to persuade an old school friend of mine to go into business with him mining for water in the desert, must not watch Bond films before going to bed!

Wishing you all a fantastic day tomorrow

:ghug3
Old 01-08-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

haha Napster really brightened up my evening reading your post. Bond movies have alot to answer for.

Well looks like we're all on a health kick at the moment my poor dog is exhausted after her afternoon walk. I on the other hand am *lifeless* lol

Midnight Thank you so much for taking the time to help with my breakfst issue. I'll let you know how I go. Love the sound of milk and honey. You did fabby regards the *bottle* some great advice from Oll there, kinda how I try to deal with it also.
Sleep well.

bloss I have a book *Understanding the Twleve Steps* not sure if it's the same author but think I'll dig it out. Thanks for sharing that, worth a read. I went to a different AA meeting tonight as I still don't have another sponsor yet and have decided to get my butt in gear and move forward. No room for complacency where alcohol is concerned eh?
Hope your blue mood shifts soon. Chin up my friend. Sending you a shiny smile and cozy hug

TT Woohoo! Bet you feel great now........lol

Hi Grace and Tanja

Just back from a great meeting tonight. Not one of my usual ones but will defo be back there again. Some really lovely folk there tonight.

Nighty night Undies
x
Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Undies had a whole thing written and it got erased

TTBABP woohoo you finally said the big U word! Congrats!

Midnight I've always lived by the beach and love it. I used to party all day drinking at the beach and now use it to unwind and enjoy the sound of waves breaking on the shore and the smell of the salt water!

Grace I have been working very hard to stay positive in the work environment. It's not easy but I refuse to sink to my co workers level and have all that negative energy.

Tanja 43 is cold, yikes! If my dog doesn't get daily exercise and walks she turns her boredom into chewing my stuff so staying active with her is a must!

WWG sounds like you're doing well! Keep it up!

Well I am tired and watching some Law and Order SVU before bed. Have a good night everyone!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

09.30 Wed. dark and very foggy

Good morning lovely Undies

Top of Hill to you all. I didn't enjoy driving into work this morning, it is so foggy I could hardly see in front of me, but here I am safe and sound with a cup of peppermint tea.
I had a good nights sleep last night, slept right through apart from waking a couple of times to go to the loo. Oh and the trigger finger is playing up again!

Bloss, sorry to hear you've got the 'January Blues.' I'm not very good either at this time of year, short, dark, cold and damp days, on the days I work it's dark when I leave home and dark when I leave work, not good, plus as you know, I think, I feel the cold really badly. Spring is round the corner, so there is something to look forward to.
Thank you for your kind words re my Dad. Though I see my Dad nearly every day, I do take the g.children to see him every week and my daughter also takes them once a week, he loves seeing them and they perk him up.
You're so right, I wouldn't handle the pressure at all if I was drinking, I'd just be drowning my sorrow away and be of no use to anyone, including myself.
I hope you feel better today.

Oll, I like the things you treat yourself to, my treats at the moment are trying to look after myself better but doing things like slathering myself in body lotions and potions after my bath/shower, things I neglected when I was drinking. Mind you, I was doing my legs with body lotion this morning and I was thinking how thick and gloopy it seemed and when I checked it was body wash!
I'm trying to get back into exercising again too, I've removed all the clothes that were hanging on the handles of my exercise bike and I may start using it any time soon, plus I am endeavouring to do a bit more walking.

Napster you're doing really well, another one dusting down the exercise machinery. Lol. Well done on quitting the ciggies, think of how much money you'll save, they are so expensive here aren't they? I'm so glad I don't smoke. Are you putting the money that you'd usually burn away towards something special?
Strange dream!!

Morning Nicky Have the girls settled back into the going school routine?
I have breakfast every day, never used to, but I can't go without it now. I've brought porridge and a banana to work with me today and egg sandwiches with whole meal bread for lunch. ( unfortunately for my colleagues) Glad you enjoyed your meeting last night.

B.F, both myself and Nicky are always losing posts. Always, so annoying.
Good for you rising above it all at work, you have great fortitude, I'm proud of you. Hope you get a good nights sleep.

See you all later.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will gather the courage to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions
Old 01-09-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Tbh I was never a heavy smoker, used to buy a big pack of rolling tobacco for £7 once every couple of weeks but that still gives you five or six a day. Not much money saved there but the £20 quid a day on booze plus more at weekends is going to save for a new house :0)
Old 01-09-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Wow, still some savings that though Napster, the profits on the local supermarket here must have dropped dramatically since I stopped buying dirty wine.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Afternoon/morning or evening my favourite people.

Well went to my homegroup meeting this morning and geeze it was awful. I've got a bee in my bonnet regards someone who is trying to force their ways upon me and unfortunately I've never been one to conform. They just irritating the H out of me.

Helping out at my girls school today however did lift my mood and makes me so grateful for my soberiety. Being able to commit to this weekly and with a clear head. It's just fantastic and nothing like kids to make you appreciate life's little things too.

Grace How's the peppermint tea? Well done you on quitting the coffee. I just love my coffee but have been good since I started my healthy eating plan. Just can't give it up totally. Laughed at your eggy pieces.......lol AND body wahing your legs........that's just soooo me......lol Love your upbeat posts.

Boozefree Great to be able to relax and so pleased you're managing with the work situation.

Napster Wether it's 2 or 20 ciggies I think you should be proud you've managed to give up booze and ciggies. Well done!

Top of the day to Bloss and Tanja. x

TT How's it going today my friend?

Howdy Dee, Hope you're managing to keep us lot in check and everyone behaving themselves. You're a star!

Going to sit down before round 3 starts. TKD and Brownies, for the kids not me of course.

x
Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Hello all. A bit of a break in the weather. Gotta laugh BF, 43 cold? I was running last night in 20 degree weather and I consider this a bit of a winter thaw that has allowed me to get and run this week. Pretty rare for the middle of winter. Going to start a project finishing part of my basement. I like getting involved in things like this. Boredom always led to drinking. So Exercise/Playing Guitar and other side projects keep alcohol off my mind. Honestly after 7 months, it doesn't enter my mind too much. I just think it would if I sat and did nothing all evening. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Wednesday morning @ 8:00 a.m.

I watched an old episode of the original StarTrek last night and had the strangest, unpleasant dreams. I won't do that again. Blossom had a bath yesterday, I had been putting it off. Always a big mess in the shower to clean up after. She smells very nice and her fur is soft and very nice to pet. Sounds like a lot of us will be happy when spring arrives!

Nicky: the meeting you mentioned yesterday sounds like it was helpful to you. Helping at the kids school is really enjoyable, I liked to do that when my boys were young.

Grace: I have to take your advice and start taking better care of my skin, lotions etc. I'll try to use the right ones, though. I laughed about the body wash!

Napster: that Egypt dream sounds interesting, love the Bond films, haven't seen the newest yet.

Everyone, posting or just reading posts
Have A Great Day
Bloss
Old 01-09-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bloss View Post

love the Bond films, haven't seen the newest yet
You really should, i went with Mrs Nap, it was my first sober trip to the cinema sober for years, I didn't insist on getting there well early to tank up before I went in, managed to stay awake for the whole thing and didn't bugger off for a drink afterwards and could therefore actually tell other people what I thought of it later because I could remember what happened!

Amazing!!!

Off for a run tonight, going to up it from 2.24 miles to about 3 and a half, RunKeeper makes this abit competitative and I like that :0)
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support.

BF- I'm a big Law & Order fan - all versions. Do you like all of them? I've just also become hooked on Law & Order UK. Drives my DH nuts because I try to use a UK accent - this does not mix well with my actual Jersey accent.

Grace & Bloss- I am sorry for both of you having January blues. I myself love short, dark, dank days. Reverse seasonal affective disorder I think.

Nicky -I am well thank you. Sorry about the bee in your bonnet seems like there's always someone about that puts a bee in mine. So pleased that you did enjoy your day with your girls though. We must alwasy treasure the good times more than we dwell on the bad.

I'm still trying to catch up a bit here so be well to all you other Undies!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Smile

My new favorite thing to do is to watch British Tv shows via Netflix streaming with the wife. It is great to relax together, and I remember what I watch. I am a big fan of Doc Martin, 10 episodes in.