View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
tanja

Good Evening Undies,

The situation blew over and my husband was remorseful and embarassed about his behavior. It really isn't my sponsor's place to tell me what do with my animals. I think Bloss said it well when she said "Stay strong to your beliefs and values". Peyton has his issues and for the time being I intend upon doing everything I can to help him overcome them. I did tell my sponsor that at 5 months sober that I am still very fragile and that this is certainly not a decision that I need to make right now. I've seen far too many animals returned for a lot less transgressions that were euthanized.

Napster - My heart goes out to you and Kia. I think that the only thing that would help me in that situation is viewing it through a different lense. My mother (who is the end stage of alzheimers) used to always say "we can put animals to sleep, but we can't do that for people". Which is so true. To be able to alleviate Kia's pain and have the financial resources to do so is a blessing. God bless you for being with her and holding her. You and Kia will be in my prayers.

Boozefree - It sounds like you are in a good place today. Do not let this envious and disagreeable person endanger your hard-fought sobriety! I think time will tell and this persons true colors will be obvious to the owners wife.

Welcome TTBABP!

Nicky - So glad to hear that you had a lovely day!

Grace - I hope you get a good night's sleep.

Wishing everyone a lovely evening!