Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 10

Old 01-07-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Nicky & FP congratulations on your milestones. Its nice to see people where I hope I will be not too long from now.

MB- Hope you have enjoyed your relaxing Christmas Day

tanja & Grace - so sorry about the family issues. Seems there is alway something or someone to worry about and even when we try our best to help sometimes there is just nothing we can do to help others until they are ready to help themselves.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Congrats to Nicky & FP!! Way to go!!

Tanja I agree. From my experience I Had other people saying I was an alcoholic and had a drinking problem ect but I was in denial and the comments made me angry and it wasn't till I realized it for myself that I wanted to fix the problem and get sober.

Grace hope things with your son improve.

Off to work I go! Wishing everyone has a great sober day!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Monday morning @ 8:45 a.m.

My dear friends Nicky and FrenchPink

Big warm congratulations on both your milestones

You have both shown true commitment in your sobriety journey

I look forward to visiting the "Undies" thread and seeing both your posts

My weekend was pleasant, a short drive, visit with my son and work around the home. I've been enjoying reading a recovery book about relapse prevention, very eye-opening and helpful to me at this point of my recovery journey.

I'll post again a little later
Bloss
Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Grace:
I'm so glad you stayed really strong about the "gift", it shows how truly commited you are to staying sober in spite of what life throws your way. Reading your posts adds a little ray of sunshine to my day. You are a very special person and sobriety really lets it shine!
Bloss
Old 01-07-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Mon 8pm

Thank you all so much for your well wishes. It's does the ego good to get a boost

Midnight Glad you're enjoying a nice relaxing day and your elephant picture was really touching.

Tanja It's so fustrating when you want to help someone and thy're not ready. I've got the same situation with my brother.I was convinced he was ready to help himself but it appears not quite yet. Your nephew will come good in his own time with your loyalty and support. When he sees how well you are doing and what can be achieved through soberiety hopefully he will choose the right path.

Grace My you are getting the alcohol shoved in your face lately. Just love the way you're handling it, be proud of yourself. You're such a lovely, giving person and your son sure knows how to work you. I say that because my brother used to do the very same but I'm trying hard not too give into him these days. It must be near impossible when it's your son. Hugs x

TTBABP Hope your aches get better soon.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Boozefree Hope you're having a good day.

Bloss What book are you reading? I've read quite a few over the years as relapsing was my biggest fear. I just love the way you tackle your sober journey, so conscientious.
Thanks for your continued support.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hello Fellow (here goes, first time for everything) Undies!

Sorry I've not been this thread for a couple of days, been abit pushed for time with getting back to work and spending the weekend out and about, only had time to update the Class of Dec 2012 thread.

Things are going well, Day 37 pretty much wrapped up bar walking the dogs.

Grace I know what you mean re getting booze waved at you all over the shop, the soft play centre round the way has just got a booze licence would you belive!

Really great to see everyone sticking to it, will have a proper good read back through this very fast moving thread!

Old 01-07-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Well seen things are back to normality in my household, thus the 3rd attempt to finish my post. Hectic!

Well my brother has made it back from his holiday in one piece and work was quite chilled out so just the dreaded tax return to complete tomorrow and I'll be settled again.

Have a fabby day/afternoon/evening.
Nighty night from me though.
x
Old 01-07-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Hey Napster
Lovely to see you checking in and doing really well.
Great stuff!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hey undies, I have a hard time keeping up and posting regularly here but I wanted to check in. I think I'm doing pretty well sober-wise. I had a fleeting old thought of drinking at the end of a busy and stressful workweek. I had a fleeting discomfort when a family member, who didn't know I stopped drinking, brought a bottle of wine as a housewarming gift. Other than that I haven't had any other urges or discomfort related to alcohol in awhile. I'm working on being happy but I'm also working on not trying too hard. If that makes any sense. Back to home renovations since taking a break for the holidays. For my treadmill back up and running, but I've been battling a cold so I haven't actually used it. But I'm planning on it! I know exercise does so much good for my psyche, so I must do it. I guess nothing else new so I'll leave it at that. Hope everyone is well.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Tanja that is so sad about your Nephew, you could do without news like that. And the poor baby, he's going to be the one to suffer, he will miss his Daddy. I hope your Nephew gets through this bad time, like I always say, things have a way of working out. He's very lucky to have you to help pick up the pieces.
Yes, I'm looking forward to my break.

Thanks TT, that's so very true, I just wish I could be a bit firmer with him, he's very good at the old emotional blackmail. I have his little boy living with me, so you can imagine!

Thanks for that B.F

Hi Bloss, I'm glad you enjoyed your week end, you deserved to and thank you for your kind words. The wine has gone now to a new home where it will last longer than it would with me!

Hi Nicky and thanks, oh yes my son definitely knows how to work me, my husband says that to me too. He's crafty too the way he does it, it's always when I'm home alone and he knows I'm a soft touch anyway. Not as soft as I was though!

Good grief Napster, that is really bad, I wonder if it's part of the same group as one I went to The thing is too that most mum drive there with there young children and it's like giving them a green light to drink and drive!

Oll great to see you back, you've been missed. You're doing really well by the sound of things. Back to the renovations? that'll be us too, there's always something that needs doing here in this old house.

Anyway, I'm in work tomorrow, so I'll post from there, I need to go and get my clothes ready and wash my hair.

Sleep well undies
Old 01-07-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

I had a terrible urge, but I beat it. This is not easy, but life is better.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hi OLL
Great to see you posting and sounding so well. Don't worry about not being able to keep up with the thread it's just good to know that you're still doing well.
So glad you managed to dismiss that fleeting thought, nip it in the bud that's the way to do it.
Happy renovating.

Grace Have a good day at work tomorrow. Hope you get a full nights rest tonight. Great to hear you're managing to get some me time soon. We've decided not to go away as really needing a new kitchen. I'm usually not the domestic type but the kitchen's had a hard life with pets and kids......lol So guess the romantic break will have to wait for us.

It's at this time of year I have to be wary. Long for time on my own and some sunshine but this year I won't be blotting things out with the booze.

Cath you all later
x
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

WWG great job gettin past the urge, keep it up!

Work was crazy but stayed pretty positive all day. Just got back from walking a few miles with my dog. A lil exercise always feels good.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Happy Monday evening, Undies! My sincere thanks to all of you for helping me celebrate my big milestone today! You peeps are the best!

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
Just for you, here are the banana boys with their new routine, as trained by our lovely E.Q

The Banana Boys?! No way!! How did you ever...??? Well now I can say that my special day is truly complete. Thanks, Grace!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:36 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Tuesday 8.30

Hi Undies

Just popped in to wish you all a fabby day or evening.

Being sober has great benefits one of which I am embracing is the ability to remember things and solve things I was unable to do before.

Before I honestly thought I was functioning pretty alright but now I know the difference. Even technology seems easier and that was a big no no for me before.

Just had to share that.

Love to you all
Catch you Later
x
Old 01-08-2013, 01:06 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

08.35 Tue

Mild but damp

Good morning all you Undies

I'm sat in work now and it's fairly quiet yet, so I'm sneaking in to do a few posts while I can.
It was my Dad's birthday yesterday, he was 81 and I took the three g. children to visit for an hour, but he was a bit irritable so I didn't stay too long with them. Mum was telling me she had been up all night with him, he thought he was in Turkey on a weeks holiday and was looking for his suitcase to pack ready for coming home. He asked my mum if she was Jenny! Jenny was his mother. It's very sad. I'm trying to talk my Mum into having a nap in the afternoon, but it's against her principles, I've tried reasoning with her that she has to keep herself fit and strong otherwise she will go downhill too, but whether she takes any notice is another matter! He's not too bad during the day time, just a bit confused but he gets worse as the evenings progress and by bedtime he's 'in another place.' I'm glad my brother is staying with them at the moment as it takes some of the pressure off me. He's going back to Thailand at the end of Feb/beginning of March but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

i just needed somewhere to write it all down, sorry, but that's enough about me for one day, so.........

Good for you WWG showing such fortitude, what did you do to help you beat the urge, please share?

Nicky, I did manage to get a good nights sleep, for once, in fact it was a struggle to get up this morning and I can tell the children are back at school this week, the traffic was horrendous coming to work.
We had a new kitchen fitted about 4 years ago, urgghh I don't envy you, what a job but needs must. My kitchen was really old and scruffy, it had to be done. It will all be worth it once it's done.
Romantic break!!!!!!! Yeah right! I'm going for a chill out!

B.F, sounds like you coping well with work, good for you. Yes, you're right a little exercise really boosts the morale and clears the head. I'm hoping to go for a brisk walk round the block at lunch time if it isn't raining. I love walking.

Glad you enjoyed those boys F.P. Lol. You're pretty much one of the best yourself.

Hi Tanja and Bloss, hope to catch up with you later.

I'm desperate for a coffee and one of my colleagues just asked if i wanted one! I've given it up now, so I'm drinking peppermint tea! Mmmm delicious.

See you all later
Be safe and sober Undies

JUST FOR TODAY, I will do something positive to improve my health. If I am overweight, I will eat healthfully - if only just for today. And not only that, I will get off the couch and take a brisk walk, even if it's only around the block.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

Up at 4:00 a.m. again! I had a good day yesterday and got a fair amount of sleep. I was given a ride to the women's meeting by a young woman that I am particulary fond of and always lifts my spirits. My sister called me last night about my nephew. I wasn't home to take the call. She wanted me to pick out meetings for him. She said her rule was in order for him to live with her - he had to attend two AA meetings a week. She also said that he told her that the young people's meetings were during the time he was going to school. I looked them up again and there are two meetings that are held that are not during his classes. Personally, I think at four meetings a week should be the rule.

WWG - Good job at fighting off the craving. I think a pivotal moment for me was realizing that cravings are part of the disease, that they do pass and trying different things to get through them. I have been truly blessed at not having cravings lately, but I know that is just a temporary respite.

Boozefee - It sounds like your dog is one lucky pet! I would love to take my dogs for a few miles a day walk; but, with six of them it is pretty unrealistic. Also, it was 43 degrees yesterday a little too cold for me to walk them. Here's hoping that I can do that today. I agree exercise really helps with mood, anxiety, clarity and depression.

Grace - I'm sorry to hear that your Dad wasn't having the best day yesterday, but so happy that he celebrated his 81st Birthday. I hope your Mom listens to your good advice. Taking care of someone with dementia can be highly stressful and getting adequate rest is essential. Thank Goodness your brother is around to help out.

Nicky - We had our kitchen renovated a few years ago. Much like Grace said - it was a mess for quite a while, but well worth it when it was done. I have spent a pretty penny this year on two air conditioning units (one for the home and the garage) that have yet to be installed. My husband is in the HVAC career field and is going to install them. There is a lot to be done because we are living in a 53 year old home, but those things will just have to wait for now.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

What did I use to beat the urge? I cleaned the house. Another day that I am hapoy to wake up without a hangover.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Grace What an enormous pressure you're under with your poor dad and your mum. Thinking of you, it can't be easy at all to see a loved one so confused. Sending you a big hug.

Tanja You too such a difficult situation. Hope your nephew sees sense soon. Glad you hae AA company to lift your spirits. How's the naughty pup?

WWG Remember what works to keep these urges at bay. Well done!

Boozefree Stay positive you sound great!

Hi bloss Have a great day!

Got most of my paperwork done and feel so much better for tackling it. Been out walking with my dog and grabbing a quick half hour relxing time before the kids get in from school. All in all not bad day so far.

Catch you later