Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 10

Old 01-04-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies. I was pissed off at myself ysterday for eating a hell lot of junk food that I never it. It was like obsession, as if someone replaced my brains for a couple of hours during which I managed to pack away a large bag of chips, three (!) ice-creams and other stuff. Crazy. Luckily, two-hour workout today returned my brain in its place.

Bloss - hi to you too) And thank you for kind words of my yesterday's rant)

Tanja - so glad to hear that situation became better)

Boozefree - congrats on 89 days! You know, someone on the other thread wrote that when he is at work, it's like he is on set and plays a role, and doesn't take it to heart. I like this attitude)

Grace - great motto for today!

Critica - I can totally relate to your post! I'm always waiting for something bad to happen, and it's so deep rooted that I'm working hart to get rid of it. Sometimes I think I screw small things up just to avoid major troubles. As if I'm saying "'see, I've had my share of bad, enough for a while". One day at a time helps with it also.

Kevah - Lol. I kinda wait for some super power to rip the carpet out from under me and punish me for something. Ghastly feeling.

Duane - What I realized since I quitted to look for "veritas in vino" that my AV is loudest and strongest when I miss and romanticize "old times", when I could have a couple of glasses, and be "my old me". I've changed, and new me is better, stronger, it's actually more myself. But when I try to "reincarnate" my old self, AV and other habits that were part of me are back to life as well.

As for coming to SR, I can speak just for myself, but for me it's the opposite - it proves me that my addiction is in the past. That I didn't turn a blind eye on it, but accepted. That's I am so far away from my starting point. Like I was terrorized by some wild animal, and now it's in the cage, and there it'll stay.

I don't know, if it makes any sense) Just my thoughts.

Nicky - I bet you are relaxing today after yesterday's fun)

My best wishes to all)
Old 01-04-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Thank you all so much for the very warm welcome. I'm still at the pretty much just reading point in this thread till I catch up a bit with all of you.

I am also working up to using the moniker "Undies". It's funny but it will just take me a little time to embrace its use without splitting a gut.

Be well all. Love reading your posts
Old 01-04-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Sober since October

TTBABP -I think I didn't welcome you! Welcome to our sober gang, you'll enjoy it here)
Old 01-04-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Thanks MB. I'll see you on the bus too.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Friday 8.30pm

Evening Undies! (TTBA I can hear you laughing from here)

Duane I have stopped several times in the past on will power alone but was thoroughly miserable and always fantasised about drinking, why me? Poor me?
Eventually I tried AA. The best thing I've ever done. AA teaches me how to live my life without alcohol and deal with my emotional side also. The urge to drink has passed for the moment.
I don't want to tempt fate therefore I joined SR to strenghten my recovery, and it has 100 percent.
Just my wee story the long winded version is even more boring........lol Hope it helps a little.

Midnight Strange you had a food binge but better food than booze. Don't be so hard on yourself at least you had the motivation to workout. That's my junk food spree over mow so I'll be coming to you for some healthy ideas.

Critica I can totally relate to your feelings. I worry when things are going fine and I also worry when things are not. The fear of *the bubble bursting* hit me really bad just before Christmas and Dee helped me by reminding me that the only person who could burst my bubble was myself......lol Enjoy what you have for the moment. You're doing great!

Kevah We'll all be *tickety boo* Let's just enjoy today and not worry about tomorrow. One day at a time.

Grace Oh no you're back to normal right enough, rushing around. Get some me time mrs.....lol I'm back to workting Monday, looking forward to it as I'm starting to get cabin fever.

Boozefree You did fantastic with work and did it sober, now that's progress, bet you feel proud of yourself, I would.

Well I'm a bit blah blah blah tonight. I was looking forward to going to a meeting but lack of communication with hubby and I so couldn't make it.
On the other hand it is nice to have a relaxing, sober night in
Having a night out tomorrow with hubby and really looking forward to it as he's still stopped drinking.

Got worries with my brother again too which isn't helping my mood either.

Ah the highs and lows of life.

Nighty Night folks
x
Old 01-04-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Calling in before I go to bed.

It's not been to bad of a day, the children have been good today and my Dad is okay, well in as much as he can be. He's been looking for his suitcase today to go back to the army. He told my mum that it made no difference her telling him he couldn't go because the Army would have the last say! He's been like this since he watched a film about the Army on New Year's day. Other than that,he looks well and he's eating well.

Something did shock me today, when I was in the soft play area I went to get some juice and crisps for the children and a cup of tea for myself and there right in front of me was a huge poster advertising that they now sell licquer coffees!!! WTF this was a childrens play area, catering for children under 10. I thought I was seeing things

Duane, I've given up alcohol quite a few times and I relapsed and came back here in August after about 15 months of being sober. I got complacent and thought I could have just one drink, which turned into just one bottle, followed by another bottle!
I have been to the A.A in the past but can't go there now, due to my family commitments, ie, taking on my 3 yr old G.son because his parents can't look after him properly and my Dad, who has very recently been diagnosed with Dementia.
I came back to S.R because I needed someone to turn to, I have no one at home that I can talk to about my drinking, my husband is a bit of an ostrich, if we don't talk about it then it's not happening!! My parents and my brothers don't know about it and wouldn't understand.
I was at the point where I nearly lost my husband and my family and my health was suffering too, if I didn't get my life on track I really would have lost those precious people who mean so much to me.
I don't want to lose my family and I am deeply ashamed of the things I have done when I was drinking. I was a disgrace, a real disgrace and I realised that only I can turn my life round and that is what I am doing.
I've made lots of friends here, people who understand where I'm coming from and don't judge me for the idiot I've been. S.R doesn't make me want to drink, it does the opposite, I like to read the stories that long time abstainers write about how giving up the drink has changed their lives, those stories are inspirational and make me believe in myself, if they can do it then so can I.
Alcohol is in our faces everywhere we look, in the supermarket, corner shops, on the t.v, posters, they even sell it in the petrol station shops here.
Stress is my big trigger and unfortunately I get lots of it, but I am now coping with it, I can only do what I can do! I am terrified of relapsing and will do whatever it takes. I am not prepared to go back to that dark place I was in.

Midnight, you junk food binge was probably your bodies way of getting some of the sugar that it's missing as alcohol is loaded with the stuff. At least you managed to burn those extra calories up with all the exercise.

Hi TTABP, you'll soon get used to 'our undies' lol. After being on that bus, you'll soon get used to everything!! ha ha.

Hi Nicky, if only I could! We're looking at having a long week end away at the end of Feb, just the two of us, whilst my brother will still be here staying with my parents. He's looking at going back to Thailand at the beginning of March so if we're going to go I would feel happier knowing he is there!

Hi Bloss and Tanja, my lovely sober friends. Hope all is well with you two.

Sleep well.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hey Grace
Geeze alcoholic coffees in a kiddies play area, what next.
A break sounds lovely and relaxing just what's required after Christmas and New Year especially with your added worries of your Dad.
Funnily enough hubby and I are looking at getting away for a weekend the too, if my mum's up for it......lol

Don't fret so much about relapsing Grace, you'll be fine with all the work you put into your recovery. Day at a time and we'll all get there. You're doing brilliant and such a breath of fresh air here.

Ni night
x
Old 01-04-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Afternoon/Evening Undies:

The day sort of flew by, my sister stopped by for a short visit. I've been starting to put away Christmas Decorations and took the dog for a walk. Anyway, I realized I hadn't looked at SR, usually do it several times a day. So, of course I jumped on for a visit. One of the cats, Greystone, is wanting attention, so if my typing is iffy, that's why.

Nicky: Enjoy your time tomorrow with the hubby, especially since he's not drinking right now. I hope your brother is alright, positive thoughts for him.

Grace: thanks for sharing your story and I agree SR has helped me a great deal these past months. Alcohol is indeed everywhere, I used to try to go places where it wasn't sold, but hard to find anywhere it's not at whether shopping eating, or as you mentioned, a children's play area!

Midnight: Wow, you kicked the heck out of that food binge! I like what you shared about putting "the wild animal in the cage". My drinking was like that, wild and unpredictable. I never knew how much damage would result when I drank.

Duane: I tried to get sober many times over the years with various programs, therapy, not leaving the house, the list is long. I had different periods of time sober, never more than a year. I finally just had to accept I was never going to drink again, no matter what happened. I still have urges at different times. I don't know if the urges will ever stop completely for me, but I accept the urges as part of my sober journey. I get up each day and am thankful for another sober day and do "life". The holidays pushed triggers for me too. To help myself: I read recovery material, logged onto SR and I have a sober person I confide and talk to regularly. Sorry if I rambled on too long. So glad you are here with us.

TTBABP: Lots to read here and share, Undies is a funny nickname, it certainly describes us well, in my opinion.

Everyone have a great Friday evening and night,
Bloss
Old 01-04-2013, 10:36 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Nicky have fun tomorrow night!

Grace alcohol coffee at a children's place? Geez. Sounds like something they would have out here in California with all the LA and OC housewives!

Today was so much better! Glad I got thru the past days sober! I woke up and thought I will not let this negativity effect me and carried on with a positive attitude. One of the comments I get the most is how I am always so positive and always smiling so people around know something's wrong if I'm not that way. I think my happiness and enjoying the day almost made my co worker even more mad haha bc I was having fun working. Oh well! Moving forward. And finally no work this weekend. After working 12 days in a row I am so looking forward to lounging around watching tv with my dogs and maybe even a nap or 2! Funny how much I appreciate the little things now that I'm sober like a nice nap or going for a walk.

Have an amazing weekend undies!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Good morning Undies!!!

90days sober today woohoo!! Feeling good about it. I still have so much to learn but already happy about the positive changes I have made these past 90 days. Not running from my emotions and drinking has been the hugest thing. I was always so scared and unsure how to react when I felt any type of emotions since I've been staying numb the past 10 yrs. I feel like a lil kid learning how to ride a bike for the first time or something. I think I'll treat myself to a new book or something today.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hi folks sorry I was MIA this week, it was super busy. You are all doing great. God Bless you all, lets have a sober weekend.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

BoozeFree: Congratulations for making 90 days. May you see many more mikestones in your journey.

Grace: Thanks for your wise posts. We all profit from your commentary.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hello - Un... Un... - just can't do it yet. Maybe tomorrow - laughing too hard.

90 days rock BF.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Congratulations Boozefree on 90 days of sobriety:day6 You should definitely treat yourself
Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Congrats, Boozefree!!! That's great!!!

Just popping in to say "hi"! I got to be a part of a friend's year celebration yesterday and it was so wonderful. I love sitting back and seeing the changes in people from when they first decide to be sober and a few months down the road...

It's chilly here today and I'm not excited about that at all. However, I'm going to make the best of it, cause at least I get to enjoy the sunshine sober

Have a great day, all!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, all. Busy day, just popped in to see how everyone's doing.

BoozeFree - Huge congrats on 90 days!!

See you all later)
Old 01-05-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Evening Undies

Great to log on and hear how positive and happy everyone seems just now.

Boozefree Congratulations! A treat is most definitley in order, enjoy.

Great night out with hubby tonight. We settled on a new Indian Rest. that's opened. Great to have a conversation that was interupted by the little loved ones in our life.....lol

Found myself fantasising about booze today. I don't even allow myself to think of it at all these days. Totally out of the blue. I didn't have an urge to drink just a strange thought but enough to un-nerve me. I haven't been to many meetings over the holiday period capped with more worry about my brother so I recon this has stirred things up a little for me. Just when I thought everything was hunkydorey.

Nighty Night
x
Old 01-05-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

23.15 Sat

Hi my lovely Undies, checking in to say hello and goodnight!

Had a so/so kind of a day, but that's fine, just the usual food shopping this morning, got loads of healthy stuff, fruit and veg etc, I was supposed to join a slimming group on Thur but my friend phoned at the last minute as she was ill, still is, so we are joining next week, but I'm still starting from now!
My Dad was up and down all night again, getting dressed at 03.45 and looking for his suitcase again for the army!

Nicky, I know, how bad is that, alcohol in a soft play area, I mean most of the mums drive there these days with their children and it's like giving them an open invitation to drink and drive. I'm still in shock and keep asking myself if I dreamt it.
Where you thinking of going to for a break Nicky? Any idea's? We were thinking of maybe going to Spain as there are some cheap deals and it's only a two hour flight!

Bloss, we've taken our tree and decorations down already thank goodness and it looks all bare now. Yes, alcohol really is everywhere, cigarettes aren't pushed in your face the way booze is, yet I think alcohol is probably the more dangerous of the two, you never hear of cigarette smokers killing people through driving! I just don't get it!

Boozefree, I'm so proud of you and you did yourself proud too by staying cheerful and positive. That is the right attitude to take. Enjoy your weekend, enjoying the simple things in life now we're sober is a huge bonus. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

Boozefree, congratulations on 90 days. That is just awesome. :ghug3

Night night, sleep well
Old 01-05-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Whoops my Undies, I missed a page. I'll never get to bed at this rate.

Hi WWG, are you having a sober week end too?

Thank you Dickenson, that's much appreciated.

TTBABP. Lol. Are you not into our Undies?

Evening Tanja, I hope all is still well with you. Lots of love. xxx

Kevah, what a lovely celebration and so worthwhile. You keep warm.

HI Midnight, nearly Christmas for you.

Mmmm Nicky, I love Indian food. That's how the A,V works, it's sly and cunning, it doesnt just rear it's ugly head when we are tired or down in the dumps, it also waits until it thinks you may be getting a bit complacent and then likes to wham you one just because you're not expecting it. I have no worries about you staying strong though, none at all.

Be good Undies. See you tomorrow
Old 01-05-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Grace I try to stay out or everyone's undies but my own. Oh my - there I've said it but it still makes me laugh. (I'm like a third grader still at times). I love the moniker but still have to work up to using it freely myself.

The situation with your Dad must be very tiring Grace. It is so hard to be an adult caretaker but I truly believe you will be rewarded for it even though I know you expect nothing.

Be well all until tomorrow.