Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 10

Old 01-05-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Had a nice day today. I went down to the beach this morning and let my dog run around and chase birds for about an hour and then just relaxed at home and did some cleaning. I also got a nice nap in! I ended up ordering some records online that will prob be here in a week or so. Since getting sober my passion for music has come alive again. Discovering new bands is my fav. I could spend hours finding music and bands that I haven't yet heard of. I keep a list on my phone of bands who's music I still want to add to my collection. The list is pretty long.

Grace hope your dad is able to get some sleep this evening so that you can as well. That must be a lot of work.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Saturday evening

First Off: Super, big congratulations on 90 days BoozeFree!!

Busy day, did yard and gardening work. Also had a new outside door installed, the lock was falling off and the door hardly closed. So glad that is almost finished.

Everyone is sounding positive,

Nicky: good times with the hubby, those random drinking thoughts, but it was just a thought, let it go, slam the door on it!

Grace: I agree, even a so so day is better than when we were hungover, or drunk

Everyone of you have a super Saturday Night and Sunday
Bloss
Old 01-06-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Kevah - How wonderful that you were able to enjoy your friend's one celebration. You are sounding so positive and grateful in your recovery.

Nicky - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with a random thought of drinking. The way you dealt with it and your assessment of the underlying reasons that may have contributed to it are inspiring. I haven't had too many cravings lately, but I need never forget that it can strike at any time. It is just so essential for me to realize that it will pass and that life is so much better without booze.

Bloss - I am still working on slowly putting the Christmas decorations away! I am hoping to get a dog walk or two in today, weather permitting. I hope Blossom is doing well.

Grace - I absolutely loved your post! "It doesn't take much to make me happy". That is just so inspirational. It really lifted me.

Boozefree - It sounds like you had a wonderful and full day. I would love to live near a beach where I could go and just listen to the waves and relax. That is wonderful to hear that your passion for music is coming back. Finding your bliss in life is so essential.

It's heartwarming to hear such grattitude and joy from the undies. Wishing everyone a wonderful sunday.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

I love waking up without a hangover.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

WWG me too!!

Well the weather report said it was supposed to rain all day but its super sunny out. Hmm. I'm not sure what I'll do today, nothing special planned.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Morning

Rained a little last night. No definite plans today, let it just flow.

Tanja: the decorations seem to be taking longer to pack away! Have a nice stroll with the dog/s.

WWG: yes, it is!

BF: Whatever you do, enjoy

See you all a little later
Bloss
Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies) It's Christmas Eve and I'm relaxing sipping delicious cacao. Still punishing myself for a junk food binge, so spend two hours in the gym today.

Nicky - I can relate to fantasising about booze. I have no urges but sometimes miss something about it. I try to curb my thinking about it and say that it's the old me who misses it. Upgraded booze-free version doesn't need wine to relax or make things better.

Grace - good luck on slimming journey! You have all my support in this battle)

BoozeFree - your day sounds so relaxing) I would use some time at the beach. Glad to hear you have some rest after all this tough time you had at work.

Tanja - you sound so positive today, keep it up)

Bloss - hi to you)

And my best wishes to all the Undies.

Have a great day/sweet dreams)
Old 01-06-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

Busy busy day today. My brother and Uncle are returning from there break to I've been housesitting and cat sitting for the both of them. Popped along to both houses, gave them a quick freshen up and put some food in their fridges.

Just praying my brother makes it back as he hasn't been sounding that great whilst on hols. Tomorrow will tell though.

Bloss Something slightly different with you these days, I sense a lovely change in your mood, more relaxed and content. Reading your posts lately have made me feel a sense of security, in a funny way. Am I just being daft? lol Hugs to you.

Hey Tanja What you been up to today? You made me feel really proud of myself with your comments. Thank you so much. It's does the heart good to get a wee boost. Complancey is a killer that's why it is so important for me to dismiss the very idea straight away. How's the naughty durry son doing?

Midnight Oh my kids would love it to be Christmas Eve again. Stop punishing yourself for your little binge, goodness you should see what I've just eaten because I'm starting my healthy living tomorrow.....lol Seriously though I need all the tips that are available. What's a good breakfast? I never eat in the morning.

Kevah Helloa!!!! Keep up the good healthy lifestyle.

Grace Thank you so much for having faith in me and you;re right as always I'm fine today. I'm with you on the slimming front, big style........lol no pun intended. I want it all, soberiety, no fags, healthy body and a tiny waistband.
Not greedy in the slightest me.

Boozefree Isn't it great when we reclaim interest that booze took away. Glad you've found your music.

TTBA Repeat after me U..N..D..I..E..S Great medicine here! Lovely to have you share here. Take care.

Feeling all glowy and warm inside tonight, can't believe how up and down I am at times.

At least am sober and that I am eternally grateful to you all for your continued support and friendship.

Back at work tomorrow so might not be around as often.
Missing you all already.
x
Old 01-06-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Christmas MB

D
Old 01-06-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Eve - or Christmas as I write this - Midnight.

BF & Bloss - hope you both found something nice to do today.

Caledonia - thanks for the assistance. How nice of you to help out your bro & uncle. Its especially considerate that you got some food in for them - don't think it would occur to me to be that nice.

Stayed at home myself today to take care of a pain in the back. It's much better but now have a toothache (too much Christmas candy methinks). I hate the dentist. I did get some housework and chores done - that was a plus. Back to work tomorrow. Its going to be a stressful week and I am dreading it but in 5 days it will be over and another nice weekend beginning.

Have a wonderful night or day all!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 10 MONTHS MILESTONE, NICKY!!!

Thank you for your message to me about your incredible sober accomplishment! Mammoth is bicycling right behind you to catch up to your awesome 10 months! Big hugs to you, sobermate.

elephant-on-a-bicycle.jpg

Good evening, Undies! It's been awhile since I caught up with all of you. I'm sorry for missing any milestones you may have celebrated, but I hope everyone is doing well in glorious sobriety. Love and hugs to all.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

01.15 Monday

Hi Monday F'undies

I've been to bed and now I'm up again, I slept in late this morning (well yesterday morning now) and now I'm paying the price.
Didn't get chance to pop in Sunday as I was doing other things with my husband, he was off and we went for a look round Ikea, it was so packed and so hot in there and all we bought was a new smoke alarm, 2 packs of batteries and some plastic food containers for our packed lunches.
My step-son and his g.friend called round this afternoon with our Christmas presents as we didn't get to see them at Christmas. Oh and guess what they bought, some aftershave stuff for my husband, plus a bottle of spiced rum and some bath oils for me and a bottle of red wine!! ARghhh, then his son said to me, 'Dad told me you've stopped drinking, but it's there if you change your mind!! THEN, my husband opened the bottle of rum and passed it round for us all to smell!!! I had to say I needed to check on something in the oven and leave the room. The wine will be re-gifted tomorrow!!
On a happier note we've booked a little break from 14th to 18th of Feb, so that's something to look forward to.

Glad to hear that TTBABP. My Dad doesn't live with us TT, he lives with my Mum, but they only live at the back of us, 5 mins walking, 2 mins in the car. Yes it's hard, but my parents have been good to me and now it's my turn to do my best for them and that's what I'll try to do.

Glad you had a good day B.F, you are so lucky to be near a beach, I would love that and it's great how your passion for music has returned, it just shows how much we have missed out on by drinking the hours away!

Bloss, you've been very productive, that's another bonus to being sober. I hope Blossom is well.

Dear Tanja, I'm glad you liked my post and it's true, it doesn't take much to make me happy, I'm not in the least bit materialistic, as long as the bills are paid, there is food on the table and I have the love of my family, what more could I ask for?
I hope you had a good Sunday and I hope that bad boy is behaving himself.xx

WWG, so do I and I like going to bed sober too!

Midnight, Merry Christmas to you and I hope you have a really good one, you deserve it. Thank you for your support, it's much appreciated.

Nicky, I hope your brother's okay and has a safe journey home. Let the healthy eating plan begin, tiny waistlines here we come ( I wish). Bet you don't feel like going back to work!

TT, I've shortened it because I have to keep going back to see if I've written the letters in the right order, lol. You've just reminded me, thanks, that I need to make an appointment to see the Dentist, I've broke a piece off one of my back teeth. I hope your tooth ache and back ache subsides. Poor you, you have my sympathy.

F.P how lovely to see you and your wonderful poster and thank you for telling us about Nicky's amazing awe inspiring 10 months of sobriety.
Please pop in more often, we missed you. xx

See you all tomorrow, I mean today

Night night, sleep well
Old 01-06-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 months Nicky, so proud of you. xxxx

I was going to send you a cake, but then I remembered we're on a diet! Damnations

Old 01-07-2013, 12:30 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

haha Thanks you French Pink and Grace. Brightened my day back to work today.

Just a quick hello as it's manic in here.....lol

French Pink CONGRATULATIONS ON 8MONTHs Fabbydabbydoo!!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:23 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Nicky and FP

D
Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all. I've decided to totally relax today. It's Christmas after all)

And my warmest congratulations to Nicky and French Pink! Just look, how powerful our SR family is))))
Attached Images
Old 01-07-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Good morning, Undies! 8 months for me today, yay!!! Thank you for your congrats, Nicky, Midnight, and Dee!

Midnight, I adore your fantastic customized elephant herd picture for us, thank you so much! Merry Christmas to you, too.

Have a terrific day, sober mates! Love and hugs to all.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

F.P Big congratulations on 8 months, 3/4 of a year, wow.

Just for you, here are the banana boys with their new routine, as trained by our lovely E.Q

Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

13.05 Monday

Hi Monday F'undies

It's another mild but damp day here. At home today with the two youngest g.children playing with Barbie dolls at the moment. The oldest has gone back to school today, so I have the school run again later. The other two are back in nursery tomorrow.
Had my son round this morning, pleading poverty again, no money, no fuel in his van, no food, no elec, same old, same old! He makes me feel so pressurised with his tales of woe. Ended up lending (giving) him some money for fuel and elec. I've come to the conclusion that he is never going to change, never going to grow up etc. Big sigh!

Nicky, hope you first day back in work goes smoothly.

Beautiful pic MB. Enjoy your Christmas.

F.P, I love the eli's under your signature.

See you all later

Stay safe and sober

JUST FOR TODAY, I will refrain from improving anybody but myself.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

I never did get around to walking the dogs yesterday. I was very overtired from waking at 4:00 a.m. I did manage to get and do some food shopping and clean up around the house a little. I got a call from my sister that my nephew's wife had left him and took the baby. It was not drinking related. He does all the cooking and cleaning and also takes care of the baby. She drops her clothes on the floor and my sister and my nephew pick them up. She is always putting my nephew down. She knows that she is a b*tch and is proud of it. She regaled how he was groveling a few months ago for her not to leave. The fight started out with my nephew merely asking her to help out more. She doesn't work and watches movies all day long. She posts on facebook that he can earn the money - while she spends it. I don't think she ever loved him, I think she just wanted a meal ticket and a baby. She had four cats. She left and dumped them at the animal shelter. Needless to say, the one week of sobriety my nephew had was blown. My sister was crying. She said she couldn't go through what she went through 4 years ago with him drinking and coming and going at all hours. He has had a DUI and if the gets another he faces jail time. She asked when I could take him to another AA meeting. I said it was up to him. In my experience, you have to really want to be sober more than you want to drink and he is just not there yet. He said he doesn't like AA. I asked my sister for the reasons why and she didn't know the reasons why. I had given him a list of two meetings for young people. I have asked him to make a list of the pros and cons of drinking, but he never did it. The only support system he has are my sister and myself. All I can do at this point is lead by example and support and encourage him.

MidnightBlue - Wow - 2 hours in the gym! That's impressive. What do you do in the gym? I walk about 6 miles a day on the treadmill, but I would really like to expand and increase my routine. That picture of a herd of elephants was just precious.

Grace - You should be so proud of yourself for being unexpectedly confronted with alcohol and better yet others sniffing it and dealing with it in such a great way! Kudos to you I am so glad to hear that you get a vacation break from the 14th to the 18th. It's so essential to get downtime to rest and relax.

TT - I hope your toothache gets better soon. I had the back of my tooth break off a while back. Fortunately it wasn't too painful.

Nicky - Congratulations on 10 months of sobriety That is a huge accomplishment! I think that really calls for a celebration or treating yourself in some way. One year is right around the corner for you my friend!

FP - Congratulations on 8 months of sobriety:day6 You are one amazing woman. Not only achieving such a wonderful milestone, but giving up caffeine and nicotine.

My plans for the day are to rest up, exercise, talk to my nephew and attend my woman's meeting tonight. Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday!