Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 10

Old 01-17-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Thursday 10pm

Hi folks it's absolutely freezing here tonight. Central Region is on Amber Alert as we're expecting a big snowfall........woohoo! Maybe we'll get the sledges out yet. Thakfully most of my hubbies work is indoors for the next week or so after a last minute shuffle with jobs.

I've been really busy the last few days and never seem tohave a moment to myself, this is not a good thing for me. Under a bit of pressure with various things but thankfully with a clear head I can battle through it all.

I'm sleepover tomorrow night with my wee job which will give me some time to recharge the batteries as it's real easy.

Bloss I've never really bothered with Valentine Decorations in the past but sounds lovely so thanks to you it's on the agenda this year to brighten up the rather dull month of February. My eating's all to pot again so you're one up on the exercise. Good for you. Yeah the app will be good for when I do my sleepovers at work, I can still keep in touch with SR and you guys can keep me company.

Tanja What a lovely maiden name. Bet you're going to enjoy your retirement even more with a healthy body and mind. Hope your babies are all well and behaving. You seem to be embrasing your AA meetings at the moment. I'd lost my way a little with them but have been mixing them up lately and totally love them again. Met some great folk recently.

Grace *sundowning* sounds awful for your poor mum. Just the time of evening when she'll be at her tiredess. Is your brother still staying? Good for you motivating yourself to keep walking at lunch despite the cold weather. So so so cold here at the moment, stingy nose cold...lol I

TTBABP You seem to have got the hang of the *Undies* Lovely having you here. How are you finding your sober journey these days?

Sober1ck As bloss says, there's always this year and you can start saving for the biggest and best decorations.

EFC Lovely of you to check in and Congratualtions on your 50 days! It just gets better. Baby steps all the way.

Boosefree How sensible to reconise you needed time to regroup, taking the day off, smart thinking. Fantastic on your 100 days!

Hey Midnight How's the cold? Hope your feeling better. Take care my friend.

Well undies this has been rather longer than I anticipated, sorry AND there's still....no........snow

Catch you all tomorrow
Big Hugs
x
Old 01-17-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hiya Dee. Hope you're looking after yourself.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good Nicky

D
Old 01-18-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caledonia1 View Post
TTBABP You seem to have got the hang of the *Undies* Lovely having you here. How are you finding your sober journey these days? x
As it turns out after awhile it becomes quite fun to refer to oneself and others as Undies. Believe it or not the sober journey thus far has not been too hard but I am still very early on. It'[s the weekends and even more so the events that I must worry about mainly. I am trying to keep on guard because I sometimes feel as though I am getting a false sense of security and I know that can lead to disaster. I think once I have gone through a whole year and faced every season, event, holiday etc that I used to exeprience with wine in hand without wine in hand - I will then be most confident and secure in my ability to remain a non-drinker. Until then then I will keep my guard up and rely on all of you here for the wonderful support that kept me going all thorugh out the holiday season until now. Thank you.

Must off to actually do a bit of work now. Be well everyone until later.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies! I've been missing you.

My cold isn't gone yet. Actually, a couple of days ago I ventured outside and it immediately became worse and next day I got high temperature again. My, I hate it. I haven't been ti gym for a week, fell like my muscles are falling apart) And I had some urgent work to do so plugged off internet to focus on work. And I had some cravings today, maybe for about 15 minutes. I was tired and not feeling well and really wanted a glass of wine just to relax and fall asleep. Well, I didn't give in, black wolf is starving)

Nicky - hi, my friend) Keep safe while it's freeaing and snowing. It's been snowing heavy for two days here, and there is real mayhem on roads. Don't work too hard) You know, we have a saying: "Work is not a wolf, it won't run into the woods"))))

Bloss - one mile on TM is fine. 15 minutes of exercising a day is enough to benefit you)

TTBABP - I understand you about false feeling of security. I've just had one today that tried to convince me that I will be ok with "just one".

Grace - glad to hear you are having a day off) Hope, you'll find some time to pamper youserlf in your hectic schedule.

Tanja - kudos to you on 9.5 miles!

My best wishes to all the Undies!

Have great sober weekend.

I'll see you later)
Old 01-18-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi undies
Bare with me tonight using phone as at work sleepover. Really disappointed the snow is all over ExcEPT where I live.:-( tomorrow maybe.

Ttbabp I used to worry about future events but it was suggested that we just keep our thoughts on today, one day at a time. Works for me. Your doing fabby.

Midnight Aww how awful you're still unwell thus the craving it sure is cunning baffling and powerful. You did amazingly to dismiss the urge.

Hello all my other lovely friends.have a good day/evening.

Grace hope you get to chill out this evening I know how hectic your Fridays can be.

Hugs
X
Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Undies
I have no major plans this weekend, may go spend some of the gift certificates I was given at the holidays. B. has a football game he intends to watch Sunday, I might just do something else. Yoga, cooking class, haven't decided yet.

Nicky: Enjoy the sleepover and I am looking forward to seeing you post with the App. A few hearts and some flowers might add a little cheer to the month of February.

TTBABP: I think it's good to be prepared for "sticky" drinking situations which could arise. All of us have endured a great deal of pain from alcohol. Its a positive that you are aware and taking proactive measures, when necessary.

M.B. I really hope that pesky cold goes away soon. So glad to read you did not give into the wolf. Thanks for the encouragment about working out. I'm trying to get back to 30 minutes of some sort of cardio daily, and add in strength training. When I was younger, like 15 years ago or more, I was a gym rat. I have to be careful and work up slowly, otherwise, I'll hurt myself and quit.

Everyone posting or just reading posts
Have a safe, enjoyable Friday
Bloss
Old 01-18-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, Nicky)

I would be happy to share some snow with you - I think I have enough on the top of my car to sledge on it) I'll try to send you some)

Take care)
Old 01-18-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Bloss - gift certificates, yoga class and cooking sound fine to me for a lazy holiday. You are absolutely right about workin up slowely - slow and steady wins the race)

Have a good day)
Old 01-18-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
Happy Friday Undies
I have no major plans this weekend, may go spend some of the gift certificates I was given at the holidays. B. has a football game he intends to watch Sunday, I might just do something else. Yoga, cooking class, haven't decided yet.

Bloss
My kinda ideal weekend. Enjoy! The apps good but the signal at work is awful. I'm pacing about the livingroom searching for best signal. Lol
Take care and enjoy
X
Old 01-18-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, Nicky)

I would be happy to share some snow with you - I think I have enough on the top of my car to sledge on it) I'll try to send you some)

Take care)
Haha sledging down a car would be great. It's coming now slowly but surely.;-)
Old 01-18-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Well I guess I am an "undie" too! I like that word. I will be coming up on 6 months. I can't believe it actually. It just seems like yesterday that I started out.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hello LadyinBC - love your avatar (Loved the other one too with the karate hamster or guinea pig or whatever that animal was)

Nicky & bloss thank for the encoragement and advice. I intend to continue to us this as a great sober resource because there are so many people like you who take the time to be supportive and encouraging. Its nice!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great weekend guys

D
Old 01-18-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Welcome LadyinBC

Almost 6 months is really great, the under one year group is very supportive and helpful. Glad you are with us.
Bloss
Old 01-18-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry I missed your post LadyinBC - welcome

D
Old 01-18-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi all

Missed you all today, I did start a big post last night, got half way through it, the little one started crying in bed and I lost it, too late then to start all over again.

It's been snowing thick and fast here today, the schools closed at lunch time so I've had the three terrors most of the day, took them to see my parents then came back home, put our winter woollies on and build a snowman in the back garden, followed by a bit of a snowball fight. They loved it, happy memories!

Sorry, I've not got time to post to you all tonight, hopefully I'll catch up properly tomorrow. I'm just struggling a bit at the moment trying to fit everything in!

See you all tomorrow.

Stay safe.

Hey, just realised I'm on 5 months tomorrow, well today now, it's just gone midnight. Woo hoo.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Grace

D
Old 01-18-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Grace: I'm so happy for you.

Congratulations, 5 months is awesome!