Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 04-21-2005, 07:30 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey Sherry! Isn't it great when we have people come into our lives that actually have positive influences? Even though they say that "opposites attract", I actually believe that like attracts like. When I was caught up in my drinking and all the negative junk that comes along with it...I was definitely attracting people into my life that had the same sort of stuff going on and it just reinforced that type of lifestyle. Now, the people in my life are shining rays of hope and light.
Richie--hope you're feeling better. I totally understand the whole cranky and eating too much thing. But, I would take my worst days sober than any day drinking!
Eddie--Yay for you and all the good stuff that's happening! I'm definitely looking forward to better weather and all the lovely flowers!
Grateful that today I'm sober and accomplishing more in my life than I ever dreamed possible.
Danielle
Old 04-21-2005, 03:39 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hey Danielle and Sherry and Eddie,
I hope you are all having a great day.I had a very busy day at work today but I won't complain.I'm happy to be living the straight life,finally after all these years.You are right,Danielle.Even the bad days now are better than the old days(and the old ways).
As for being cranky:I that that is a skill I have developed and I'm very good at it.I may be cranky,but I'm not mean.Underneath I have a soft heart.(Don't tell anyone though).
God bless you all,and good night.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:01 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hey Eddie, Richie and Danielle. I have to agree with the 2 of you in saying that my worst day sober is better than my best day high! It's great to be clean and free from the bondage of addiction.

I am grateful that it was warmer than predicted today. I love it when the weather man is wrong! Hope everyone has a great night. I'm off to a meeting soon.

Love and Hugs........Sherry
Old 04-22-2005, 04:37 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

This warm weather has been so lovely lately. It is now time for long walks in the park. The flowers, trees, fresh air, etc. It is so good to be alive and sober to witness these beautiful moments right in front of our faces.

Life is in full bloom and it sure does feel great.

I'm glad to see everyone doing so well! See the look of joy on my face, hehe.

Love,
Hope
Old 04-23-2005, 08:31 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Tonight I am grateful for having a wonderful friend to enjoy quality time with. We went to the movies tonight and had a nice time. It's great to have fun and not have to get high to do it. We went and saw hostage with Bruce Willis. What a good movie!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful night, and a blessed day tomorrow!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:52 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Good afternoon, friends. Today I am grateful that the weather man was wrong and it's not raining. I am about to go out there and enjoy it, while it's here. I am grateful for my best friend, Katie, who taught me how to play hacky sack last year. It really is a lot of fun, even though I don't play very well. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. ((((Eddie, Richie, Hope, and Danielle))))
Old 04-26-2005, 04:05 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Sherry,Eddie,Danielle,and Hope.
I'm so grateful to have my new guitar that I bought Sunday.It's an Ibanez hollow body electric.The nicest one I have owned in years thanks to the fact that I don't spend all my money on dope anymore.
You all have a nice night.I'll be in my room jamming.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:56 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi Richie, Sherry, Eddie and Danielle!
I'm grateful that I got to run through the rain today and be reminded of my childhood days. It brought back those good memories. I also got to help my cousin celebrate her birthday and it just felt good to be sober to be with the people I care about. Life is good and getting better all the time.

Have a good night friends!

Love,
Hope
Old 04-27-2005, 09:34 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful once again that the weatherman was wrong in his forecast, so far! It is another beautiful day to be outside enjoying all the beauty of nature. Richie, Eddie, Danielle, and Hope: Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:01 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Danielle!
Keep jammin', Richie!
Hey, Sherry and Hope!

I am grateful to have a SPONSEE now! She is a little older than me, which is somewhat odd, but I'm still happy have her and be able to give back.

Grateful for my dad re-tilling the future flower bed so I don't have to hoe it before I plant my dahlias. I hope to be able to do that this weekend.

Have a good one, everybody!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-29-2005, 08:27 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey everyone! Hope this thread finds you well!
Today I am VERY grateful that by finding sobriety, I have found the strength and courage to stand in the truth of who I am. For the longest time, for reasons really beyond my control--I've lived my life shrouded behind a wall of fear. I was a walking shell of my former self and I made a lot of sacrifices in order to keep the status quo. No way could I ever draw attention to myself, especially when my foundation was shaky and unsolid. Today, I've learned to speak my mind and let myself show "who I really am" to others without that fear of being ridiculed, judged, etc. I am now living the life *I* want to live, and not the life I think *others* think I should live.
I just found out I was accepted into Oakland University--I college here in Michigan, and I'm going back to school to get my BS in Nursing. It took me about 10 years of on again/off again college--not really sure that it was the best thing for me to be doing at the age of 18, but only doing what others thought I should be...and in the process, getting wrapped up in my self-loathing and alcoholism to finally realize: "HEY! What am I doing???" Taking a step back, getting myself together...I finally feel that I'm ready and willing to start living. Really living.
This may sound strange, but alcoholism is a very debilitating and horrendous affliction...yet, it opened the door to my freedom in the end. I had to go through my own personal hell to finally reach the heaven I've always dreamed of.
It's a beautiful thing!
Danielle
Old 04-29-2005, 12:04 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Sherry,Eddie,Hope and Danielle.
It's good to see you all in such good spirits.I been feeling pretty good myself,lately.Today makes eight months without getting high.It seems like longer.I'm so happy to be free.
You all have a great day,okay!
Old 04-29-2005, 01:20 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Yay Richie!
That is sooooo wonderful. Way to go, my friend.
Danielle, congrats on going to school to finish your nursing. I can totally identify with the theory you have on Alcoholism. It opened the door to heaven for me, too. I have met such wonderful people and have been able to change my thinking and living skills. I have a whole lot of people in my life now that truly care about me.

Eddie and Hope...love the 2 of you, too. It's great to have such a wonderful place to come and hear about the gratitude we all have. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:03 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
No expectations!

What a wonderful way to START my day!!

Thanks so much for sharing, Danielle. That's the kind of gratitude this thread is all about! And congratulations, too!

And Richie, congratulations to you, too! Eight months rocks!

Sherry, thank you also. Now, where's Hope?

I am grateful today for this thread and Danielle reminding me how much better my life is today than when I was using.

Also grateful for a good meeting last night and my husband sharing some of his dilemmas and getting some really good feedback.

The weather is iffy, so I don't know if I'll get those dahlias planted or not. We'll see...

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-01-2005, 07:58 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
No expectations!

This morning I am grateful that I DID in fact get my dahlias planted yesterday! It has inspired me to want to play in the dirt some more today. I have lots of things that need re-potting.

Also grateful to have more time here at SR once again and to not be buried in schoolwork. Although I do have plenty of other things I probably should be doing. teehee.

Have a great Sunday, everybody!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-01-2005, 01:00 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Glad to have have you back,Eddie.Had any dreams about Joe Strummer lately?
Hey everyone.I just got back from seeing "The Hitchiker's Guide To the Galaxy".I heartily recomend it!
Old 05-02-2005, 03:57 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

It's great that you have a little more free time, Eddie. Now we can hear from you a little more often. That's great news.

Today I am grateful to be sober. It hasn't been a very exciting day, but it has been a sober one! I will be going to a meeting later and sitting at the "fun table". It's a great time and we have a lot of laughs at this meeting. It is one of my favorites because we all need to have a little fun here and there!

Glad to know that everyone is doing well. Talk to you guys soon.

Love and Hugs.......Sherry
Old 05-02-2005, 05:57 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by Richie
Glad to have have you back,Eddie.Had any dreams about Joe Strummer lately?
Hey everyone.I just got back from seeing "The Hitchiker's Guide To the Galaxy".I heartily recomend it!
No Joe lately. Last week, though, I dreamt about Brad Pitt about three times. Rather odd for me. Jazpoppy recommended "the Guide" as well. I was planning on seeing it anyway, but this clinches it!

Yeah, Sherry, it's good to be back!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-06-2005, 03:51 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Hope all is well with my cyber friends. Today I am grateful for having a beautiful day outside. The sunshine is a wonderful change. Also, I had the chance to spend the day with my Mother. We are on our way back out to shop again. Have a great night.

Love and Hugs........Sherry
Old 05-06-2005, 04:06 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi everyone,
Here is the secret to being able to fly.
It's easy.
You just throw yourself at the ground...and miss!

Have a nice night.