Blogs

Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 01-16-2005, 12:28 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you very much, Richie! My mom actually BOUGHT me a sheet cake from the grocery store, miracle of miracles. I wish I could send YOU a piece online. LOL.
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-16-2005, 09:38 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I will go back and catch up on the posts, tomorrow. I just wanted to let ya'll know that my gratitude is that we made it home safely tonight. I am grateful that God watched over us, as it snowed from West Virginia to New York. There were a lot of accidents, and thank God none of them involved us. I will be posting some pics of the cruise in a few days.

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EDDIE!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:19 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks again, Sherry! And welcome home! Glad you had a good trip and made it back alright.
Love and hugs,
eddie
Old 01-17-2005, 01:15 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Welcome back Sherry...I'm glad that you had a good time. Oh, and Happy Be-lated Birthday Eddie! You rock!
Richie--how's it going?
Well, tonight I'm thankful for a new job offer I was given on Friday--one that will offer me a good opportunity to excel (with a larger paycheck--BONUS!).
I know that the old-timers don't recommend big changes the first year of recovery, but I honestly think that this is what my HP wants for me...otherwise it wouldn't have come to fruition.
My gratitude was definitely tested this weekend after suffering a minor episode. I have "female" horomone problems and every month just like clockwork, the anxiety hits me like a brick. I'm glad I finally did something about it. Self-medicating with alcohol was a major bummer. During these times I pretty much white-knuckle my sobriety and instead of isolating I should be unloading...at a meeting! Still learning...slowly but surely. So, I'm grateful for that too.

Good Evening All,
Danielle
Old 01-17-2005, 02:44 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Welcome back Sherry.I'm glad you had a safe trip.
Hey Danielle.Congratulations on your new job opportunity.I hope everything works out great for you.
Hey Eddie.I'm still waiting for my Clash to get here.I'm getting pretty impatient.The mail didn't even run today since its a holiday(even though I had to work).Anyway I hope you had a real nice birthday.I'll be eating leftover cake tonight.
God bless you all!
Old 01-17-2005, 04:32 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Danielle!! And thank you again, Richie! I'm waiting to hear what you think.

Grateful to have my home continuing education hours done for the year already, thanks to the wonders of the internet!

Grateful for a warm home in this c-c-cold weather. Now all I need is a fire in the fireplace.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-17-2005, 06:32 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

I'm glad to see that everyone is doing well. I hope everything goes well at your job, Danielle. I hope you get your Clash, Richie. And I hope you get a fire in the fireplace, Eddie. It is absolutely freezing here! I miss the islands! I'm ever so grateful to be home, though. It was great to get back to my regular meetings, and everyone welcomed me home with open arms. I saw their faces light up when I walked in the room. A few people were concerned because I've been gone for 2 weeks. I'm grateful to have true friends that were concerned about me. It's so great to be sober!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:20 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I'm Grateful Sherry's Home !!!!!!!!

Where's My Pictures Lmao
Old 01-18-2005, 07:10 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Ok, I hate to do this to everyone, but I posted all the pics on the newbie bus. I had someone host them and send me the links, so please go there and check them out. I do have one of the links left. Check out this sunset.

Old 01-19-2005, 02:34 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
No expectations!

That's beautiful! Thank you, Sherry! I'll have to hop on the bus I guess, too.

Grateful that I was in High Point today to see some snow come down! We apparently didn't get any here at home.

Grateful for my 2005 pharmacist license! I can't believe it's already here and they didn't say anything about the restrictions on it. That's downright weird.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-21-2005, 04:40 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Tonight I am grateful to have a roof over my head. It is 2 degrees outside, that's not including the wind chill. I don't usually skip meetings, but I am tonight. I am grateful that my mouth is starting to feel a little better. I had to have a tooth removed Wednesday and I ended up having to get stitches because it wouldn't come out. I felt terrible yesterday, but am grateful that I did not go back to my old ways and self medicate! Sweet dreams everyone, I'm gonna go lay down and watch some tv.

love and hugs,

Sherry
Old 01-21-2005, 04:50 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Yeah, you take it easy, honey!

Tonight I am grateful that my criminal record has finally been EXPUNGED!!!

And so grateful that, even though this has been kind of a rough week, I do NOT have the urge to use! Hurrah!

Love and hugs,
EDdie
Old 01-22-2005, 03:52 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

The weather is pretty nasty here tonight.I'm grateful to have a warm home with a loving family in it.I'm also grateful that my mother got a good report from her doctor yesterday.
Haven't had time to listen to my new Clash yet,Eddie.I enjoyed your pics ,Sherry.Hope you all have a nice and safe night.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:29 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that your Mother got a good report from the doctor, Richie. I am also grateful to have a warm place to be. We got 8 inches of snow today, and it's only 8 degrees outside to boot. I am grateful that my mouth is feeling better! I finally got to eat today! Everyone take care and stay warm.

Love and Hugs.......Sherry
Old 01-22-2005, 05:15 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Richie! Hey, Sherry!

I'm grateful to have a relatively warm home, too. It's downright disgusting outside here. We tend not to have much snow here, but more ice, sleet, freezing rain, and the like. I went to the mailbox twice and other than that, I haven't left the porch.

Grateful that I got some things done that I had been procrastinating on. Some schoolwork and some laundry put away from ages ago. Oh, and I'm thankful for the PM I got from wichitagirl. It was a thank-you note and very kind.

Glad that Richie's mom got a good report, that Sherry's mouth is better, that Ama is back, and well, that's enough for now. I'll say it again. Hope everybody stays warm!

Love and warmth,
Eddie
Old 01-22-2005, 07:59 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Tobi

I am grateful that God is in my heart, I have another day clean, I have a warm place, loving family supporting me, and I am grateful that I have a sled to ride on all this SNOW!! And I am grateful that I am now able to be grateful for the things I have, instead of full of sorrow for the things I've lost.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:17 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by retribution
And I am grateful that I am now able to be grateful for the things I have, instead of full of sorrow for the things I've lost.
Welcome to the thread, Tobi! Well put! I have a sled (somewhere), but no snow. I'm still waiting...
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-22-2005, 09:00 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Tobi

Thank you for the welcome Eddie, I would be more than happy to give you some of ours, 24 inches expected by tomorrow afternoon.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:30 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Welcome to the thread, Tobi! I am grateful that this thread continues to live on and grow. I am grateful for the friendships that are made on these boards. I am grateful that this site exists and allows me to have access to sober people 24 hours a day. Have a great night all!

Sherry
Old 01-23-2005, 06:32 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I'll take it, Tobi! It cleared up today, but it's still bitterly cold.

Grateful for tanning beds! I got to get SOME warmth today.

Grateful for AA! Without AA, there would be no NA. Plus they have more accessible meetings. LOL. I'm so lazy...

Love and hugs,
Eddie