View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 01:42 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Jalyn
just j

Hello Friends,

There is so much to be thankful for, and especially at this time of year it is so easy to get caught up in the shopping and the buying and the frenzy that our society has made Christmas into.....it is not easy to bring the focus back to what it is all supposed to be about.

I am thankful for the ability to give my children a wonderful Christmas but also hope that they keep in mind those less fortunate. Today it is 2 degrees outside and I am so very grateful for my warm home. I am grateful to the post office for staying open late for all of us who have so many gifts to mail to far off places. I am grateful for those who are fighting in Iraq.

I am grateful for my sobriety and especially at times around the holidays where I have to say no more than usual. I am grateful for the support I get from family, friends and all of you here. I am grateful for my sponsor.

I am grateful for time. I seem to have so very little of it lately. I am grateful for the ability to choose what to do with my time. I am grateful for freedom.

I am grateful for:

the shopping being done
the gifts already sent
the gifts that are wrapped
the vacation is almost here
the time to spend with my kids
the books I will read
the meals I will cook (that don't come out of a can or box)
the friends I will see
my faith in God to see me through all of my days of sobriety.

Thank you to all of you for always being here to listen and lend support. I always love coming here to see how you are all doing!!

Have a wonderful evening with people whom you love! Hugs, Jalyn