Notices

TOD has One Year Clean!

Old 11-13-2015, 10:48 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
(((TOD))) Have a good night's sleep. Tell Jethro I said hello.

Ah yes winter. I can't wait for the cold weather to get here.

This is why I love snow.

Hugs and prayers
TB
OH! That poor Chi! What was that guy thinking?

My indoor miniature rabbit loved running the snow trails in the backyard at the apartment complex in Wisconsin when I lived there! I had a hole dug out in the snow bank that he'd run to and back into it when he wanted to get out of the wind. He could also scamper across the snow like there wasn't anything to it! After bringing him back inside to warm up? He'd sit on his butt and use his front paws to clean the snow off his face! He was a sweety!

TOD
Old 11-14-2015, 01:32 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Kz!

What'cha doing up at 3:30 AM? Hmmmmmmmmmm?

TOD
Old 11-14-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hey Tod,
Happy belated Veteran's Day! It sounds like you and Jethro had a really great day!
My maiden name initials were KP & my dad retired from the Navy, so Kp duty was a term I heard often growing up lol. Didn't much like it either, ha!

I just read that it was a hawk that got Marilyn. I didn't realize that. Oh man, that's horrible! I really am so, so sorry hun.

I wouldn't know about how costly a plumber would be either...thk goodness! Rob is pretty much a jack of all trades too.

Hope your wkend is going well. (( Hugs ))
Old 11-14-2015, 02:19 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Kz!

Yes Veteran's Day was a lazy day for myself around here! It was lighthearted for the both of us! That is after Jethro got his belly full! LOL

KP - Ugh! I got pulled out of training eight times to do KP while in Basic Training! The Kitchen Sarge loved me! She was a tough old gal too! When I graduated Basic she wrote in my Annual! "You are more than welcome to come do KP for me anytime!" I just groaned when I read it standing beside her. She got a good chuckle out of it! The best part about doing KP was going to the back docks to pull the mermites off the trucks! Then it was the leftover desserts! OMG! They had the best cheese cake I've ever tasted. We'd all stand on the dock eating them. LOL

Yeah! Poor Marilyn! She died knowing we loved her and she lived seven months here with us. She's buried in the chicken grave yard. If she'd still been at my cousins? She'd been supper for the family! Makes me shudder! I could never eat an animal I've raised! The old farmer that I rented from in WI killed off his kids' pet chickens when they were still small. He put their names on the packages and then put them in the freezer. I was horrified!

It's 38 degrees right now! I have the gas stove pumping out the heat in the porch room. I have a sheet spread out on the floor and Molly is running around on the floor. I also put a heat bulb in the corner for her. She'll go stand under it and primp her feathers for hours. Marvin gave up trying to flirt with her and is back asleep in his large crate!

Have a wonderful weekend Kz! We are all learning what joy is to live clean and free of drugs or alcohol! Jethro is also a happy man these days. He's all excited about getting his pole barn built so he can turn it into a shop to work out of! He's got lot's to do before it happens though! It's a good thing it isn't being built until after the first of the year! He's been telling ppl all over the city he's going to have his own workshop in the near future. He better give out his cell phone number and NOT the house phone number! I've already told him: "That's your shop, not mine! Leave me out of it!"

TOD
Old 11-14-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice weekend
Old 11-14-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Fabulous on one year Todd!!!
Old 11-14-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

You too soberwolf!

I just came out here on the porch to take a break from laundry plus all the rest of the house chores. And folding a whole set of china dishes up into newspaper to pack away! Ugh! And to think back in my younger years I worked for a company as a mover and packer! LOL

I was outside earlier on the porch and I heard two Owls hooten back and forth! And low and behind when I got out here I saw one take off in flight from a limb close to the window! Poor Molly was tucked underneath Marvin's carrier hiding! His carrier is up on milk crates! As soon as I stepped out here? She started walking around again. I can see her little mind thinking: "Take that you big ole Owl! Momma's out here now!" LOL She's standing beside my chair doing her stance of it's bedtime Momma! So I better get her in it!

TOD
Old 11-14-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
Fabulous on one year Todd!!!
Thank you MariahGayle!

TOD
Old 11-14-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((TOD))) Good morning dear one. Or in your case good night LOL

What the heck is a pole barn? Being a ex New Yorker these words and phrases that you use are very confusing to me

You know what will be nice instead of having your chickens have all the limelight, how about some pictures of your dogs and cats?

Oh, and that thing that you show me on text message yesterday, I took care of that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-14-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
(((TOD))) Good morning dear one. Or in your case good night LOL

What the heck is a pole barn? Being a ex New Yorker these words and phrases that you use are very confusing to me

You know what will be nice instead of having your chickens have all the limelight, how about some pictures of your dogs and cats?

Oh, and that thing that you show me on text message yesterday, I took care of that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

Hugs and prayers
TB
Okay! Now that I've stopped choking on my glass of water full of bones! Wink Wink! And I'm done laughing my butt off! I'll explain a pole barn for ya! But? Knowing how you are? I'm sure you've already googled it! LOL

And what's this business of you can't understand country talk? How long have we been communicating now? Hmmmmmm

A pole barn is basically easier to build than structures using typical construction methods! It's constructed of poles to hold it together. It's got walls and a roof! Unlike your house would be built! It's going to have concrete floors and a concrete lean to area as well. Have you ever seen these metal carport structures w/o the sides on them? That's how a pole barn starts out! Only it's much larger! It will have two windows, one rollup door and one regular door!

Jethro will have to wire it for electricity! He's also got to put the piping in for the bathroom and the pipes in for the pellet stove! Then he's got to get all the equipment moved from his barn into the new shop! I'm as happy as a pumpkin seed being spit out having the open areas to put stuff in, that's in my way now! I might have to hire those hunky college guys to do all the lifting and moving for us? As long as they have weak minds and strong backs? I really don't care how they look!

As for the cats, 3 of them! Those are Jethro's cats. I don't have anything to do with them! Sorry! But I'll ask him to take pictures so I can post them.

We only have the one outside dog! I have pictures I can post!

You happy now?

Good job on taking care of the tech stuff! Sometimes TB?

TOD
Old 11-14-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Yea, I know Marilyn had a great life w/you guys! I joined SR about the same time as you got her. I remember getting Jethro mixed up w/Marvin! Rotf! My brain was still real fuzzy back then lol.

That farmer in WI story was creepy! Yikes! When we had our mini farm, we did buy a pig every yr., meant to slaughter. But, I never got too close to the pigs.
I did shoot a chicken 1 time. It was Rob's favorite chic, followed him everywhere. But, boy did that darn chicken go after our 2 youngest kids. The kids were only 5 & 6 at the time & couldn't step outside w/out that chicken spurring them. The 3rd or 4th time it happened & the kids came in all bloodied, I decided enough was enough.

I'm glad to hear about Jethro's impending pole barn. It's great to have a project to be excited about!

Have a clean day!
Old 11-14-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Shooting that chicken was almost as bad as me throwing a rock at a Guinea to stop fighting with another one. Dad loved his Guineas! The problem though was I threw the rock in their direction and hit the damned thing in the head. It dropped where it stood! OH CHIT! I just knew I was in trouble! I was around 11 years old at the time.

I squatted down on my feet, wrapped my arms around my legs and just rocked back and forth while staring at that damned Guinea! I was out beside the pumphouse when this happened. Well finally that stupid Guinea got up and wobbled off! I stood up and said to it: "That'll teach ya not to fight with others!"

When I got to the house Dad was sitting on the porch looking my way! Ahhh hell! I told him I thought I had killed his Guinea! He said: "Yep! I watched the whole thing!" My face turned beet red and my hands started sweating! He busted out laughing then told me the Guinea deserved a good lesson!

Talk about being embarrassed? LOL I turned on my barefooted heel and walked off. I could hear Dad just laughing his head off!

Did you read that barefooted comment TB? Yep! I went w/o shoes for years! ROFL True country here!

TOD
Old 11-14-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Soberwolf!

Are you okay with all that villiance happening over there?

TOD
Old 11-15-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) Good morning dear one. And, good night

I read that email. Very sad indeed. I thought I been through a lot of crap in my life but she definitely been through the mill and back.

How's the weather gonna be in your neck of the woods?

Did I tell you, I got a new pancake maker. Pancakes ready in two minutes without a mess.

Pass the syrup and butter please LOL

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-16-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

TB: You keep buying all these Fancy Doo Dads to use to make your life easier in the kitchen? You're going to pack on the pounds! That's not a good thing when you are looking at knee surgery in your future. Your knees aren't going to like you now for all the extra weight you'll be carrying around. SO? Are those fat free pancakes you're going to be eating? As well as the butter and syrup?

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about buying Christmas gifts this year! Woot! Woot! The family usually draws names, but this year we didn't! I'll send out a few money orders and that'll be done! My granddaughter has a school project going on to make money for a trip. So I did some Christmas shopping on the site for me and Jethro to help her out! Five weeks left before Christmas gets here. DOH! And Thanksgiving is next week! Yikes!

I told Jethro when I got up yesterday evening: "Don't say a word if you hear the vacuum cleaner zooming around the house after you go to bed? Like you did on the 4wheelers by my bedroom window today!" LOL He didn't say a peep back to me! Even Maria agreed with me by using her sound of UH HUH! Jethro pushed her down on his shoulder and told her not to be agreeing with momma! LOL

I watched the movie Jurassic Park Saturday night. The latest one out! I liked it! Last night I watched EXODUS Gods and Kings! It was good, but it's really just another version of Moses! And there's probably going to be a Part II!

Jethro was on a roll tonight with his little catch phrases! He's always trying to trip me up on things I say. He got it right back tonight though! I told him TB said to take pictures of his cats for ya! He gave me a big thumbs up! Now we'll see how long it takes for that to happen! He also says hello back to ya! And wishes you a big congrat's on getting rid of the Hep C!

Yes the email news is sad! But there's also good news too!

Starting today thru Wednesday we are going to be getting heavy rain! Then we'll drop in temps! I just hope next week on Thanksgiving Day we have decent weather. My older sister is having all of us gather to take down two dead trees right beside their house! Mom will be at her house cooking the Turkey and sides to go with it! Not everybody has the time off like us two Retirees here at our house. So with everyone off that day? It's going to be a work day! I'm just waiting for TOD and Jethro's place to have one of those work days around here!

Okay! Molly's telling me it's her bedtime. That girl has a clock in her somewhere. Right before it gets daylight she's cranking up to tell me she needs to go to bed!

Wishing everyone a clean day!

TOD
Old 11-16-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
TB: You keep buying all these Fancy Doo Dads to use to make your life easier in the kitchen? You're going to pack on the pounds! That's not a good thing when you are looking at knee surgery in your future. Your knees aren't going to like you now for all the extra weight you'll be carrying around. SO? Are those fat free pancakes you're going to be eating? As well as the butter and syrup?
Are you kidding me I couldn't afford that machine. That machine is around $3000. In fact, I'm not a big fan of pancakes. I might have pancakes maybe twice a year.

Talking about Christmas. What you want for Christmas? And don't tell me a carton of cigarettes cause that's not going to happen LOL

While you was watching movies, I was watching the New England Patriots and there hall of fame quarterback Brady schooled the New York Giants on how to run a two-minute offense. Anybody who knows anything about football knows, you can't give Brady anytime on the clock or he will beat you. Anyway, the Giants had their chance to put the game away but they blew it. New England pulled out a win in the last minute of the game to win 27 - 26.

The weather is absolutely beautiful here. It's 35° and I have front door and all the windows open letting the cool breeze in. The cats are loving this weather as their hanging out looking out the front door for squirrels LOL

Tell Jethro thanks for the well wishes. Also keep reminding him about taking the pictures.

Hugs and prayers to all
TB
Old 11-16-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Holy Smackers TB! I guess that things for a huge family or restaurant? That's a bundle! Yolzerrrrrr

Talking about Christmas. What you want for Christmas? And don't tell me a carton of cigarettes cause that's not going to happen LOL You don't have to get me anything! But I appreciate the offer!

Did you watch Brady on the show with Bear G.? Where they take on the environment? Brady talked about his mom's suicide. Bear had him jump on the back of an alligator! Or at least I think that was Brady?

Squirrels my foot! They're looking for those nosie guineas! ROFL

Jethro and I were in the kitchen cooking cat fish last night. I was calmly going about getting things ready to cook and he was fussing and forgetting everything! I made a bag with cornmeal in it for my fish and another bag with his fish batter. He saw his batter container back in the cabinet and told me to get that back out so his fish could be coated with that! I pointed at the two different bags of batter! He said: "Oh!" GEEEEEZZZZZZ I finally asked him: "Did you leave your mind in bed this morning when you got up?" His answer back: "Get out of my way and zip it!" LOL

It doesn't matter how many times a day he's eaten? If I start cooking something? He's standing over my shoulder to see what's cooking! I love grill cheese sandwiches with deep fried FF's. He doesn't like grill cheese sandwiches, but loves FF's. So I've learned to cook extra FF's now!

Okay! Way past my bedtime! Have a Good Day everyone!

TOD
Old 11-17-2015, 01:56 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 11-17-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Yep! I'm still awake! I'm keeping an eye on the radar. The wind has already picked up sufficiently! Marvin doesn't like it! But he'll stay out in it if he can crow/talk momma into coming outside with him! LOL

I was just putting sausage in the skillet to cook when Jethro appeared behind me. Geeeezzzz What is it with men appearing in the kitchen when food is being cooked? Anyhow! I cooked the sausage and then added scrambled eggs to the mix. I made some toast, loaded my plate and headed to the table. Jethro was on the phone with my mom. She said she got up at 5:00 AM. I laughed and told her she could have called ME at that time. Then Jethro said: "Why? You wouldn't have been able to help her figure out her electrical problem, anymore than I am!" I said: "Well we still could have diagnosed the problem!" Mom quickly agreed! Jethro held his hands up in resignation! LOL Ever since I told mom how to use the speaker on her handset? She uses it all the time and can talk for hours! We've learned to wait for her to take a breath or pause to think of something else to say before we say anything. She'll just talk over the top us if we don't wait!

Y'all know I talk about everything here, but it's to help others see they too can have a good life off their DOC! I don't want to just talk about addiction and recovery! That's not what recovery is all about anyway! Once we get a handle on living w/o our DOC? It's easier to live w/o constantly reminding myself I'm a recovering addict! I don't want to think IT 24/7 in other words! I hear enough about it from the news and family members using or drinking!

I just found out my 18 yro nephew that was in a great school was put out because he popped hot on a urine test! ARGH! Just pizzes me off! I don't know what the hell he's going to do with himself now. He was learning how to be a welder. Was doing really good too! He was smoking MJ before he went in so that's probably what he used and got caught at doing. Or it could have been meth? Either way? He screwed his chance up at a great career because he chose to use while there. I hope he gets his chit together and finds a way to get it together.

soberwolf: I'm glad to see you checking in! Was worried about you!

Wishing everyone a clean day!

TOD
Old 11-17-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Do your best

Worried about Moi ?