View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Yep! I'm still awake! I'm keeping an eye on the radar. The wind has already picked up sufficiently! Marvin doesn't like it! But he'll stay out in it if he can crow/talk momma into coming outside with him! LOL

I was just putting sausage in the skillet to cook when Jethro appeared behind me. Geeeezzzz What is it with men appearing in the kitchen when food is being cooked? Anyhow! I cooked the sausage and then added scrambled eggs to the mix. I made some toast, loaded my plate and headed to the table. Jethro was on the phone with my mom. She said she got up at 5:00 AM. I laughed and told her she could have called ME at that time. Then Jethro said: "Why? You wouldn't have been able to help her figure out her electrical problem, anymore than I am!" I said: "Well we still could have diagnosed the problem!" Mom quickly agreed! Jethro held his hands up in resignation! LOL Ever since I told mom how to use the speaker on her handset? She uses it all the time and can talk for hours! We've learned to wait for her to take a breath or pause to think of something else to say before we say anything. She'll just talk over the top us if we don't wait!

Y'all know I talk about everything here, but it's to help others see they too can have a good life off their DOC! I don't want to just talk about addiction and recovery! That's not what recovery is all about anyway! Once we get a handle on living w/o our DOC? It's easier to live w/o constantly reminding myself I'm a recovering addict! I don't want to think IT 24/7 in other words! I hear enough about it from the news and family members using or drinking!

I just found out my 18 yro nephew that was in a great school was put out because he popped hot on a urine test! ARGH! Just pizzes me off! I don't know what the hell he's going to do with himself now. He was learning how to be a welder. Was doing really good too! He was smoking MJ before he went in so that's probably what he used and got caught at doing. Or it could have been meth? Either way? He screwed his chance up at a great career because he chose to use while there. I hope he gets his chit together and finds a way to get it together.

soberwolf: I'm glad to see you checking in! Was worried about you!

Wishing everyone a clean day!

TOD