Notices

Probuphine implant

Old 01-13-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Probuphine implant

Does anyone have experience with the implant? How does it compare to naltrexone or vivitrol?

Can The Probuphine Implant Make A Difference In Treating Addiction?
Old 01-14-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not sure this is available yet? I am currently on suboxone (strips) and feel it's a huge reason I've not relapsed in the past 3 years.

I have experience with vivitrol also. But took the pills, not the implant. That also helped me but when I quit taking it....I relapsed.

I'm going very slow this time and tapering off the sub in hopes this time will be my last time.

I assume this implant will be helpful, but I think tthe difficulties are how to adjust the medication as some need very little and some a lot. hopefully after working out all the quirks it will be available? If it's what I think it is?
Old 01-16-2016, 08:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey hopepray. I saw your other thread was closed down. Sorry for that, but don't take it personally. Everyone is just trying to figure out this whole addiction thing.

So my comments on Probuphine. A supposed NEW formulation of an old drug. It seems to be happening a lot lately. I am not saying Suboxone doesn't work just like methadone CAN work. It all depends on the person and implants seem to be the new wave. Not new drugs, but a different delivery method. This is NOT Vivitrol (naltrexone) implant which is a pure antagonist. Bupe can and will get you high if abused. It is sold on the street. That doesn't mean it can't work, but in the end it is up to the individual. Even on Probuphine the patient can just take more Bupe to get high. Time will tell, but in the end every addict needs to find their path. Drugs can help in the short run IMO, but in the long run we have to figure out HOW to live life sober which is hard. Very hard . Dam near impossible for many, but there is hope!