SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   TOD has One Year Clean! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/371126-tod-has-one-year-clean.html)

Tiredofdrugs 07-06-2015 10:15 PM

TOD has One Year Clean!

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...pshkyz2fnl.jpg

For those still struggling with their addiction? This is for you!

TOD

Dee74 07-06-2015 10:18 PM

Congratulations TOD :)

D

PiperPene 07-06-2015 10:20 PM

Congratulations! That is fantastic and inspiring!

cleaninLI 07-06-2015 10:24 PM

Yay! TOD! Woot woot! Congrats on your one year TOD! You are an inspiration to us all!

:tyou:c011::nyy:You_Rock_:grouphug:

Lenina 07-07-2015 01:36 AM

Congratulations, TOD! well done! A whole year! I hope you do something extra nice for yourself.

Love from Lenina

four812 07-07-2015 09:52 AM

Way to go TOD.
I hope this day is filled with joy and love

I'm very happy for you :-)

PurpleKnight 07-07-2015 10:59 AM

Fantastic TOD!! :You_Rock_

Coldfusion 07-07-2015 11:11 AM

:nycOne year is AWESOME Tiredofdrugs!:nyc

Tiredofdrugs 07-07-2015 03:03 PM

Thanks to everyone! I really do appreciate it! My cheering team here at home aka my husband only said: "Oh" in a quick manner and went back to watching TV when I mentioned it last night. I don't know why I expected anything else since he's popping pain meds every day and says he doesn't have a problem with them. I beg to defer! Anyhow!

Yes I've managed to get a year under my feet even with pain meds being around me every day! It's a testament to the fact: "No matter what's around us? If the desire to get clean is there? Then we'll make it happen!" I can only control what I'm doing to myself! I can't control anyone else! Once that is realized? Life gets a lot easier! The more days I've had clean also helped me to get better control of things around myself! The truth was always there! I just had to get my head clear in order to wakeup! :) I'm awake now! My life is better w/o the pain meds. Dealing with negative and positive things today is so much easier! I popped so many pain meds to avoid dealing with day to day life. So many days wasted! So many days missed! :wah: :groan

TOD

brandie27 07-07-2015 04:01 PM

That is such an inspiration! Im at 19 days, while I feel better, I spend quite a bit of time wondering just when I will feel good again.

Tiredofdrugs 07-07-2015 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by brandie27 (Post 5456235)
That is such an inspiration! Im at 19 days, while I feel better, I spend quite a bit of time wondering just when I will feel good again.

Since I can't speak for anyone else? I've been RIGHT where you are many times. I give you a :)!

I started several Threads here on my countdown to one year! It helped keep me on track and honest with myself! I didn't want to have to come here and announce I screwed up! I'd had a couple of dreams about using too! They were SOOOO real! I posted the stories on the other Thread(s)!

Everybody is different in how long it takes them to feel better! My mind always woke up before my energy came back! I'd find all sorts of things to occupy my mind. Watching TV, listening to music/videos, reading a series of books, going thru stacks of paperwork piled up, cleaning out boxes and drawers I could sit down to do! I actually got a lot accomplished by doing these things. It also gave my body time to heal and regenerate! Don't over do it! You don't want to put yourself into a mind frame the DOC would help you to do more!

Going thru withdrawals/detoxes just isn't something I want to do again. As long as I don't use the pain meds? I don't have to worry about that happening ever again!

Best wishes to you brandie! I wish you lots of hope to get past the need/want for your DOC! They steal our money, home, relationships, possessions and life! It just isn't worth it!

TOD

Hevyn 07-07-2015 06:15 PM

Fabulous news TOD. Knew you could. (Thanks for the lovely Sarah/Josh song.)

least 07-07-2015 07:01 PM

Congrats on the first of many clean and sober years. :scoregood

Impurrfect 07-07-2015 07:20 PM

Congratulations TOD!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Justincredible 07-07-2015 07:54 PM

Big congrats!!! 1 year is amazing and inspiring, thanks for sharing your milestone with us! :)

Mags1 07-07-2015 08:04 PM

Congratulations Tod, one year is brilliant.

Tiredofdrugs 07-07-2015 09:27 PM

Thank you everyone! I've had a rough day at home today! It just rubs me raw to deal with a husband on pain meds and beer! Everything I say or suggest? I'm wrong or a liar! It's his addiction problem. Not mine!

Stay true to yourselves and your clean time!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 07-08-2015 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by four812 (Post 5455717)
Way to go TOD.
I hope this day is filled with joy and love

I'm very happy for you :-)

Yes Four! I finally made it! :) I'm hoping I make many more clean years!

Now let's get you started on a countdown? Make the thread! I'll follow you!

TOD

chicory 07-08-2015 03:10 AM

Congratulations TOD! I am happy for you :)
hugs,
chic

brandie27 07-08-2015 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs (Post 5456412)

Since I can't speak for anyone else? I've been RIGHT where you are many times. I give you a :)!

I started several Threads here on my countdown to one year! It helped keep me on track and honest with myself! I didn't want to have to come here and announce I screwed up! I'd had a couple of dreams about using too! They were SOOOO real! I posted the stories on the other Thread(s)!

Everybody is different in how long it takes them to feel better! My mind always woke up before my energy came back! I'd find all sorts of things to occupy my mind. Watching TV, listening to music/videos, reading a series of books, going thru stacks of paperwork piled up, cleaning out boxes and drawers I could sit down to do! I actually got a lot accomplished by doing these things. It also gave my body time to heal and regenerate! Don't over do it! You don't want to put yourself into a mind frame the DOC would help you to do more!

Going thru withdrawals/detoxes just isn't something I want to do again. As long as I don't use the pain meds? I don't have to worry about that happening ever again!

Best wishes to you brandie! I wish you lots of hope to get past the need/want for your DOC! They steal our money, home, relationships, possessions and life! It just isn't worth it!

TOD

Its funny you mention going through the stacks of paperwork that piled up, for three years I've swore to myself the opiates definitely helped me feel like I had everything together....what a joke I've been telling myself. I'm finally able to see things clear headed and man oh man has my life become a huge mess! The drug dreams, its comforting to know I'm not the only one who has those! For the first ten or so days I swear thats all I dreamed about, and your right, they feel so intensely real. Thank God those are finally going away.