Notices

TOD has One Year Clean!

Old 11-07-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry ((( TOD))) She had the best life with you.

Rest sweetly Marilyn.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
(((TOD))) Sorry for your loss. Marilyn is at the rainbow bridge now with many friends there, and she surely feels your love for her. Even though she's no longer with you, she was lucky to have such a good life with a caring owner to love her.

Rest in peace Marilyn

Hugs and prayers
TB
Yes TB! Marilyn knew what love was being under our care! She knew what being spoiled meant too! Her and Marvin became quite the pair around the yard! They both spent a lot of time hanging out with Jethro while he worked on his 4wheeler or something else! Now it's just Marvin hanging out around Jethro! Marvin's crowed and crowed looking for her. All he gets is the rooster across the street crowing back.

I had put my hand on her back to pet her soft feathers while I told her: "Momma loves you - pretty girl!" I told her goodnight and went to bed at 7:30 AM! Jethro woke me up at 11:40 AM to tell me she was dying. I told him to hold her to help ease her pain and so she wouldn't feel alone.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
I'm so sorry ((( TOD))) She had the best life with you.

Rest sweetly Marilyn.
Thank you Chicory!

TOD
Old 11-08-2015, 03:07 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

It seems cshit just keeps piling up when the times are tough! Ugh!

I heard water running behind the dryer tonight! I woke Jethro up to tell him. And low and behold? There was a pipe with a break in it underneath the house.

After he crawled underneath the house and found the source? He said he didn't have any spair parts to fix it! So the water is now turned off until he can get the parts later today to fix it. I had wondered why our water bill was $75.00 instead of the usual $25.00! Can't wait to see the next bill! NOT! Thanks to the heavy rain we've been having I didn't hear it until tonight!

I brought Molly in here to roam around the floor to give Marvin some company for a little while! They were having quite the conversation with Molly purring until she all of a sudden sounded the alarm sound. There was the tiger picture on the TV screen with a movie starting! She didn't like it! LOL

Jethro's going to be beside himself since the coffee pot wasn't filled with water and fixed before he shut the water off!

Thanks again everyone for y'all's condolences on Marilyn!

TOD
Old 11-08-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Sending more condolences to you TOD. Glad you found the problem with the pipe and hope it will be an easy fix once Jethro can get to it.

(((TOD)))
Old 11-08-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Night owl

I add my condolences, too, I'm so sorry for the less of your precious feathered family member. Like everyone said, she had a wonderful life with you and she got to pass over being held in the arms of love, what a blessing. I hope Marvin will find comfort, too, I imagine it's strange for them when they lose a companion.

I also hope you get your plumbing issue solved quickly and inexpensively.

(((TOD )))
Old 11-09-2015, 12:41 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

This past Saturday I had One Year and four months off the opiates! Woot Woot! Still haven't drank any cokes/sodas either since I stopped drinking those! I hate the danged commercials with all the cokes in them! Ugh! I miss those way more than I do the opiates! Hopefully they'll be just another thing of the past once I get more time under my feet?

Thanks Cleanin and Lyoness!

Jethro was under the house at 2:00 AM looking for the source of the leak last night! I was on the other side of the house turning the water switch on and off each time he hollered to do so! Poor Molly was in the chicken bedroom right above where Jethro was yelling! She probably thought something was after her. LOL I went in to check on her after we closed everything back up. She was standing right beside the gate with all her feathers standing straight up! I picked her up for some loving and to reassure her everything was okay! She went back to eating once I set her back down.

Jethro's day started off with a trip to get the pipe fittings for the repairs. Then to McDonald's for a cup of coffee. Then to the cricket store to get Maria's crickets! He got home right before my older sister's BF got here. They worked on his car yesterday and he came back today to get it finished. He brought a brand new welding machine with him. Jethro told him he didn't need it. He had his own. Well be damned if Jethro's wouldn't start! So it's a good thing S'BF bought a new one before showing up. LOL The two of them got the pipes fixed and the water turned back on. Then they finished the repairs on S'BF's car. S'BF left and Jethro dug a hole to bury Marilyn. Right after finishing her burial? I woke up and was sitting here in front of my computer! (Jethro had washed my coffee pot and got it ready for me to push the button to brew my coffee when I got up! He also had the few dishes in the sink washed too.) He walked in and said: "Don't ask me to do nothing else! And what's for supper?" ARGH! I told him I had just gotten up! He walked inside and then came right back out here with keys in hand. He said: "I'm going to go get me a sub sandwich and left!"

Later in the evening after he'd taken a shower? He started acting like an azz. His eyes weren't looking straight ahead either. They even looked glazed over. So I'm figuring he took a pain pill. After everything he'd done before I got up? I can't blame him. I just don't like him acting like an azz though! And at one point in the evening I told him he was acting like a smartazz! From that point on I avoided him. He knew he'd screwed up and treated me decently later on.

So! As far as myself? I'm doing good! Ready for this sharp pain in my left ear to stop occurring! My Advil gel caps keep it at bay for as long as the Advil is kicking in. But boy when it wears off? I'm headed to the bottle of Advil again! My ear doesn't feel as swollen today as it has been for the last week. I'm hoping this will be over soon!

I haven't experienced the sharp pains in my right ankle for the past few days. I guess the copper/wear ankle support thing I bought helped a lot with that!

I've had a lot of medical problems, husband issues, significant calender dates and getting ready for this pole barn going in after the first of the year and of course Marilyn's passing to deal with! Paying the monthly bills, keeping up with the dollars being spent on many other things too! I can't even imagine having all this going on and being able to keep it all under wraps if I was still popping pain pills! And let's not forget trying to lose weight and giving up snacks and cokes during all this too? I generally don't have too much to snack on in the house for long. Jethro polishes off a bag of chips in two days. Mom was with him the other day when he went grocery shopping. She fussed at him for the bags of chips. He said: "I get that home! YOU don't need to dish it out too!" LOL When mom told me this I just laughed and said: "Oh yeah! He catches hell from me over the snacking!"

Okay y'all! I have lot's to do! I better get started!

Wishing everyone a clean day!

TOD
Old 11-09-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Lyoness View Post
I add my condolences, too, I'm so sorry for the less of your precious feathered family member. Like everyone said, she had a wonderful life with you and she got to pass over being held in the arms of love, what a blessing. I hope Marvin will find comfort, too, I imagine it's strange for them when they lose a companion.

I also hope you get your plumbing issue solved quickly and inexpensively.

(((TOD )))
I always try to be with our feathered babies when one passes or at least Jethro be with them. I just feel it's a comfort to pass being held while they pass on! I can imagine the fear they feel when this happens. Hmmmmm Now I'm crying again! Dang it! But I wanted you to know why we hold them!

Life is precious! No matter what source of life it belongs to!

I've had a couple of roosters grieve themselves to death when their hen passed before them. It was so hard to watch!

Okay! Enough about death and the tears falling! I have the three living that still need our love and attention! Hopefully I'll be able to get Marvin another buddy hen in the near future?

TOD
Old 11-09-2015, 01:34 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Keep up the great work TOD!

Where do you live I wonder TOD? It sounds very rustic where you are TOD? Maybe we can stay at yours when Armageddon occurs.

I'm a proper townie me, Jethro sound like he knows how to do practical stuff, me and my pals - useless.

Was thinking what a shame it is that most of us Townies are useless at practical stuff. The work I do - recruiting really niche skills for clients - would be amount as much use as glasses on a man with no ears if we all had to fend for ourselves.

My grandad is Irish (3 paddy grandparents 1 Dutch grandmother, -both parents born n bred English but think themselves Irish - I'm more confused than Scooby doo) he loved all that living off the land (Growing veggies, hunting/trapping animals) and showed me how do it but I couldn't be bothered back then.

Terrible how in 2 generations we gone from being pretty much self sufficient to all being useless.

Well me and my Mates have. Anyone here ok in a end of world scenario?
Old 11-09-2015, 01:43 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

clean???

First of all good job all of us have today doesn't matter 32 years 42 years 6 months it's the quality of our recovery not the quantity of days and just for those who our new it's not about being clean it's about being in recovery clean means free of dirt sober means not drunk so congratulations on your one year of recovery knowing what words mean makes a big difference if we know what a word means we know what we're talking about and we can make a point and maybe save someone's life the fellowship is the group the program is the 12 steps
Old 11-09-2015, 02:00 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh RedMan!

I really needed that hearty post to make me laugh out loud!
I call Jethro: "A walking talking Mr. Google!" As well as: "A Master at all and has the certificates to prove it!" You should see how I act when he doesn't have the answer to something! I'm swinging from the rafters in glee! LOL

Jethro is Italian/Spainard! His Italian family taught him how to do everything and then some! When he was a young boy his family made wine from the grapes on the hilltop they lived on! He'd climb into the smashing concrete spinning tub and stomp the grapes with his barefeet! I can just see him doing it too! LOL

I watched him back in 2006 take a rainbow vacuum cleaner apart into a thousand pieces. I figured it would never work again. Well be danged if I'm not using the damned thing today! He replaced my car engine the next summer as well as the clutch and brake pads! I've realized: "If he can't fix it? Then it's never going to be fixed!" He's also a great carpenter too! And does his own electrical work as well as his own plumbing! All I gotta say is? Get out of his way when he's on a mission. I've learned too if he's working on something? And I need to ask him a question? He'll usually say: "Not NOW!" When he takes a breather? He'll say: "Okay! What do you need to know?" Well hell! By then I've forgotten what I was going to ask him! ROFL

We are only on two acres here! Town is very close to us! Any place we need to go to get anything done? It's within a few miles of us. But our area is still a country setting! Coyotes running thru the field beside our fence. Deer in the backyard! Owls and Hawks around us! Possums and Raccoons in the yard. The other night I had an Armadillo hanging out by the backporch! I took my rifle and shot behind it's butt three times to scare it off! It froze while walking with one leg in the air! It was so funny to see! Then it took off like a rocket straight under my barn! ARGH! So much for running it off!

It's good to see you!

TOD
Old 11-09-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by jcangi View Post
First of all good job all of us have today doesn't matter 32 years 42 years 6 months it's the quality of our recovery not the quantity of days and just for those who our new it's not about being clean it's about being in recovery clean means free of dirt sober means not drunk so congratulations on your one year of recovery knowing what words mean makes a big difference if we know what a word means we know what we're talking about and we can make a point and maybe save someone's life the fellowship is the group the program is the 12 steps
Hi jcangi!

I used to post every day for each new higher number I added to my clean time. When I reached One year I started this thread.

No the number of days clean isn't what keeps me from using. However? There are those here that have followed my progress daily and love seeing the days I have clean! That's why I continue posting the clean days! It helps others to know they too can reach these dates by not using their DOC! I'm sharing my strength with others on here to help them survive!

I'm also not a 12 step person! I don't go to meetings either. I'm not disputing it either! I believe whatever a person uses to stay clean is their option! I was introduced to the 12 step program way back in 1985. It wasn't for me! I did see others using it and surviving though!

I end each post with: Wishing everyone a clean day! And I really am hoping others make it one day to the next - clean!

TOD
Old 11-09-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Do your best

Jcangi have you woke up on the wrong side of bed or something ?

You have been posting since before 5am ?
Old 11-09-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Do your best

Tod
Old 11-09-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Night owl

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
I always try to be with our feathered babies when one passes or at least Jethro be with them. I just feel it's a comfort to pass being held while they pass on! I can imagine the fear they feel when this happens. Hmmmmm Now I'm crying again! Dang it! But I wanted you to know why we hold them!

Life is precious! No matter what source of life it belongs to!

I've had a couple of roosters grieve themselves to death when their hen passed before them. It was so hard to watch!

Okay! Enough about death and the tears falling! I have the three living that still need our love and attention! Hopefully I'll be able to get Marvin another buddy hen in the near future?

TOD
(((TOD )))

I got to hold my two "old lady" kitties as each of them passed and it meant the world to me. Don't know if I could have survived losing them without that.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:20 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Tod
Old 11-10-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Ahh Lyoness! I'm sure it brought comfort to you and your kitties! I'm not able to see them be put in the ground, but I do send them off with love and care!

I just finished watching the strangest movie! "Lost River!" It turned into one of those finish or die movies! Gladly deleted that one from my recordings! LOL

I'm doing the pickup one thing on my way to another room tonight! It slowly diminishes things in one room, only to grow in another! ARGH! LOL But it does help! I tackled Jethro and Maria's couch area last night! Ugh! Those two are so messy! But they woke up to clean quilts and towels on the couch and the floor defeathered also! I wasn't about to tackle Jethro's catch all containers! That's a man's mess and a man's job to figure out what's what!

I really haven't felt much like doing anything since Marilyn went down. I stayed close by her while I was awake and tended to anything she needed. I'm feeling a little more alive tonight! I thought I was going to get another hen for Marvin, but that seems like a bust right now. So the search is on again! Sigh!

I'm not really in the mood for getting a young hen and raising her up! Neither is Jethro! I need a tame hen and those aren't always easy to find. Unless of course I raise them myself! The weather is also getting cold and this isn't the time of year to be introducing chickens to each other! So I'm playing it by ear now!

My neighbor across the street with chickens is talking about getting more hens! I suggested to Jethro: "What if we help them build another pen and coup? We can give them Marvin and she can put more hens with him? That way she can have more eggs?" Jethro's answer? "Hell NO!" So back to finding a tame hen. My neighbor already has a large rooster and I wouldn't be able to put Marvin in the same pen!

Okay! Back to picking up and placing things in another room!

Wishing everyone a clean day!

TOD
Old 11-10-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Morning Tod
Good Morning to you too soberwolf!

TOD
Old 11-10-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
My neighbor across the street with chickens is talking about getting more hens! I suggested to Jethro: "What if we help them build another pen and coup? We can give them Marvin and she can put more hens with him? That way she can have more eggs?" Jethro's answer? "Hell NO!" So back to finding a tame hen. My neighbor already has a large rooster and I wouldn't be able to put Marvin in the same pen!
I agree with Jethro, let them find their own rooster. Clearly I have no idea what a tame hen is. Can you please enlighten me

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-10-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear about Marilyn, Tod. I hope Marvin will be okay.

Rob & I had the exact same plumbing problems that you guys had, ugh! Thing is, we didn't hear a thing. It was only when we got our $130 water bill that we knew something was amiss lol.

No Coke or snacks...good for you! Have a great day!