Notices

TOD has One Year Clean!

Old 10-30-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Thanks TOD, I'm old and beat up. And thanks to you, SW!

This liver thing is annoying.

I'm sure you know some pain meds cause anxiety. Maybe he's feeling more anxiety than asthma. I hope he is open to trying other remedies. I am allergic to opiates. I don't do well on many meds. I've found the topicals work best on me. I use voltaren cream for my neck and back pain. I change it up with the ibuprofen gel. Both are prescription here. You might ask your doctors about it. It doesn't make fuzzy or sick to my stomach. It doesn't have much odor. It lasts a. Long time on me.

Love from Lenina
I just hope Lenina the liver problem isn't serious and it'll be back up to working in good standing in no time? One of my Herbalife products has Milk Thistle in it. It reads on the bottle it helps to support the liver! So I'm ahead of the game taking it! But that's not the reason I'm taking it though! And no I'm not giving doctor's advice by sharing this info!

The pain meds Jethro is taking has a warning at the top of the prescription page! "Will cause patients to have problems breathing!" It's the same thing I was taking and they really screwed my breathing up! Now that I'm off them I don't have the problems anymore! (I was just in the kitchen getting the coffee pot ready for when he gets up and I started hearing this clicking noise? I raised up from leaning on the counter/sink to see him in the living room using one of his inhalers! It's 48 degrees outside and cold in the house too with no heat on.) He won't listen to anything I have to say, so I don't offer advice to him anymore!

He's in that frame of mind of: "I don't give a damn" right now! He trimmed his beard the other day and missed a lot of spots! Talk about looking stupid! I've tried and tried to get him to straighten it out or let me do it! NOPE! Forget it! Oh well! I tried!

He's back to sitting with bags of chips and his bag of M&M's! I'm back to fighting the urge to nibble on a handful of chips here and there again. I refuse to buy chips or candy! And I'm still not drinking cokes either! He needs a babysitter to keep him under control! I'M NO babysitter! I got up early one day and he was constantly fussing about me being in the way or talking when he was watching something on the TV. I told him he wanted me up during the day with him and he said: "I've gotten used to you NOT being up now!" ARGH!

We did go buy a pellet stove yesterday afternoon together from an individual that listed it for sale. It will go in the shop/barn once it's built!

And here's something to go with your Avatar!

TOD
Old 10-30-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Most of us know how I'm feeling right now? For those of us that have pets and it's having problems that is!

Our large white hen "Marilyn" stopped standing up or trying to walk yesterday. I've checked her over from top to bottom and can't figure out what her problem is. Can't find any place that's injured, broken or swollen either! She's also stopped eating!

So with a sick hen, bills to pay, house to care for, etc. etc. etc.? Life marches on! I'm truly glad I'm not strung out on the pain meds anymore. I'm much more capable of handling daily issues now with a clear head. Years ago I couldn't seem to do anything without taking pain pills first! LORDY I'm glad those days are way in the past!

We had some issues with our cable yesterday. Jethro took our cable box to the office and came right back with a man in tow! He was here for almost an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with it! So after getting us up and running again he left. Well later in the evening we started having problems again. Jethro WENT OFF! He told me to call them and get somebody back out here! I got up to check his TV to see what the problem was. He was treating me like a child doing something wrong. I kept my cool and told him: "I need to know what the problem is so I can report it!" DUH! He calmed down a little and headed off to bed! He's been a grouch all day and his temper has been up there too. So I gave him lots of room to explode on himself, not me!

Wishing everyone a clean day!

TOD
Old 10-30-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 11-03-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Still no cokes being drank! Still no snacks! And especially still no pain meds being taken! One year and almost four months off the pain meds!

I woke up with a severe sore throat and my right ear hurting badly yesterday! I have ear drops for my left ear. So I've been using that in my right ear. It has a numbing solution in it which I'm truly grateful for! Our ears have thousands of nerves in them. They can become very painful! I ate my vapor rub last night to get rid of the sore throat! Done this for years! My ear isn't nowhere near as bad as it was yesterday and my sore throat is gone too!

Did the pain meds come to mind yesterday? You betcha! But I knew I had other stuff to get rid of the pain w/o using the pain meds. And it's worked! The pain meds wouldn't have gotten rid of my pain anyway. It would only have tricked my mind into believing I was feeling better! NOT!

Poor Ms Marilyn is no better! I've sprung a leak in my eyes as I heard on TV one day. I'm so heart broken over losing my feathered kids. Marvin is missing his little feathered friend too!

TOD
Old 11-03-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hey lady!
Glad to still see you here & straight!
I'm very sorry to hear bout your chic.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Hey lady!
Glad to still see you here & straight!
I'm very sorry to hear bout your chic.
Hey there KZ! How the heck are you and hubby doing?
Glad to see you popping in!

TOD
Old 11-03-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

We're both on the straight and narrow! I've got 14mos under my belt now & he's got 6mos. We had an incredibly busy & fun filled summer!
So how are & your hubs doing?
Old 11-03-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
We're both on the straight and narrow! I've got 14mos under my belt now & he's got 6mos. We had an incredibly busy & fun filled summer!
So how are & your hubs doing?
Sent you an email!
Old 11-03-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Email sent back chicadee!
Old 11-04-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great day Tod
Old 11-05-2015, 01:55 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Still opiate free here! And coke a cola free too! What a combination! HUH?

Today is the 2nd year anniversary of my dad's passing!

Marilyn is going down hill fast too! Sadness all around me! But I strive to keep my spirits up! I can't control the life cycle! My day will come too! Just don't know the date or time!

TOD
Old 11-05-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm really sorry Tod I wish you peace today here if you want to talk or anything XO
Old 11-05-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((TOD))) My thoughts and prayers going out your way dear one.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-05-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 11-06-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thank you Soberwolf and TB!

Poor Marilyn is not wanting to go! She's been laying on her fluffy towel all day moving all over it! I've been telling her Momma loves her and it's okay to go when she's ready!

I called my mom this afternoon to check on how she's doing! I let her bring up the date and what happened two years ago. She did and I told her I wasn't going to bring it up! She spent most of the day raking leaves and feeding them into the chipper! Then it started raining and she came inside! We talked for almost two hours about everything! LOL She now has all the time to talk and also got herself a cordless phone! She was fussing about needing three hands in order to put lids on containers in the kitchen and hold the phone at the same time. I suggested she put the phone on speaker. She said she's never tried it! I groaned and told her to give it a try! Oh Hell! She's in love with that speaker thing now! LOL

She told me she talked to my daughter earlier today! I asked her if she was planning on meeting them in Hawaii for Christmas? Thankfully she said NO! I would have been left with the chi to babysit while she was gone with them! Shew!

We'll be seeing a lot more of mom once Jethro's pole barn gets built. She's wanting to be a part of that! I told her I made Jethro buy her a pellet stove so she'd have a warm spot to back up to when it's cold out there! She loved hearing that news! LOL

Well everyone! I'm surviving the evening! Like I always do! Grieving is part of life! No matter how badly we want to avoid it!

I leave y'all with this picture of the fawn beside the huge horses head! May we all find peacefulness in our lives!

TOD
Old 11-06-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really sorry Tod
Old 11-06-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Me too soberwolf!

Marilyn passed at 11:40 AM!

TOD
Old 11-06-2015, 11:17 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
(((TOD))) My thoughts and prayers going out your way dear one.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Thank you TB! Glad to see you here!

TOD
Old 11-07-2015, 12:54 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Do your best

Marilyn had a awesome mum & is in peace you are a great mum Tod

I'm really sorry if you want to talk Im always around
Old 11-07-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((TOD))) Sorry for your loss. Marilyn is at the rainbow bridge now with many friends there, and she surely feels your love for her. Even though she's no longer with you, she was lucky to have such a good life with a caring owner to love her.

Rest in peace Marilyn

Hugs and prayers
TB