Do your best

Worried about Moi ? why thank you TOD
Old 11-17-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Worried about Moi ? why thank you TOD
Ack! I'm glad you posted this post! I was totally lost on the first one! ROFL

Yes soberwolf! I was worried! It's not good times in the world right now!

TOD
Old 11-17-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((TOD))) I love sausage with eggs. So what's the latest news with your weather? Is it that time to batten down the hatches and prepare for the worst?

Sorry to hear about your nephew. Whether it's recreational drugs or hard-core drugs there always seem to be some type of drama behind them. When will people learn.

One thing I'm sure of. When they finally legalize marijuana In my state I'm gonna make a boatload of money feeding the hungry potheads out of my Munchies truck

(((soberwolf))) How's things in your neck of the woods?

IF NO ONE TOLD YOU THEY LOVE YOU TODAY, I LOVE YOU

Hugs and prayers to all
TB
Old 11-17-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning TOD
Old 11-18-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning to you too soberwolf!
Hello TB to you out riding around in your Munchies truck while looking for those ppl moving slowly with that smoke cloud surrounding them! LOL

HOLY MOLY that storm that hit us yesterday was frightening! I decided to lay down on the couch and wait for the storm to pass before going to bed. If a tornado would have been in the area? I wanted to be dressed and ready to run. Luckily there weren't any tornados! But man! When that storm hit us? It came with 60 mph winds and a sheet of rain. I wanted to crawl underneath the couch! It was damned scary! Maria was sitting on Jethro's shoulder and ducked her head underneath his chin. She burrowed into his beard! That wall of nasty storms is still moving across the states! It's out of our state thankfully.

There were reports of trees down and one even fell on a house. For you car folks? A large tree fell on the street and landed on top of a Porsche! But nothing else bad came from it. Now we are having to beware of floods! Ugh! Jethro was tightening the straps down on his work tent getting ready for the storm. I made a comment saying: "I know you'll be glad when your pole barn gets built?" He said: "Oh hell yeah!" And I'll be happy to see the tent come down. I've looked at that thing for years! But it's served a good purpose in many ways so I can't be too upset about that. And it only cost us a hundred bucks!

My daughter loves weather! Especially when it's going to be dicey! She'll run from one window to another and outside to watch it coming in! So she's always watching our states weather on the radar whenever we have bad stuff coming. She'll send the family text group a picture of the radar with the news we are in for some fun! I sent her a message back saying: "I've never seen a radar page before! BTW? I only sat and watched a radar ALL night long!" ROFL I got a LOL in response!

TB? You got a recipe for cornbread stuffing yet? My momma makes the best! But I'm sure you've heard that before? And don't y'all use bread crumbs in your area anyway? Yuck! My 3rdXH made the Jiffy box cornbread stuffing while we were in WI years ago. We all played softball and were having playoff tournaments one day. He brought a grill to cook a turkey while the tournaments were happening. It was funny how everyone loved the cornbread stuffing! Mom makes scratch cornbread and then crumbles it up for her cornbread! And that turkey was so tender. Not dry at all! Okay! Anyhow! Enough on that! LOL

I finally made it to bed and didn't get up until 9:00 PM! I sat here on the porch all night with Molly on the floor and Marvin in his carrier playing catch up on shows. At one point I picked Molly up and snuggled her in a blanket and I nodded off sitting in my chair! She kept pocking her head in and out which woke me up but I'd fall right back asleep! So I'm wide awake now!

Gotta get ready now to go get my hair done!

I want to post this video for those in Paris and to all others struggling! Such sad times we are having around the world! The video is Jordan S. singing!

Watch The Voice Music Videos & Performances - NBC.com

Wishing everyone a clean day!

TOD
Old 11-19-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Do your best

Think I've got a bug I woke up coughing today & my eye hurts
Old 11-19-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) Thinking of you I hope everything is okay.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-20-2015, 12:13 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Think I've got a bug I woke up coughing today & my eye hurts
Ahhhhh soberwolf! Hope you're feeling better by the time you read this?

TOD
Old 11-20-2015, 01:26 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

My last two days have been all screwed up on my awake time and sleep time! Plus we've been on the go go go too! I stayed up Wednesday so I could go get my hair done. After I arrived at the salon Jethro text me to see if he could come in right then and get his hair/beard trimmed? I told him she could and to come on! As soon as he arrived he was put in the chair! Our salon gal keeps me and Jethro going at it while we are there. LOL After he was finished he headed to town to help his Uncle that had flown in to help his mom get ready to move to his home! The night before he arrived someone had broken the garage door. So he needed Jethro to help him fix it!

I finally get in the chair and she starts lathering on the solution. She had teased me about using coal black color and I told her I was going to watch her mix the solution. LOL And I did! After the solution was on my hair she had me move to another chair while she worked on another customer's hair. Me and this other woman were playing musical chairs the whole time we were there. She was getting her nails done then came over to my chair to get her hair dried. Then I was getting my hair rinsed by another salon gal while the other woman was getting something else done. Then I blow dried my own hair while my hair gal was working on another woman's hair. Then I was put back in the chair to get my hi-lights put on. Then I was back up while she cut a man's hair. The other salon gal rinsed my hi-lights out and I was back to blow drying my own hair. Y'all keeping up with this? LOL Then I was back in the chair to get a small trim and she curled my hair in the back.

While all that was going on? The other salon woman's 11 wk old French bulldog puppy was playing on the floor. He untied my shoes 3 times! The little rascal! She named him Gibbs! He sure was a little Sweety!

I sent Jethro a text before leaving to let him know I was going to go eat! He called and said he was on his way home. Where was I going to eat? So we went to eat barbecue sandwiches. He asked me if I was going with him to get his carrying license renewed? I had been telling him NO and he had that voice that said he really wanted me to renew mine too! I said okay and he asked me to go by the bank to get some cash! So I got the money and met him for supper. After eating we headed home to drop off his truck. Then we headed to town.

We make it to the firing range, sign all the paperwork and pay the fee! Then we go into the firing range room to show we can hit the target! Jethro shot his pistol before I did. After I fired I turned around to look at Jethro and he had this big grin on his face. He was proud of his wife for her shooting skills! LOL I've only been using rifles my entire life!

We came home and after sitting here at my chair falling asleep several times? I went to bed. That was around 7:30 PM. I didn't wake up until 9:30 AM! I was bushed! Two hours after being awake? Mom calls and says she's on a road close to us. She was coming to get her refill on water! I showed her a picture of her Great Granddaughter playing the role of Oliver Twist! I said: "She sure makes a cute little boy doesn't she?" Mom agreed with a big grin on her face!

When we walked her out to her car we stood out there talking for a long time. I happened to look up and saw something flying real high up! It wasn't a plane though! I thought it was geese because it was in the shape of a V! I said something about it and Jethro started looking for it. When he finally spotted it he swore up and down it wasn't birds. OH GEEEEZZZZ Mom couldn't see that far off due to having cateracts! So Mom finally left and we came back inside!

Jethro left to take the paperwork to the State Police and on the way home he saw a lot of racks, railings, tables, etc out behind where the store had burned down a couple months ago. He asked if he could have it and was told yes! So he comes home to get me to go help him. I told him we couldn't be gone long. Maria and Molly were outside in the pens. So we leave and get over there to get the stuff. Well OMG! We loaded his truck to overflowing and helped another guy that showed up wanting some of it too. There were unopened boxes of stuff in the super duper large trash bin that Jethro pulled out to bring home also! Pretty round tables still in boxes too! This stuff will save us lots of money once his barn is built. He's going to use all the shelving we got for the barn! Just the time spent getting the stuff loaded and Jethro sweating is all it cost us! The guy we helped is a man that hires himself out to do all sorts of work. We got his business card! We helped him out so hopefully he'll remember that if we hire him to do stuff here!

We get home just in time to rescue cold little Maria and Molly from the pens outside as the sun was dropping! I got Marvin inside and the dog fed then I sat down with the sub sandwich we got on the way home. Well I remembered Jethro was supposed to get crickets for Maria when she appeared at my feet at the table. I checked and he hadn't gotten any. Oh hell! Maria is NOT going to be a happy girl! So I sent him to the nearest Pet Store that had them. Talk about expensive? Damn! He pays like $2.35 for 35 at the bait shop. At the pet store he paid .17 cents a piece! OUCH! It was over $5.00 for 30 of them! And do you think Maria cared? Of course not! She even let one get away from her. ARGH! Hopefully it shows up today so she can get it!

Okay! I've explained my absence. It's almost 3:30 AM! My eyes are hurting from being up this late!

Here's an oldie country song for those that like them!

TOD
Old 11-21-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Everyone!

Yes it's morning for me! I went to bed at 7:30 PM and woke up at 1:40 AM! So I'm awake for the day! Time to keep trying to stay awake during the day. Being a mushroom growing in the night has got to stop! Time to open up like a flower in the daylight!

Our gate opener hasn't been working right for several days now! Jethro has been on the phone with the manufacturing company and was told to send it back. They'd work on it and send it back. In a MONTH! Oh HELL NO! I told Jethro to call H/D and talk to them about returning it for a new one. We've only had it three months! He talked to some woman and she said it was past the 90 days for returning! Well Jethro then tells ME to call them and see what I can get done! ARGH! He calls this his: "Putting Sarge in charge action!" So I call and get connected I believe with the same woman he spoke with? I tell her why I'm calling and she says: "Since you are getting the run around? Bring it back and we'll exchange it for a new one!" Well alrighty then! LOL I call Jethro that's out and about and tell him to take it back! He's quite for a minute and then starts laughing! I told him again: "Patience my Dear!" So the new one is now on the gate and working fine! I was going to have him buy a new one if that's what it came down too. It's going to be down in the 20's later this afternoon. I asked him yesterday if he wanted to do the repairs today? While it was decent weather? Or in the extreme cold weather? He chose the warmer weather!

I also had him take the small cricket container with him yesterday to go by the bait shop. I said: "Better to be stocked up on them, than run out and have to make a special trip to get Maria more!"

I made the dreaded dentist call yesterday. I have an appointment Wednesday. It's weird how in the past when I was popping pills I had one toothache after another! I was constantly needing teeth pulled and got pain meds for it. And yes it was real pain. I didn't like losing my teeth! I paid thousands for those procedures too! And now that I get seen for nothing? I have to be dragged in there. I'll be seeing a totally new dentist this time. A female! I told Jethro Wednesday was my valium day! I hate those damn things, but it's the only way I can sit in the dentist chair and not have my BP go to the stroke level.

It's Saturday! The Razorbacks play this evening! YAY! They are on a winning streak! Two weeks ago during overtime there was a play made by them that's going to go down in the records! I could have cared less about the games when I was popping pills. Now? It's a chance to get excited and have a shouting match with Jethro! LOL

Okay y'all!

TOD
Old 11-21-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Do your best

have a lovely weekend TOD
Old 11-21-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

have a lovely weekend TOD
Thanks soberwolf!

You feeling better? Being sick is such a pain in the booty!

Ack! Weatherman just announced we have snow flurries in the upper North part of the state! I have one plant outside to get under the house before the first freeze of the year happens tonight too!
Gotta get the doghouse completely covered up too! It's actually insulation sheet walls put together. I've got carpet on the bottom of it which is the porch. I put a few blankets in there and he has the heat bulb heating it all up! He's a BIG BOY and needs room to stretch out! LOL His water bucket will be moved in it with him so the water doesn't freeze.

TOD
Old 11-21-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) (((soberwolf))) Have a great weekend.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-22-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Everyone!

Yesterday's Razorback football game was a yelling, hollering event! LOL Only for them to lose by one friggin point! ARGH! Our kicker kicked the ball for three points and the other team managed to block it. Damn it!

Jethro has been on the computer looking for a Hen for Marvin! He found a place that sold them for $40.00 a piece! I asked Jethro if she laid golden eggs like the goose did? Geeezzz I told him we'd keep looking! Then I decided to wait on getting Marvin a Hen! He's spending more and more time inside now due to it getting cold! He'll go out for a little while and then be back at the door with his poor feet very red from the cold. I let him in and he'll go straight to his carrier and jump in it. He'll eat a little bit and then lay down. So this really isn't a good time to get him a new buddy!

Here's a picture of our dog babysitting Maria for me!

TOD
Old 11-22-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) healthy looking dog. Does it have a name? Sorry to hear your team lost yesterday. If it's any consolation, my New York Jets lost today to.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-22-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
(((TOD))) healthy looking dog. Does it have a name? Sorry to hear your team lost yesterday. If it's any consolation, my New York Jets lost today to.

Hugs and prayers
TB
"Magnum" wants to know what you mean by healthy?

Sorry about your team losing! Someone's going to always lose though! Just sucks when it's your team! My team! Whatever!

TOD
Old 11-23-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Everyone!

Don't grab your chest! Yes I woke up at 9:00 AM. So I'm up for the day. I'm a flower opening up in the sunshine! Not a mushroom growing in the dark! Jethro even had the surprised look on his face when he opened the door to say good morning! LOL He never knows if I'm up or asleep when he gets up. Or if I hadn't gone to bed yet! Gotta keep him guessing!

I put Marvin out for a little bit this morning. It was 40 degrees. Didn't take him long to let me know he wanted back inside! LOL He's back in his carrier sleeping. I'd let him roam loose here in the room with me, but he likes to fly up on the back of my high back chair! I can't deal with that big boy hovering over the top of me!

Jethro snuck his laundry container in the laundry room while I was sitting here a little while ago. I told him: "I didn't give you permission to bring your laundry in there!" He just laughed! I wish it would warm up enough today to hang some stuff out to dry! It's maybe going to reach 59 degrees!

My friend in MI gave me a tongue lashing for only having to bring large rolls to our Thanksgiving gathering this coming Thursday! I busted out laughing! Mom knows I don't cook! So I get the easy stuff to bring!

Okay everyone! I better get my shoes on and make use of the daylight!

TOD
Old 11-23-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Awesome for being free of dirt if you want to be in recovery work the steps
Old 11-23-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Friend Of Bill View Post
Awesome for being free of dirt if you want to be in recovery work the steps
I'm well over a year in Recovery! I don't need or want the steps to work to stay clean!

If the steps are working for you? That's wonderful! They aren't for everyone though!

Please stop bringing this to my Thread! I'm not interested!

TOD
Old 11-23-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Congratulations on being clean I haven't taken a shower yet today because obviously clean means free of dirt we miss use that word a lot now being in recovery is a little different that means taking the steps it's a program of recovery just like when people say sober that simply means not drunk although I'm happy for you