Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 24!

Old 07-24-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Good morning and happy Friday everyone! For a while after I quit drinking, the weekends's approach had an ominous feel to it because it was often a time of extra struggle. This site and particularly this thread was so helpful in making it through during my toughest cravings. I hope anyone struggling this weekend will stay close here and lean on this group. I read more than I post, but this bunch provides plenty of entertainment!

No big weekend plans here. Will mostly be inside unless swimming because of the heat. But for now it's gym time.....
Old 07-24-2015, 03:00 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a nice sober weekend
Old 07-24-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post
Going to bed so here is a bed time story.
I used to let my pig sleep on the bed before he was too heavy to pick up. One night I was awoken to the loudest scream I had ever heard. It was so loud it made my ear drums crackle. I was terrified and it was pitch black. Jump up and turn the light on to discover that my pig had rolled off the bed and gotten himself stuck between the bed and bedside table on his back. His legs were sticking staight up in the air and he was screaming bloody murder. It was halarious. He sure was lucky his dad was around.
Have a nice evening everyone.
Sweet dreams.
cant repeat this smiley enough times. Any story that starts with "I used to let my pig sleep on the bed..." just
Old 07-24-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Yeegads! A house full. 8 of us and 3 dogs last night. Seems like pandemonium, but I love it. 4 people leaving today. It'll seem eerily quiet.

Gotta drop my truck off for maintenance this morning. A coupla weeks ago I was chainsawing and I thought, I don't need to move my truck, this limb will fall behind it. So today I get the busted tail light replaced.

Then I have some more chainsawing to do. These trees are relentless.

Happy Friday all!
Old 07-24-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Stepping on the bus a day late... Between the demands of my job and Mr B peering over my shoulder, seems like I never get to post. Ok it's not like he's monitoring my behavior but he will ask what's I'm writing and who to and questions like that and I just don't like to get into it. Sorry for being more of a spectator than a participant.

It's storming right now and has been since about 5 a.m. Crazy dog is pacing. Hope it passes before I have to leave for work.

This week I realized I don't have even a thought of drinking when I get home from work, which used to be wine o'clock. New patterns, new behaviors.

Happy Friday!
Old 07-24-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Holy cannoli!!!! Did I read our Miss Riby is old fashioned?

Kerry James.... If dating women is really that complicated and mind games de jour I am certainly glad I don't have to deal with that. Good luck! You sound like you get it and will not put up with things.

Hey hoo to our newest sober riders. So glad to see you all. This thread moves quick. Just a reminder that if you hit a patch feel free to post here and also on the main board. We want you to be sober come Monday morning and getting the most help possible is important.

As for this guy.... Working from home today. Gonna rain most of the day. I have a planned cheat on my diet. I woke with visions of meatball parms floating in my head. Lunch is gonna be good!

Tomorrow at 4 I go get my new tattoo. Cannot wait!!!! On my right calf. I designed it and will show if off on next weekender when it heals and settles down.

I will be close by today. Have my SMART meeting tonight. We are going to be doing an ABC exercise. The meeting are gonna be 90 minutes now. They are fun. A check in then we do an exercise of the different tools. Then a wrap up. Feels productive and the time flies.

Ken
Old 07-24-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Getting smarter... I love the pig stories. Much more than Nons pig stories.

Mr. Behan... I agree. Why would she work if she doesn't need to.

Thanks for all the smiles in your posts. We have not had such a busy thread in a few weeks. Maybe tip 500 on Sunday at this pace.

And NEVER worry! This bus has room for all!!!!
Old 07-24-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning ! Rainy stormy morning here. Makes me crabby because I can't do my usual coffee on the deck. Oh well. I'll survive. Can't remember who said they went from being the world's oldest teenager to an early bird. Me too, and I like it. My house is full of a teenager and two early twenty something's, who sleep half the day away. Not from drinking, but from staying up until who knows when. I have peace and quiet until about 10 or later every day. And I get so much done before anyone else emerges. Since it's raining, I think it's bagel making day.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Good Morning Sober Enders!!
Happy Friday!
MLD I am a morning person as well! Love early morning.

Weatherman promises rain this weekend! So excited!

Only plans so far for the weekend are an oil change on the car and some new art I am going to start on. I think Monday is my random day off for next week. Bonus!!

Alright, lets get this Friday started!!!
Old 07-24-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Getting smarter... I love the pig stories. Much more than Nons pig stories.
I am a great fan of the noble, majestic, magical swine. It can transmogrify scraps into bacon.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Fee_nominal Friday, Folks!

Snoozed in a lil this morning, since I was wound up for reasons unknown last night until about 11 PM. Mebbe screwin' around with things like Trailer Jacks and Safety Chains got me amped up. Cool Schnoozin' Weather, though. Life be good. OK, except for the Allergies part. The Dog runs and hides when I let a sneeze rip, so I just tossed down an Allergy Pill.

Today is the exciting Early Retiree Regimen of more unpacking. Muck with the new RV Trailer. Before all that, it's head to 'Town' to Recycle all kinda Guano that's accumulated. Meanwhile, Da Wife does her Pilates thing.

I couldn't figger out last night who on Earth was shooting well after dark. Between Ranchers taking out 'Prairie Dogs' [like lil Gophers] whose Burrows snap Livestock Legs, to Gomers shooting up old Refrigerators >1 Mile across the Valley on Federal BLM Land, there's shots heard every day. Don't even give it a second thought. Life Out West. Last night, though, it turns out that someone was lighting off fairly Pro Fireworks across this one side Canyon of ours. A good Show, actually. Pretty dry Weather for such antics, but Common Sense is overrated, eh?

This Lil Dude was hangin' with us after Dinner. About 1 Foot long. They everywhere. Phase 1 of the Tinted/Stamped Concrete he's on was such a hit here, we're gonna have more of it done while we spend our recent City House Sale Profits like Liquor Store Lotto Winners.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

So much going on! I'm not a morning person. Everyone else is quiet now, for the time being.

Non, I need to borrow that chain saw. Dratted little trees. I'll have to settle for heavy duty clippers.

Behan, if your wife's doctor is giving her the okay to work, I'd say go for it. Waiting around for the baby to come is sometimes very boring. And when bored, it gets nerve wracking because you start to worry about stuff. I'm all for distraction.

Venecia, I hope you're less sore today. Ouch. Foot cramps are the worst.

Swimming for us later today. Nice day for it. Quiet weather and warm.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I also vote for working if she can. I got sprung from active duty to go to reserve status 2 months away from my daughter's due date. Ex-husband insisted I not get a job. Durn near went nuts in that 2 months. Going from getting up at o'dark thirty to do army stuff all day to nothing to do was no fun for me. Staying active can be good for both mom and baby is everything is going well.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Get on the bus

G'day maties!! In this cave here is the rare silverback Burmese black widow spider, she's sleeping. One bite of her venemous fangs would paralyse you for life....I'm just gonna go in and bash it with this tree branch!!!

Insanity pure cardio done.....such an endorphine ruuuuuuuuuush!!!!! I'm getting back to being addicted to natural drugs!!! I need my daily fix of endorphines and testosterone!!! how about that for motivation to exercise...free natural drugs.....and they're good for you!!!

Ken: looking forward to seeing the new tattoo man!! designed it yourself? that's amazing!! oh and the game is fun man!!

Ruby Tuesday: you may have slighly misunderstood me
1. I met her in a bar
2. I'm not doing OLD (online dating) I would need a PA for that
3. I don't have facebook....I can't stand it
4. My comment was really a social commentary about the mentality of some (80%) of the lovely ladies that I come in contact with in 2015. And I think social media has a lot to answer for.

Keep it real Get on the bus and cause no fuss, get a grip on yourself it don't cost much....Free to be whatever I... (oh dear I'm quoting Oasis....cold shower me thinks)
Old 07-24-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Meatball parm safely arrived and ready for devouring.

And I looked up to notice the sky looks painted today. Its good to look up huh?
Old 07-24-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!

Tattoos, lizards, transmogrifying pigs, babies, tree limb miscalculations....all while I'm still in bed! In my defense, I couldn't fall asleep until almost 4am. My brain wouldn't turn off. Good news is I've solved many of the worlds problems....now if I could just get someone to listen!

Cleaning lady comes today so I need to make myself scarce. I always feel guilty if I'm here while she's cleaning....like I should be helping her or something.
Guess I'll go get a facial.

Delia...did you ever do the threading? Still curious about it.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi all! No B I haven't yet. I am hoping next week I spent the money I had put aside for it on some new 3D lashes lol. I try to treat myself to something for every week sober. I may have to switch to every month now. I could open a Sephora in my living room ! I am a sucker for beauty supplies.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Della I put on my mom's mascara once as a kid and was surprised that it actually does add body and length
Old 07-24-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Lol I will let you know how I like this one
Old 07-24-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh Della, I'm the same way! It's expensive being a girl!
I've done eyelash extensions before and I loved them! Once you get them you won't wanna go back to mascara!

GS....i went through a goth phase and dated guys that wore heavy eye makeup. Kinda nice cause I didn't have to bring my remover when I stayed at their place! Ha!