Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 24!

Old 07-26-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Good morning! I'm headed to an 8 a.m. meeting and just noticed the time. Glad everyone is here and sober.

No rain, pleasantly cool at the moment but won't stay that way. Sao, I want some of your rain. Nice bus.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Stayed sober through a work party (actually had fun) and the rest of the weekend (9 weeks + now this stint) ...my housemate didn't stay sober. Arrived home after having a huge fight with his brother, who ended up sleeping on the street. He's passed out and going to feel awful for work tomorrow. Needless to say whatever I "missed out" on by chilling with movies and computer games was well worth missing out on.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

well done McFEARLESS!

Trachs, I am reminded of my old MGB. I had a 71 and a 69 parter 'B'. I wanted to keep it stock so I left the AM radio in the dash. I dug an old 8track player a buddy threw in the trash and hot wired it under the seat. I trash picked some 8 tracks and zoso was one of them. It got a lot of play time.

Last edited by LBrain; 07-26-2015 at 06:26 AM. Reason: zoso
Old 07-26-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi mcfearless, well done there

For me, as a single person I never liked the way I was or the way I had let others down, principally my ex wife so I drank and hey presto my feelings of self loathing went away for a while. Of course denying reality doesn't make it go away and not dealing with underlying issues makes them worse. I did the things I did in the past and I just have to accept that I can't change that. I can change the present and at least by staying sober I can be the best that I can be (if that makes sense)

It has actually stopped raining here right now but it's still only a miserable 16c (60F)

Below is a thing called a transaxle - it has been completely rebuilt using better quality components than the original. I do love shiny new bits of metal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150726_130141.jpg (39.3 KB, 40 views)
Old 07-26-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Reminds me of the time I was in charge of a mobile valve repair facility. We took hundreds of sea water valves and stripped em down to component parts, sandblasted everything and rebuilt them, then put a superwhammydyne protective coating on them - high tech for the 80's.
They were shinier than new.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Why, after 45 years of resting comfortably, did my eyebrows one day decide it was time to stand up all the time?
Old 07-26-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Waking up Sunday morning sober never gets old!

101 expected high today. Too hot even for the pool.

Your transaxle is very shiny, Sao. Not sure what it does but it looks nice.

Congrats mcfearless!

Just bit into a mushy strawberry. Should've put my contacts in before getting a bowlful. Ugh?
Old 07-26-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Nons....I don't want to frighten you, but it might be time to start shaping your brows. Nothing drastic, just a little pluck and trim.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hee hee, I'm lovin' the SNOG Bus... A Yogurt 'Quickie', so to speak...

- Meaning Of The Word 'Snog' -

High Clouds and lovely temps this morning. See below the Sunrise this mo_nin'... With these pleasant Temps, it could be a run to the Dog Park sooner rather than later. Yesterday was just too blazing hot to go in full Sun. No shade at the DP, unfortunately.

We'll figger out what to do today as it unfolds. Unpack a Box or two. Mebbe go for a Cruise. The local Mountain Hip_Eye Radio Station plays some great 'Zen' Music every Sunday Morning at 10. Good to chill by, and keep the ole Nervous System settled down. A key Component to Sobriety, according to me...

A 'Transaxle' is an essential Automotive Component to transmit power from the Engine to the Wheels. It does so while Cross-Dressing.

A lil Root_sy Music from the new JT Disc containing a good Sobriety Message for those who opt to interpret it that way.

'Today, today, today... I'm finally on my way'...
- 'Today Today Today' ~ James Taylor -

Old 07-26-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Nons....I don't want to frighten you, but it might be time to start shaping your brows. Nothing drastic, just a little pluck and trim.

I just did. I don't like it, but Mrs. Nons does, and she has something I want, so I do what she says sometimes.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Mesa,

Just a quick note to let you know how much I enjoy your photographs. For this Midwesterner, the American West is a bit of heaven.

Keep 'em coming!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone is having a nice sober sunday my brother said he was coming up with my neice today & then let us down at the last min i think the pouring rain had a lil to do with it

Annoying but hes rearranged for tuesday
Old 07-26-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Age warning---
If you're younger than 25 or maybe 35, look elsewhere.
If not, turn it up. LOUD.
Ahhh. The smell of red-hot 6L6GC's, EL34's, and 12AX7's.
Stacks of Marshalls. Pure energy. Electrons deluxe.
Have a great weekend!

Old 07-26-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Want to wish everyone a very happy Sunday!!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Good morning. Headed back to Texas.

Nons this doesn't help your eyebrows but I have 1 dark hair that started growing out the end of my nose. I cut it and have 1 whisker in the end of my freak'in nose. How lame. It tries to sneaks in growth when I'm least expect. Geeze!

Brain l was raised on Led Zeppelin. Love it.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I just did. I don't like it, but Mrs. Nons does, and she has something I want, so I do what she says sometimes.
Snort! Too funny, Nons!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Lunar ~

Lovin' that Vacuum Tube Talk! Grew up on them, due to having my first 'Ham' Radio Station at age 12. Morse Code Key only. A veritable Purist. Tube Guitar Amps soon thereafter...

In the Tokyo Electronics District of 'Akhibara', minute lil Booth-based Businesses sell Tubes, and only Tubes. Hand-picked matched pairs. I'll never forget this immaculate Westinghouse 300B Tube Picture where the Tube was 'laid out' on red Velvet. A Pic composition identical to the original 'Playboy' Pic of Marilyn Monroe in Hefner's first monthly Mag. I was crackin' up at the similarity.

Japan never hopped over to Power Transistors, etc.. They liked the 'warmth' of Tube Audio.

Here's a niche Link to Tube Amp Companies. They serious. Insane prices for some of this Hand-crafted stuff...

- List Of Small Tube Amplifier Companies -

Here's a Pic of a Shop in Akihibara. While not a Vacuum Tube Shop, it shows their tight quarters. Of note is the lil Swastika hanging from the Ceiling. That Symbol long predates Hitler's co-opting of it. It means 'Your Standing Place', or their equivalent of 'You Are Here'. The first time I saw this on a Train Platform Map, I was stunned! Then, I got the back story on that ancient Symbol; an innocuous one, as it turns out.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by mcfearless View Post
Stayed sober through a work party (actually had fun) and the rest of the weekend (9 weeks + now this stint) ...my housemate didn't stay sober. Arrived home after having a huge fight with his brother, who ended up sleeping on the street. He's passed out and going to feel awful for work tomorrow. Needless to say whatever I "missed out" on by chilling with movies and computer games was well worth missing out on.
Doesn't get better than this!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Back home snuggly on this very cool rainy dank day. Only 63F.

Getting ready to start my stew. $20 prime stew meat. This is going to be tasty!!!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Lovely JT song, Mesa. I had never heard that one. Does have a nice sobriety message - I think I'll see if iTunes has it. I want to come up with a happy positive sobriety song list, and this will fit right in.