Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 24!

Old 07-24-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

I'll be spending my weeking looking for the infamous Milwaukee mountain lion that's been on the loose.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Way late hopping on the bus. Wrapped up week 11 yesterday so this is sober weekend number twelve. In a row!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Thanks Ruby and MLD51. Although Mrs B does not actually need to work for now, she feels internal pressure to work. On the one hand, I can see it would be good for her self esteem to work, meet new people, and get to know the town because I am fairly antisocial these days and useless and will happily hang out at home. On the other hand, she is finding it difficult going for interviews as she feels she is coming across as desperate for work and is uncomfortable explaining that she is pregnant. So it's a mixed bag so far. She has gotten really good feedback so far in that places are interested in her. Maybe if she works for a few weeks even and does not over do it.

Right, nearly home time for this desk monkey office slave!! Weather has turned darkly overcast and heavy, feels like more rain is coming.

Laters weekender's!

B
Old 07-24-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hello... accountant? Yes... please buy 1000 shares of stock in Resolve Carpet spray. Yes... My elderly cats.... I know... but do it anyway. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Sleep, oh blessed sleep. Ten hours is good, right? Except I woke up with a headache. Coffee fixed that. I find when I over-sleep I wake up due to some bizarre dream. Today's was so bizarre I won't even try to analyze or describe it.

Potatoes are cooking, I'm having bacon, eggs with cheese, potatoes and toast. I don't know why I'm telling you about my normal breakfast. Oh, someone mentioned not cooking (brynn). I eat almost every meal at home - cooking for one. Or eating Pistachio ice cream, as it were.

Today is beach hike day. Maybe an Osprey siting, if I'm lucky..

Olive, I did not ask if the gorilla was pregnant. If Susan, the volunteer who is gorilla-knowledgeable hadn't told me, I would not have known. She knows all the drama in the gorilla enclosure. There's always something going on. I really love the volunteers at the zoo. They make it so much more interesting.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hey, Weasel. Petromalt. Just sayin.

I have two elderly cats, too. One with CKD, who I give subcutaneous fluids three times a week - for the last three years! I figure there will not be new carpet anytime soon. Have you tried the enzyme cleaners, from pet stores? That stuff is the bomb.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Hey, Weasel. Petromalt. Just sayin.

I have two elderly cats, too. One with CKD, who I give subcutaneous fluids three times a week - for the last three years! I figure there will not be new carpet anytime soon. Have you tried the enzyme cleaners, from pet stores? That stuff is the bomb.
Thank BiM... Yes Henry has had CKD since 2011 and he gets two shots a day. He is in a good cycle now but you know how it is.

I have not used anything but resolve. Works good for me. I have a light color carpet. Because of the CKD he has special orange food. Well... you can see where that leads. I also have a steam cleaner that I use every other week. I am due today to do it. Lets see how my energy level goes.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Thank BiM... Yes Henry has had CKD since 2011 and he gets two shots a day. He is in a good cycle now but you know how it is.

I have not used anything but resolve. Works good for me. I have a light color carpet. Because of the CKD he has special orange food. Well... you can see where that leads. I also have a steam cleaner that I use every other week. I am due today to do it. Lets see how my energy level goes.
Are you doing fluids twice a day? If so, you're my hero.

I've lost two cats to CKD. It's a long, slow illness but they do so well for such a long time. Expensive, but they're my bebbies.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Are you doing fluids twice a day? If so, you're my hero.

I've lost two cats to CKD. It's a long, slow illness but they do so well for such a long time. Expensive, but they're my bebbies.
Yup he gets a morning and an evening shot. When I was drinking he suffered cuz I would always be to drunk to give him the second shot of the day. I felt horrible. But now he is regulated well and doing quite good for 16 and having CKD for this long.

I also happen to be in the know of a new test that has been release in the last two months that can detect CKD in cats and dogs much much earlier. This allows for better long term treatments. It's a new frotocimine (spelling) test. Unfortunately it cannot help Henry but it will certainly help many out there.

K
Old 07-24-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Interesting about that test. Thanks!

It never ceases to amaze me that my kitty will let me pick her up every day even though she knows she's going to be poked and pills and potions are going to be forced on her. I never pick her up at other times and she's not a lap kitty, but she still likes to be close to me when I sit or sleep. That kind of trust and forgiveness really inspires me. It's like she knows that it is helping somehow, you know?
Old 07-24-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Ha ha... Henry is oblivious. I say in my sing songy voice.... Needle time! And he looks at me before I stick his side. As long as he is not stretching at that time he makes no motion like he even feels a thing.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone,

13 hours ago I posted that there was likely to be a lot of rain today, how right I was, it started about 7.00am and hasn't stopped since

I'm surprisingly busy at work for late July (this is a good thing) and finished late.

Have gone to eat at The Old Shoreditch Station, a former railway station converted into a cafe and run by a shoe collective (only in Shoreditch!)

Crazy golf awaits
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150724_191336.jpg (31.7 KB, 37 views)
Old 07-24-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Morning all

Sun is coming up in New Zealand on Saturday morning. If you are struggling with your Friday night, just want to let you know that Saturday is looking good so stay sober troops.

I have resurrected porridge this weekend.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Trees would that be porridge as in food? If so, what kind. We make rice porridge all the time at my house.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to the weekender thread ElleDee

Given up on Crazy golf this weekend, -it's too wet to go anywhere
Old 07-24-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

I love the rainy street scene, Saoutchik
Old 07-24-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

We've sold some of the old furniture this week via Craigslist. Happy to be rid of it. It's helping to make room for the new leather sofa and my reading chair. The dogs have some new furniture too It's in the "dog bathroom" and stores away their shampoo, towels, hair dryer, etc. Lol. I guess they are slightly spoiled. We might sell the new bike this weekend. It's new but he didn't like it. So I got him a nicer older one. Apparently it's the frame and the weight that matters.

My wrist is a little better. Not quite so stiff.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Is playing golf in the rain not crazy golf?
Old 07-24-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ha, Behan, the Crazy golf is indoors (an old covered market) it's just that I need a canoe to get there tonight

That's a shame about the bike Soberpotamus

Here's some Curtis Mayfield - it's Friday evening and I need to liven up

Old 07-24-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Love the photo Sao! Wish it was raining here....just blazing hot but I'd rather be hot than cold!

Hippo...glad your wrist is better. New furniture yay!

Trees...thanks for the Saturday report. I just realized that it's been a while since drinking has even crossed my mind. I'm so grateful to be sober this weekend. I love knowing I'll wake up hangover free and ready to face the day.