Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 24!

Old 07-24-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Hi All - I'm here, watching some tv with my friend and two cats. Went out for sushi tonight and good lord I ate a lot! And here's the odd thing - I actually calculated the caloric intake because I'm just weird like that - and it was STILL less than a standard Friday night of drinking for me. And this sushi contained actual protein and nutrients, not just pure crap which liquor is. So yeah... reason #4381 that drinking isn't a winning idea for me.
Old 07-25-2015, 01:18 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, I have been talking to a couple of my neighbours this morning. There is (another) proposal to put solar panels on the roof. I wish they would just get on and do it
Old 07-25-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Sat night.. Went to town met some friends for a couple of hours, there was an outside light show thing that we watched against the buildings.. Pretty cool.

They headed off for drinks, I shot off home. Feel really natural leaving them to it, one part of the night finishing another beginning.. For them.

Tomorrow, they will text asking .. ' Remember when such and such happened..?' And I'll I say, mate I wasn't even there.. Oh yeah, forgot, what time did u leave?

That always cures my 'fear of missing out' syndrome
Old 07-25-2015, 02:12 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning weekenders wishing everyone a nice sober saturday
Old 07-25-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thank you Soberwolf

I have just been speaking to a non alcoholic friend on the phone, he has a tremendous hangover this morning. It did me good to get a reminder to not take waking up hangover free for granted
Old 07-25-2015, 03:00 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Morning all,

I hope everyone got through Friday night ok. If not, today is a new day

Awoke at 6:30am, read for a bit, then fell back into a deep sleep. I dreamt I visited my brother in London to get a lend of a bike!

Have you finished Lost Mr Soberwolf?

On a go slow today so far.

This mornings earworm:

Old 07-25-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Great job of knowing when to say when Trees. Hearing all of the dumb stuff that went on that didn't include yourself is refreshing.

Good check in Dave from up north. I've been avoiding the brew'things' around these parts. There is a thing I'd like to go to but the name of it tells me to just stay away - the "Brewgrass Festival". I want to go for the music but I should probably stay away because ... well just because ...

Picked up ice cream on Thursday - neopolitan. It was gone by Friday afternoon. So the wife made a request for more ice cream. Strawberries and cream and rocky road - 2 for $5. I went wild and crazy last night and made french fries (thin chips) with steamed clams and some shrimp cocktail. Had ice cream for lunch - one of each .

Wife discovered Supernatural on netflix. Put in some good couch time the last couple days. I watched intermittently. Perhaps it gets better after season 1. ??? She needed a couple days to just relax and do nothing, except pull weeds for a few hours.
Must check weather, being brave leaving jeep open all night the past three nights. I miss the mercedes when it was just push a button and top up/top down. Manual labor to tops on jeep. Oh the humanity.

Happy Sober Saturday!

edit: weatherman says leave the tops off for another day!

Last edited by LBrain; 07-25-2015 at 03:07 AM. Reason: weather
Old 07-25-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

I'm in!! Day 20 for me and the 3rd sober weekend in a row. Been at least 5 years since I had a stretch this long.

Went to one of our local restaurants yesterday. Been many times over the last few years. Being sober for 3 weeks made things seem so different. Went plenty of times over the years at what I thought was sober. But being a binge drinker every 3-5 days, I know I was in a constant state of being hung over, in a fog or planning the next binge.

Had a great time, food seemed different, I could taste it and actually could feel the rooms energy and positive ambiance.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning Sober Peeps,

Got most of the tree work I needed done completed yesterday. My brother was here and he was a huge help. Goes more than twice as fast with 2 working it. Not sure why, but I don't care. It's done! (Well, except for this Crepe Myrtle touching the side of the house in one spot, but I'll get that today.)

The guests of last week left 11 empty wine bottles and a case of empty beer bottles in our recycling bin. That thing is clanking like it used to before I joined SR. I'm mostly amused, but I'm afraid the neighbor who knows I quit will hear them and think I started again. D'Oh!

Be well all you fine sober people!
Old 07-25-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Off for gormet donuts then the sail plane airport to fly on some rising heat. My brother is a glider pilot and also the guy who used to hold my legs behind my head till I'd cry.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

MORNING!!! Up LATE! yes... the Weasel is late... went to go get bacon. Grocery store closed... went to quickie mart... "slices in this package may be irregular."

Understatement.....
Old 07-25-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post
Off for gormet donuts then the sail plane airport to fly on some rising heat. My brother is a glider pilot and also the guy who used to hold my legs behind my head till I'd cry.
um.... have fun!!!! Bacon donuts? we have those here in Maine! yum...
Old 07-25-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

welcome to the weekender repairman! Stick around, another weekend sober is what it's all about.

Time for our 'classical' music fix...

Old 07-25-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 20 days Repairman

Ken im going out shopping now to get bacon amongst other things lol

Your welcome Saoutchik

Have fun gliding gettingsmarter

Good job Nons getting the trees done

Ice cream & good show is awesome L

Right im off out spk soon guys
Old 07-25-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I kinda miss bacon....no I really miss bacon. But now if I crave it I am going to think of pigs falling off the bed in the middle of the night!

Today going to check out the grand opening of the new super sized Mennonite store and lunch with a friend. I need to weed whack and pull some weeds at some point this weekend.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

here you go Della, and Weasel and ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
PushButtonReceiveBacon.jpg (9.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 07-25-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

When I was little I always wanted that machine the Jetsons had that made food appear....I still kinda do!
Old 07-25-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Mm mm bacon donuts would hit the spot this lovely morning. Kicking back this weekend, no company, gonna be hot, clear skies and a mist rising from the lake now. The weather has been perfect this week, rain at night and clear all day.

Della, I'm intrigued at the concept of a super sized Mennonite store. Please report back!
Have a great sober Saturday!
Old 07-25-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Good morning gang.

Weasel, I'm not a fan of irregular....just sayin'.

And I agree....knowing 'when to say when' and feeling good about it later is a good feeling. Speaking of good feelings and empties, I do NOT miss using my weekend mornings using my shaky hands to collect all my scattered empties!

Saturday mornings are now a joy, the new routine is a leisurely cup or two of coffe and reading through the shenanigans y'all generally have going on.. That being said, time for another cup of coffee.

Happy Saturday folks!

And Della, I want that thing from the Jetsons that gets you ready in the morning, brushes you hair and teeth etc... Having Rosie the maid wouldn't be bad either.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning Sober Enders!
I love reading about everyone's fun stuff they are doing. I'll be doing some fun stuff pretty soon - once there is a bit of money in my bank account. Stay tuned!

Yesterday I went to a financial adviser for the first time. My grandma had some money, and now for the first time ever, I have a stock portfolio. Fun! I'm going to be conservative, but it's very interesting to me. I'll be rearranging my "holdings" as her stocks were structured for income, and I'll want more growth. So I'll be doing some research. Mostly I'll take the advice of the adviser though, since I know next to nothing about investing. I have Verizon stock, which makes me happy. I feel like I deserve something back after years of "investing" with no return!