Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 3

Old 07-17-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Little past midnight here, and I just woke up a while ago, so day 1 is officially over. Finally back to feeling half normal, so I'm assuming major withdrawals are over now, which is good, because that was a rough one.

This detox is a little abnormal compared to previous though, and I hoping it's just because I haven't eaten in days (will try soon -- got a salmon defrosting). Thankfully I no longer feel like I'm going to have a seizure, so I think I'm in the clear for that. I don't believe my body is detoxing as quickly as usual though.

No booze in the house, and stores close at midnight, so I'm safe. Anyway, I'll try to get some more sleep. Take care everyone!
Old 07-17-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

TroyW I only did the 6 bottle kits and not that much stronger than store bought. Still kept it so it tasted nice.

JamesAdams question about physical withdrawal made me think. I have never considered I was physically addicted but looking back a lot of what I termed really long weird hangovers fits perhaps with mild physical withdrawal.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Good stuff here, folks, as always. I wish I could keep closer tabs on the threads. Maybe next week, when my work/home life returns a bit more to normal.

Keep the resolve high, friends!

KO
Old 07-17-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Well done TroyW. The first of many
Old 07-17-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I am working on getting my two weeks today! I can't wait to lay my head on my pillow tonight and go into my 3rd weekend sober. Last night was great! I found some awesome deals shopping and the movie that my friend and I went to see was hilarious! I had a smile on my face for hours after I left my friend. It is like I am finally realizing true happiness that can't be found in a bottle. I hope this is not just a pink cloud that will go away soon.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Evening of day 3 and my brain feels like it is in overdrive. So many trains of thought rushing about.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DitzyDandelion View Post
Evening of day 3 and my brain feels like it is in overdrive. So many trains of thought rushing about.
I don't know, and each person is different, but maybe try this:

Papa's Taco Mia! | Free Flash Game | Flipline Studios

Works for me at least to focus the mind, and calm any cravings that might be there. So does mahjong as well. Nonetheless, congrats on day 3!
Old 07-17-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Playing Caesar IV. Like my city builders. Completely understand your thinking here
Old 07-17-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Had a small disappointment but then also a wonderful chat. Again back to the situation I have not yet discussed. I may bore you all with a post on all that later. A combination of that situation and my previous relationship are very muddled with my relationship to drinking so may help untangle it in my head.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hi all,

It's almost 5pm on Friday here and, as expected, my AV has made an appearance, UGH!!! Fighting it. Not going back to Day 1. Hope everyone else is doing ok.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Mine visited a bit about 5pm. I found within an hour or so I just felt so grateful I did not act on it.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

I know I just need to get through it and I will be so glad I didn't listen to the little s***, especially when my daughter wakes up at 3am

Think I am going to eat something and see if it goes away.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Hang on!

I find Bob helps me relax.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

[Think I am going to eat something and see if it goes away.[/QUOTE]

AV talked to me in the grocery store, I thought of HALT and tip about not going to store hungry... and I was hungry. Left before getting close to wine section to eat. I don't feel like discussing anything with AV ! Jerk!

2 wheels.. awww I miss Bob

Last edited by PennyLane76; 07-17-2015 at 02:18 PM. Reason: missing Bob
Old 07-17-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

AV is really doing some work on me... It's 6:30pm, just got home from a long day of work. It's super hot outside, and I have the whole weekend ahead of me with no plans for once.

Sansa, I know how you feel. It's confusing...it seems like, what's wrong with just drinking occasionally? It's hard to not just give in to the AV and let loose tonight, then just moderate. But then endless streams of testimonies on here show that all of us have thought the same thing at some point, and then it just went back to the unhealthy drinking habits.

I really want to go get wine. This is the closest I have felt to really doing it, not wanting to fight the craving. Grrrrrrrrrr.

I think it was thomas11 who said he felt that drinking alcohol is a grey area, not black and white, but that the majority of people who have been on here feel otherwise. It's so easy to just wish it's a grey area. Maybe it is. I have no clue.

Posting here instead of getting wine for the moment. Not sure what my next move will be. Sigh.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Well done for posting whiteturtle. I am sure you would regret it tomorrow if you did after coming so far. Try and find anything you can to distract you for now. It will pass.

It is later here so I am safe as the shop closes very soon. What I am finding odd is I had forgotten how manic my brain can get without a drink. I mean giggling over things sober feels good and thinking clearly is great but it's a lot at once. I seem to be so up and down today between strong AV and feeling elated that I am starting to feel more me. Just wish my brain would slow up for five mins.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
I just want to take the whole alcohol thing off the table. Do you ever stop wanting 'just one glass' though? Of course I never want to have a hangover again, but what about wanting the one glass with dinner. Do you ever get to a point where that doesn't interest you anymore?
If it helps SansaS, I haven't thought about 'just one' in many years

The thing is - & I see this now - I was never a 'just one' drinker, ever.
It was all about getting smashed for me.

Congrats to everyone kicking goals today.
Have a great sober weekend gang

D
Old 07-17-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Finishing up day 14. I'm getting tested pretty well as I'm sitting here waiting on the air conditioner repairman. In in the mid-atlantic of the US and its pretty hot. It's stressful no knowing how much it will cost. But I have learned something. Some may recall my tree speared my neighbors carport and my office building burned down but none of these are pushing me towards drinking. I've figured out it really is a conscious choice. I hope I've taken away most of the AV reasoning that drinking will some how help as I know it will not help at all. So I just spent 2200 dollars to get the tree cut down and now this AC thing. That's stressful but I'm not thinking about drinking. In the past its hit me so seemingly randomly, sometimes when I"m happy, sometimes when I have stress. The only common denominator is....the choice to drink! Gotta go....hopefully I'll be on later with the final tally...I need for my house to cut this crap out!
Old 07-17-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

How are you going whiteturtle? Come in here and speak to us if you are struggling
Old 07-17-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I just went up to the shop for bread, coffee etc and considered getting a bottle of red wine. It's cold here, I've got the fire going. My husband is coming home today from working away. It would be lovely to share a bottle of red with him by the fire.