Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 3

Old 07-18-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Good morning all. This is the start of day 6 for me. I have plans to go shopping with my daughter this morning, go to an as meeting this afternoon (I'm nervous!), then for a hike with my whole family, and end my day by going to a play tonight. Tomorrow I'm driving two hours to see my sister and back that night. I hope the busyness I have planned will get me through the weekend and safely to day 8. Weekends are a very tough time for me. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-18-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

saande424, surrounding yourself with family and activities can only be a good thing for your journey...stay safe!
Old 07-18-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Day 9 and feeling more rested today. Have to make it through today and tomorrow. I am starting to dread the weekends and the temptation they bring. Towards the end I did all of my drinking at home, in hiding, so not having a lot of plans just feeds my AV. One minute at a time, I guess, and posting here is going to get me through it.

Lovehoops, wishing you the best with your daughter, I agree with what everyone else has said. All you can really do is let her know you love her and appreciate her concern, but that you are giving this all you have and it is not always easy. It is so hard when family members don't get it. I can't even count how many times my mom has asked me why I won't ever be able to enjoy 1 or 2 glass of wine or why I won't ever be able to keep a bottle of wine in the house. Ugh. My husband doesn't have a problem and can take or leave alcohol, but at least he gets that I can't ever, or shouldn't ever, touch the stuff again. Sorry I digress Let us know how it goes.

Have a happy and sober Saturday all!!
Old 07-18-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind and supportive words. I will certainly use your advice!

She is not here yet....not sure when she is coming home. I will keep in touch. I have to stop the self-hate!!!it is only more depressing!!!

Sober Saturday to all xo
Old 07-18-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Good morning day 14. Sorry it's hard to keep up with this thread it's so active. Went to the doctor and all my numbers are good. I was worried but it reinforces the fact I need to stay sober before that changes. Got some chantix to quit smoking. Started it yesterday and it takes a few days to kick in.
I went to the bar last night and smoked like a fiend. No drinks as I was the dd. Sparkling water cranberry and lime was good. Stayed out really late. Lots of drunk and obnoxious people. Almost saw a fight because some guy was really drunk and stupid. Really tired but not hungover. I had 1 thought about a non alcoholic beer but it passed.

Things have been stressfull but making it through. Trying to be more active to forget anxieties. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Lovebug,
I can relate. I also did all my drinking at home, in hiding. There were few people that knew the true extent of my addiction. Staying busy and away from home is my plan for now, but I know eventually I'll have to face the downtime. Have a great day!
Old 07-18-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Was chatting to a friend earlier. I explained how before when my brain got all too full of thoughts and active I'd have a glass of wine and it would all slow down and go away.. but now it just keeps on going.

He said 'Welcome to reality love' In a kind way and it did make me smile cause it does feel like suddenly I am living in reality not in an odd distant haze.

Just thought I would share.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Looks like i'm late in the month but I'd like tojoin you guys if possible?

Day 3 for me.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

BBB, never too late for sobriety! Welcome
Old 07-18-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Originally Posted by BringingBackB View Post

Day 3 for me.
It's July, isn't it? Welcome. Post all you want.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BringingBackB View Post

Day 3 for me.
Welcome BBB! Reading and posting helps! How you doing Day 3?
Old 07-18-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Welcome BBB.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Day 13 here & going strong. As much as I dreaded it, having quite a bit to do is keeping my mind busy. Best friend is close by at the lake having fun & I'm home where there are no boo's...
Old 07-18-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Little after midnight again, just woke up so day 2 is done. There's no way I'm picking up again. Actually, that's wrong, there's no way I can pick up again.

I don't know what those were, but they weren't night terrors. I know what night terrors are, and that wasn't them. Ugghhhh...
Old 07-18-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Great start to the day! Lovely bike ride, followed by mowing the lawn. Topped off with a big glass of root beer! And it's not even noon!

Afternoon to be spent helping with a Boy Scout's Eagle Project. BUSY for a Saturday!

Hang in there, all!

KO
Old 07-18-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Welcome BBB!!

Saande and lovebug..I can relate as well. I did all my drinking at home. I have not had a drink in public for 10 years but I am still fighting this demon!

My daughter came home from her trip. Like expected, she was upset and mad. She called me selfish and unable to think of others. I re-explained to her that this disease is an ongoing battle and cannot be fixed with a cast like a broken leg ( iforgot who told me that earlier..but thank you). We went around in circles a bit and got to a calm point.I think it is just going to be healing her broken heart from here.

Thank you for all of your words of wisdom. This disease is out to get you!!'

I will be in touch later xo
Old 07-18-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Well I just got done with the aa meeting. I did not enjoy it. I'm actually sitting in my car crying because I hated it so much. It was a large group. Mostly people with many years of sobriety. It's not that anyone was unfriendly, but I didn't feel welcome. The worst part, there was a woman from my church there, (it was a surprise to me because I went to a meeting a couple of towns over). She barely acknowledged me after I smiled and greeted her. I had so much hope going in. And now I just feel dejected and sad. I don't know what to do with these emotions. All I can think about is having a drink right now. Right now I'm just hoping to get through the night. Just one more night. Sorry for the wallow in self-pity.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Saande I don't think I have the skills to really help as I can imagine going to an AA meeting and feeling that uncomfortable is difficult. I can say don't let it convince you to have a drink. Your upset now but as you say get through tonight. Things may look a whole lot better in the morning.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Lovehoops, I'm sorry for the trouble you and your daughter are having. I'm glad to hear it sounds like you've reached a calm place with her.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Thank you DD!