SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2015 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/371681-class-july-2015-part-3-a.html)

Dee74 07-15-2015 09:40 PM

Class of July 2015 Part 3

last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D

sleepie 07-15-2015 09:40 PM

Woohoo!

sleepie 07-15-2015 09:41 PM

So Casey when are you going to the Lego Store?

notgonnastoptry 07-15-2015 09:50 PM

I'm here. Things have been traumatic, so I haven't gotten over here to say hi to everyone. Glad to be a part of this class.

PennyLane76 07-15-2015 09:51 PM

Hi Notgonnastop, how did intake go?

CaseyW 07-15-2015 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by sleepie (Post 5467925)
So Casey when are you going to the Lego Store?

Unfortunately I'm 250 miles from the nearest Lego store. But I'm still contemplating your Lego idea anyways. Thought I might put my own spin on it--maybe buy a set that appeals to me and then only do one numbered instruction from it at the end of every day. I don't know--still thinking on it.

How is your house today? We need pictures!

PennyLane76 07-15-2015 09:55 PM

Amazon has Legos! I'm lookin into it!

sleepie 07-15-2015 09:59 PM

Yay Sadie! I am not a girly girl but I went totally girlie with my colors and even got some flowers :)
Casey wow! You are really out there... I hope it's beautiful wherever you are.
Put your own spin on it and have fun, definitely :) you can always order online.

I think I will post a picture every 30 days. Just laying down the foundation as I am in sobriety. today I ate well, lots of vegetables and a brisk walk plus a couple extra short walks with my boyfriend.

PennyLane76 07-15-2015 10:03 PM

Closing down Day 2, good day! New experiment if I do the 3 am wake up call again, to just fold laundry, do stuff ....rather than trying things to calm me down and go back to sleep, which doesn't happen. Just get up, annoy my spouse with the coffee grinder and start my day. Fold laundry, exciting things like that!!

CaseyW 07-15-2015 10:05 PM

whiteturtle, I missed this paragraph in your original post and wanted to address it a bit now:

Even if I make it past tonight, if I feel this weak now, how am I going to fight this forever?? I know I shouldn't be thinking past the next minute, even, but...I am too filled with anxiety and self-loathing to not be dreading what's to come.
You won't have to fight this forever. You're very early in sobriety right now and your addiction is getting worried and putting up a good fight. A fight that it will lose as long as you don't feed that addiction. It gets better, I promise. Proof is in the hundreds upon hundreds of active users here like Dee with years of continuous sobriety and recovery. They all say it gets better with some time and action on our part. Every single one of them. I don't think they're lying to us.

I know this is hard now but please please please don't quit right before the miracle happens. There is a better way of life waiting for you and I think you already know you're not going to find that in the bottom of a wine bottle. Give sobriety a real chance.

I always look forward to your posts in large part because of their honesty about yourself and your compassion toward others here. You're in my thoughts and prayers tonight...

PennyLane76 07-15-2015 10:05 PM

Sleepie, I wanted to order the Frozen castle and Elsa , lol, but didn't think that was enough building, so will check tomorrow :)

CaseyW 07-15-2015 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by sleepie (Post 5467939)
Casey wow! You are really out there... I hope it's beautiful wherever you are.

Yeah, I'm in the middle of West Texas. I guess it's beautiful if you like flat land for hundreds of miles, lots of dirt and oil wells, and hardly any trees or water. Like a desert only with ugly gritty dirt instead of sand. And cows instead of camels.

sleepie 07-15-2015 10:08 PM

292 pieces Sadie that's a lot!
I only got enough for 6 months, I designed my own... if I make it to 6 months that will be the longest time I have gone in 13 years without drinking.
Sadly.
Wait, I meant WHEN I get 6 months... When I get 6 months...

sleepie 07-15-2015 10:10 PM

Casey I just spoke with someone who hails from Texas today, she moved to my midwest city and loves it.

CaseyW 07-15-2015 10:12 PM

Texas has many beautiful parts too. It's a huge state with all sorts of different climates/landscapes. I just happen to live in a not-so-beautiful part now. But it's still home to me. There's some beauty in that. (I guess.)

PennyLane76 07-15-2015 10:14 PM

What beautiful parts? I have been to Dallas and El Paso only. How is Austin? I would like to go there, looks pretty

Cbf123 07-16-2015 12:05 AM

Morning, everybody! Day 4 for me. Best wishes to all those going another 24 today. I'll be taking my daughter for a walk and then sitting on my backside to watch 10 hours of golf! I love days off!

That said, I'll be checking in here to stop AV from convincing me that a beer would make my day any better.

CaseyW 07-16-2015 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sadie1 (Post 5467951)
What beautiful parts? I have been to Dallas and El Paso only. How is Austin? I would like to go there, looks pretty

Austin and that whole central part of Texas is beautiful. Hilly and lots of trees of all types. I lived there for years and will move back there again at some point, I'm sure. It's my favorite part of Texas.

El Paso is as ugly as my part of Texas. Only more so. Dallas itself is ugly but the country east of Dallas is gorgeous once you leave the city behind. The Gulf Coast can also be very beautiful in parts.

isabelles 07-16-2015 01:06 AM

Goodmorning, day 8 starts here. I feel so tired and actually went to bed early -ish . I dont feel healthy in the morning, exhausted always and at night problems getting tired (I just dont get the feeling *tired-ready to go to bed).

Muscle pain today, and I already feel a bit cranky ;) :D

lovehoops 07-16-2015 02:47 AM

coming back

Hi all...I would lie to join this class. I came back to SR in January and stayed sober for 6 months. I posted for 3 then stoped. The daily support was very helpful and I need that. I have to stop messing up my life. I met some great people and enjoyed posting. I KNOW I can't do this on my own :(....I look forward to connecting with all of you. Thanks