Notices

Newbie Weekender Sober Thread June 25 until

Old 06-27-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

I made brownies tonight, with caramel marbling. Had vanilla ice-cream on the side. Good stuff.

Dogs are on the bed snoring already.

In bed early for some reading.

Goodnight everyone
Old 06-27-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Who knows! We seemed to hit it off, but those are the dates you never hear from again, so I will wait and see
Old 06-27-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Finally got caught up with the thread and now I'm ready to go to sleep.
Learningagain. ..glad to hear that your date went well. I am venturing out myself these days. Not sure if I have time for someone in my life, but I'll see.
bigs...I hope you feel better soon. It's miserable being sick. At least you had the weekend to get over it.
weasel...you must be exhausted! Wowza on the exercise.
I'm going to walk 6 miles in the morning with friends. Haven't done it in a while so I hope I can keep up.
ok-I had a great day and am pooped.
See you all tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

OK, I am about to head to bed. Glad everyone seems to be having a reasonable weekend! Some wet, some dry, some hot, some cold...but all sober!!!

Oh, and Mr. Fireman just texted saying he enjoyed the date so fingers crossed!
Old 06-27-2015, 11:04 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Cloudy morning here. Not up to Weasels level but i managed a half hour run alongside the canal

Glad your date went well Learning
Old 06-27-2015, 11:48 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Oh brother.... I am up sitting in my recliner. I have... Ready for this? tonsillitis

My throat is swollen and I cannot breath laying down. Adult tonsillectomy's can be very rough. High percentage of complications. Mostly from dehydration. Thank god this was not back in the day. I will do some extra hydration and take extra good care since I won't know if this will cause the dr to act. Maybe I can get away with meds to reduce the swelling. All I know Is it effing hurts and laying down flat is impossible.

Damn.... Sunday and I need to find a place to go get a first looksy. Uggghhh...

Otherwise I feel good.

Might as well try to get some sleep in this chair. Cat purring above my head. He may have to get booted.

K
Old 06-27-2015, 11:53 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Ok... Not so bad. My doc belongs to a fantastic medical group. Very large. They have an emergency office open today at 8am. I will call then.

This started last night but I thought nothing of it. Then laying in bed it hit me. Doh!!!!

At least I will be a quiet weasel.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:05 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning all ,

Glad to hear you delt with the craving Sao, after the first year i found things got easier and i trusted myself more in situations with alcohol around . I think the timing is different for all of us but year 2 was better for me with stuff like that .

BigS , keep warm , keep your fluid levels up , stay safe .

Sunny and warm up here in the north of the UK last evening , had a real nice rare 16oz T-bone (£26 errk ! ) and a walk past the windmill along the estuary to get back home .
It was the kind of place i'd have went mad in in my drinking days , lots of wines £50 - £300 a bottle then coming home to drink anything to get to oblivion .

As much as the see-saw was once biased to darn it i'll drink , it is now biased to not drinking … I took time to notice the shrill laughter , the sweaty faces , the shouting , i remembered the hot face i'd get , the fuzzy feeling as my world would turn inwards , the horizons shrink to me and the bottle …

I didn't drink , i was as urbane and witty as i have ever been , measured , content , outgoing and friendly without being loud or "in ones face" .

I don't have to shout these days , i am present and don't have to overcome my distance from others induced by alcohol .

As for the sharpening of knives and relationships i think i'll sit that out

coffee time ,

m
Old 06-28-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey K ,
sorry to hear about your throat , i won't ask who you've been kissing

m
Old 06-28-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hope they can do something to ease the symptoms Wease

Wine prices in restaurants can be crazy Mecx - another reason to quit
Old 06-28-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Morning all,

I hope everyone had a good Saturday.

Get well soon BigS and K.

B
Old 06-28-2015, 02:30 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Saoutchik, I LOVE hammocks. Jealous! Although the noise you're talking about doesn't sound great...

Soberpotamus, how cute! I used to have a basset hound and I would give him baths in a big red tub like that.

Weasel, I feel so lazy right now. I know I walked a lot yesterday, but nowhere near that! Nice! But how on earth did you go from a 16 mile walk to tonsillitis so fast? UCK! Hope you're feeling better soon. Let us know what the DR says.

BigS - hope you're feeling better! I had the flu (like the real one, the influenza) in January and it knocked me down for about 2 weeks. Terrible!

Learning, so glad the date went well! 6 hours?! Wow. That's impressive. Hopefully the next one will be just as fun

It's finally cleared up here. It's about 75 and sunny and I'm on an island (Odderoya) and I have an office view of the water. Lovely! I think I'll go on a walk-about sometime this afternoon, see if I can get a little closer to the water. Looking at a map it appears we're on a bay that connects to the North Sea. Fun!
Old 06-28-2015, 03:05 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Thanks Site!

I woke yesterday with a bad throat but shook it off as it was not full blown. Got real bad last night and now. Soz... Just hit the doc up for meds and see.

Rain rain and more rain today as predicted. I don't complain when weather forces a nice lazy day. Unless there are to many in a row. But supposed to be just today.

Hope everyone is doing well this sober Sunday!
Old 06-28-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

BTW... A pic from yesterdays early morning start.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Happy Sunday Sobersaurus Rexes!

Had a great night's sleep and I am ready to hit the ground running. Hope everyone is feeling grand today!

If you're still struggling, then keep reading. There are answers in these forums.

Be well!
Old 06-28-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Bacon is cooking!!!!

Who else loves those little night light looking heaters that you drop smelly wax in and it fills the room with a please scent? Had one for a while and with the rain and all it makes the room seem warm.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better Ken! I have like 6 of those tart burners. But I am a smell freak.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Weazel - take care of yourself, that is really no fun!

So, some details of sober dating...I was rescued from the Martini Bar thanks to the weather! Some of the roads were flooded and closed, and of course me and Mr. Fireman lived either side of the flooding sections, so he called and we both kind of drove parallel to the flooding and found a place we could get across and then went somewhere near that, which was just a regular chain place.

We got along instantly. Being English in America, as usual our waitress was chatting away to us as she was asking questions about England. She then said "It is so nice when and husband and wife come in, and they are obviously so happy in each others company and only have eyes for each other". Cue awkward laughter and a "this is our first date". She laughed and said "I see people in here all the time, I know, come back and show me the ring!". Nothing like pressure from a random stranger!

So, we kind of talked, had a make out session in the car (I am so bad!), but I was good and came home - I think part of my addict type personality is being all or nothing, so if I start something I always want to finish it, but I was in control as sober.

Today I feel hungover! But I am not, probably just from a late night and nerves. Today will be a very lazy day!
Old 06-28-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

oh boy, a lot to comment on, but learning took me out

love that photo weasel, hope you feel better soon, and bigs and all...

glad everyone is doing well....

my lazy day continued into a lazy night yesterday... still cool and damp here, unsure if rain is still happening or not - but it is wet... never reached 70 yesterday closer to 60 most of the day...

welp, I can only think of one thing this morning: learning, how old are you?

Old 06-28-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Went for a lovely little walk.. this place is gorgeous!

I even found some wild swans... I tried to keep my distance from them