Old 06-28-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  
learningagain

Weazel - take care of yourself, that is really no fun!

So, some details of sober dating...I was rescued from the Martini Bar thanks to the weather! Some of the roads were flooded and closed, and of course me and Mr. Fireman lived either side of the flooding sections, so he called and we both kind of drove parallel to the flooding and found a place we could get across and then went somewhere near that, which was just a regular chain place.

We got along instantly. Being English in America, as usual our waitress was chatting away to us as she was asking questions about England. She then said "It is so nice when and husband and wife come in, and they are obviously so happy in each others company and only have eyes for each other". Cue awkward laughter and a "this is our first date". She laughed and said "I see people in here all the time, I know, come back and show me the ring!". Nothing like pressure from a random stranger!

So, we kind of talked, had a make out session in the car (I am so bad!), but I was good and came home - I think part of my addict type personality is being all or nothing, so if I start something I always want to finish it, but I was in control as sober.

Today I feel hungover! But I am not, probably just from a late night and nerves. Today will be a very lazy day!